Author Topic: Tomorrow I am going to AA  (Read 7177 times)

pulling weight

• Getbig III
Tomorrow I am going to AA
« on: November 24, 2012, 09:32:32 AM »
I don't have a problem really but I over indulged one night and told one of my gfs that I was visiting her and if she's not there I'm kicking her door in anyway. Also apparently called her an ugly mutt and told her, "I hope you die". Then I evidently took down a womans name and number, except instead of adding it to my contacts i somehow texted it to said gf. I was also doing snuff with the alcohol and don't remember doing any of these things, but I agreed to go because she put an ultimatum down.

Anyone else go to AA? What should I expect?
T

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Re: Tomorrow I am going to AA
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 09:37:07 AM »
Anabolics Anonymous  ???

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 09:38:58 AM »
i've been to the AA support group with family members.   Boring, emotional, can be interesting at time... but way too many ppl in there under state order, who are just waiting to get high as soon as the 28 days is up

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 09:39:54 AM »
its not that bad, u just sit there and drink a thousand cups of coffee n listen to a bunch of people talk about all the fucked up shit they did cause of alcohol. i had to go by court order, i was 20 years old
R

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 09:40:22 AM »
I don't have a problem really but I over indulged one night and told one of my gfs that I was visiting her and if she's not there I'm kicking her door in anyway. Also apparently called her an ugly mutt and told her, "I hope you die". Then I evidently took down a womans name and number, except instead of adding it to my contacts i somehow texted it to said gf. I was also doing snuff with the alcohol and don't remember doing any of these things, but I agreed to go because she put an ultimatum down.

Friendly people, beyond that it is up to you

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 09:40:32 AM »
and they ALL smoke on breaks.  like chimneys.  like 5 ciggs in 10 minutes.

pulling weight

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 09:40:57 AM »
i've been to the AA support group with family members.   Boring, emotional, can be interesting at time... but way too many ppl in there under state order, who are just waiting to get high as soon as the 28 days is up

Did it actually help you yourself curb the addiction or were you just placating family?
I heard it has a religious bent.

(Good one Nails ;))
T

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 09:41:37 AM »

true, i met alot of people in there who where partying right after they left
R

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2012, 09:43:12 AM »

Best of luck to you.

At least you didn't kill someone in a DUI.
G

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2012, 09:43:26 AM »
Did it actually help you yourself curb the addiction or were you just placating family?

(Good one Nails ;))

Not really a religious bent, that depends on the individual, I know atheists that go fit in fine

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2012, 09:44:13 AM »

(Good one Nails ;))

I never had an addiction, lol, I get demolished off 3 wines and go to sleep :)   I went with my dad, probably 15 years ago... Al-Alon I think?  He was doing a 28 day rehab and having family there was part of it.  He was never cured, he just got old and stopped doing it.  Most junkies 1) quit, and preach about it 24/7  2) go to jail  3) die  4) just get older and stop doing it as much.

Also it seems junkies can usually treat their bodies like pincushions for decades, then BOOM they turn 50 and they fall apart insanely fast.  

There was a bit of praying in it, but mostly people seeing who can talk the most about how they've changed.  It was nice for me, to spend time with dad, but not a lot changed from it.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2012, 09:45:12 AM »
Quitter.   

pulling weight

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2012, 09:45:31 AM »
Best of luck to you.

At least you didn't kill someone in a DUI.

That was a motivating factor. Being blacked out enough to not remember, yet being coherent enough to take down numbers and text with perfect English is a dangerous state. Also apparently went to two bars and don't remember that at all.
I don't drink everyday, but when I do I have a tendency to take it too far (along with other things).
T

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2012, 09:49:25 AM »
That was a motivating factor. Being blacked out enough to not remember, yet being coherent enough to take down numbers and text with perfect English is a dangerous state. Also apparently went to two bars and don't remember that at all.
I don't drink everyday, but when I do I have a tendency to take it too far (along with other things).

All auto-complete and protein shakes.

G

pulling weight

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2012, 09:52:21 AM »
All auto-complete and protein shakes.

Yeah buddy. And snuff with the alcohol. That's probably what put me in that in between state.
T

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2012, 09:57:21 AM »
i had to go to NA also back then, the stories where really interesting. the guy who ran r program was an ex drug addict
R

pulling weight

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2012, 09:57:59 AM »
i had to go to NA also back then, the stories where really interesting. the guy who ran r program was an ex drug addict

Yeah? Do tell
T

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2012, 10:39:24 AM »
there is no spiritual solution to a chemical problem

Christopher!
G

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2012, 10:56:58 AM »

no thats spider.....spider got shot in the foot!!  then next time he did not get the drinks out fast enough....so he got filled with lead.  "i'm a good shot.....what do you want from me!"
Mr. AZ 2003

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2012, 10:58:24 AM »

"go fuck yourself tommy!"
Mr. AZ 2003

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2012, 10:58:52 AM »

Then don't go...

Gosling31977

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2012, 10:59:03 AM »
The wife was in AA when we met, and I went to a few dinner functions they held.  I wasnt sold on it, but then again it really depends on the person and reasons behind their visits. Some go because of court order and of course when forced to do anything its hard to accept what is being spoken.  If you are going for real change then maybe, I mean what I witnessed at the few I attended with the wife were a bunch of back stabbing low life overweight women who look to blame their lives on men, and most men were there because their fat ugly wives made them attend.  Dont listen to me ive always played the devils advocate at these things. I tried talking my brother in law who is doing time for being a piece of shit drug dealer to hang outside of NA meetings and sell drugs,, then gripe and bytch about him being a drug dealer hahaha.

I so wish you luck on your journey as alcohol hads destroyed many lives. my mom was and is an alcoholic and I say thank god for that. Ina  sick way me watching her and what she done as i was a child made me never want to drink. However back in the old myspace and single man days I did drink and fuck alot of fat ugly women. That is why I hated attending these AA functions with the wife in fear of running into one of these whale asses I plowed and whispers sweet nothings into their ears all night. Hey then again im no prize, so it all worked out in the end.

i must say though meeting these 250-300# women online and nailing them drunk was not a bad time in my life. I mean women like that do not care if you last 1 minute or 2 just as long as you are fucking them. they are so excited to get dick they 4get it only lasted 2 minutes.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2012, 11:00:18 AM »
moosejay
a

hrspwr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2012, 11:21:48 AM »
why not just read some of the book "alcoholics anonymous" and see if any of it applies to you. I`m sure its free on the web.

The doctors opinion in the front made a lot of sense to me, and the first couple of chapters were pretty interesting, after that meh.

time under tension

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2012, 11:24:30 AM »
Mr. AZ 2003