Author Topic: Boehner: Ending abortion ‘one of our most fundamental goals this year’  (Read 5939 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
In a special message to the annual anti-abortion protest March for Life, House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) vowed that ending abortion would be one of the top priorities of Republicans this year.

“Defending life, of course, is about much more than voting the right way or saying the right things,” he said. “It’s about promoting a culture of life. It’s about understanding that abortion is a defining human rights issue of our time. Because human life is not an economic or political commodity, and no government on Earth has the right to treat it as such.”

“With all that’s at stake, it is becoming more and more important for us to share this truth with our young people, to