Author Topic: The Rock returns to Raw & wrestling full time!!!  (Read 17318 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: The Rock returns to Raw & wrestling full time!!!
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2011, 10:19:51 AM »
Rock's promo was definitely better than Cena's last one. I'm glad that Miz finally interjected himself in the feud...he's the champ he shouldn't be treated as an afterthought. Cena should start responding to Miz, he's attacked him, what? 3 weeks in a row and Cena's done nothing about it.

I wonder if Cena is at all concerned as to exactly where this will leave his character once the Rock angle is done.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2011, 11:04:25 AM »
Rock's promo was definitely better than Cena's last one. I'm glad that Miz finally interjected himself in the feud...he's the champ he shouldn't be treated as an afterthought. Cena should start responding to Miz, he's attacked him, what? 3 weeks in a row and Cena's done nothing about it.
Miz has gotten much better but he is still no Austin, HHH or Rock status.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2011, 05:03:26 AM »
Nah....they're all buddies outside the ring. Its in no way personal. Its strictly a work and never the less, the Rock is clearly owning Cena.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2011, 05:10:26 AM »
Nah....they're all buddies outside the ring. Its in no way personal. Its strictly a work and never the less, the Rock is clearly owning Cena.

I'm still curious to see how this is going to "help" Cena in the long run.
I can only figure that it's to ultimately end up as a hard heel push - the kind that won't leave any apathetic or borderline fans, and won't see him turn again for some time.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2011, 05:18:54 AM »
Honestly Chef, it wasn't anything special. The crowd at one point was cheering "Rocky Rocky!" That's how bad it was. Brutal. I think this may be a mistake on WWE's part because by bringing the Rock back even if it is temporarily (which I think it is), they are destroying Cena's credability (or what little he has of it). Cena simply cannot compete with The Rock.

I beg to differ. Rock's responses have been LAME, ever since Cena blasted him the week after Rock's return.

I'm still curious to see how this is going to "help" Cena in the long run.
I can only figure that it's to ultimately end up as a hard heel push - the kind that won't leave any apathetic or borderline fans, and won't see him turn again for some time.

Since Cena already gets partially booed (depending on what part of the country he's located), the only way you could possibly make him a complete heel is to align him with Mr. McMahon, ala Austin 2001.

Cena is the focal point of WWE; or, as I said weeks ago, he's like a boy-band: You either love him or love to HATE him.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2011, 06:10:39 AM »
The Rock has OWNED Cena left, right, centre, up and down. Only people who may beg to differ are the 5-10 year olds and it was way past their bedtime.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2011, 09:13:21 AM »
The Rock has OWNED Cena left, right, centre, up and down. Only people who may beg to differ are the 5-10 year olds and it was way past their bedtime.
I think that Cena's first promo was great after that...not so much lol

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2011, 10:16:17 AM »
I think that Cena's first promo was great after that...not so much lol
The Rock was straight up hilarious. When they showd the crowed even the crowd was laughing with the odd kid that had a sad face. I said it before, this may be a huge mistake on WWE's part by destroying what little credability Cena has for a temporary Rock return.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2011, 10:22:28 AM »
The Rock was straight up hilarious. When they showd the crowed even the crowd was laughing with the odd kid that had a sad face. I said it before, this may be a huge mistake on WWE's part by destroying what little credability Cena has for a temporary Rock return.
I'm a Cena fan but I don't think he has that much credibilty with a lot of fans in the first place. The kids and women who are most of his fanbase will cheer him no matter what the Rock says. Most male wrestling fans over the age of 12 never thought he had any.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2011, 10:24:28 AM »

Hardly!!! Cena clowned him and he has YET to recover. From that tirade he did the week after Cena clocked him, to this recent mess with that little kid in the Cena clothes. That was weak. Rock's initial shot at Cena was funny. But, the rest has been garbage.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2011, 10:37:02 AM »
Hardly!!! Cena clowned him and he has YET to recover. From that tirade he did the week after Cena clocked him, to this recent mess with that little kid in the Cena clothes. That was weak. Rock's initial shot at Cena was funny. But, the rest has been garbage.

The Rock OWNED Cena. Mpopped the floor with him and spiked the ratings for that 15 minutes. How did Cena clown him? By blowing on a flower? Big deal. Not one person in the crowd gave a damn, hell the crowd was yelling, "Rocky! Rocky!".

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2011, 01:05:57 PM »
We've all "Cena Nuff"  8)

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2011, 07:13:53 PM »
The Rock announced on his Twitter page that he will be appearing at the March 28 edition of WWE Raw in Chicago. "Get ready, Chicago, The Rock is bringing' it and we're 'putting' our boots to candy asses' live on Raw and electrifying the world," Rock wrote. You can follow him on Twitter at Twitter.com/TheRock.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2011, 01:23:53 PM »
So whats gonna happen come Mania? Is Miz retaining due to the Rocks interference? Or is Cena gonna give the Rock the attitue adjustment, win the belt, and steal the entire show?

I think Cena will win...that's how they are building it. Not sure how Rock will fit in.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2011, 07:09:25 PM »
I think Cena will win...that's how they are building it. Not sure how Rock will fit in.

If they're going through with a Cena heel turn, I don't think it would help the cause to have Rock cost him the match via interference.
It would be interesting if they had Rock & Cena form a faction, upon which it is revealed that they "duped" the fans into expecting a feud between the two.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2011, 12:49:56 PM »
Have to say the impersonation of the Rock by the Miz was absolutely hysterical.  To see people in the crowd go ape shit like he was there...only to have it be Miz....HA HA.  Wish he hadn't torn the skull cap off though and went through a little more stuff to solidify or bring about a bigger heel persona.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2011, 02:32:35 PM »

If they're going through with a Cena heel turn, I don't think it would help the cause to have Rock cost him the match via interference.
It would be interesting if they had Rock & Cena form a faction, upon which it is revealed that they "duped" the fans into expecting a feud between the two.

They are really thin on faces not just on RAW but in general. If Cena turned, I don't know who they would have challenge him unless they do a double turn and Miz becomes a face.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2011, 04:48:44 PM »
They are really thin on faces not just on RAW but in general. If Cena tuned, I don't know who they would have challenge him unless they do a double turn and Miz becomes a face.

Damn, that's a tough call.
There are plenty of fans who want to boo Cena, but there are just as many who want to cheer him, and neither side "needs" any more reason to do either respectively.
I think the biggest challenge is getting everyone on the same page.

It's unusual for a main-event, company posterboy to receive such a mixed reaction from the fans to the extent that Cena has.
IMO, to put him in a program with Rock suggests that it is to take Cena to the next level by getting him over in a way he could never accomplish himself.
And, that's not to say it will necessarily be a heel or face push, per se.
This could be a reversion to the "Attitude Era," which saw less focus on the good guy/bad buy paradigm, and more emphasis on "characters."

Bringing back guys like Austin & Rock (even just temporarily) would certainly make sense as a reintroduction to this format.
Either way, change is on the horizon.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2011, 09:37:57 AM »

Well, we'll just have to wait and see. There has been zero talks of Cena turning heel. I have a funny feeling that someway somehow, Cena and the Rock will become "buddies" after the match and trump the Miz.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2011, 12:31:42 PM »
Well, we'll just have to wait and see. There has been zero talks of Cena turning heel. I have a funny feeling that someway somehow, Cena and the Rock will become "buddies" after the match and trump the Miz.
That's what I see happening. No way IMO is Cena going to do anything heelish. Remember Rock's first promo when the GM sent an email and no one read it? Did they ever follow up with that?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2011, 01:18:55 PM »
I'm trying to block that ending out and hope it never happens. So sad though that thats what is probably going to happen. Like that Mike Tyson DX job.
No way WWE will sacrafice all that merchandise sales just to turn Cena heel. It would be ridiculous and if he was turning heel, it would have leaked by now.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2011, 01:17:29 PM »
sacrificing merchandise sales?

LOL....do you know how many white trash people are out there in jerkwater, USA that continue to watch WWE's shameful product?

Cena as a face or heel would still sell merchandise hand over fist, in my opinion.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2011, 04:45:18 AM »
sacrificing merchandise sales?

LOL....do you know how many white trash people are out there in jerkwater, USA that continue to watch WWE's shameful product?

Cena as a face or heel would still sell merchandise hand over fist, in my opinion.
I do but Cena's bulk of fans....I would estimate 80-90% are kids. When I was at Raw when they came to my city, I scooped up a new Triple H tee shirt at the concession stand and it was FULL of kids with parents shelling out 45 bucks Canadian a pop for a purple John Cena teeshirt. Multiply that by a sold out Air Canada Center of 20,000.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2011, 07:39:04 AM »
I do but Cena's bulk of fans....I would estimate 80-90% are kids. When I was at Raw when they came to my city, I scooped up a new Triple H tee shirt at the concession stand and it was FULL of kids with parents shelling out 45 bucks Canadian a pop for a purple John Cena teeshirt. Multiply that by a sold out Air Canada Center of 20,000.

$45 bucks for a purple Cena T-shirt?

haha...unbelievable. Mcmahon sure does clean up in concessions sales.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2011, 07:57:42 AM »
$45 bucks for a purple Cena T-shirt?

haha...unbelievable. Mcmahon sure does clean up in concessions sales.
Yup....a replica title costs 400-500 bucks....and the scary part is people actually spend money on this shit.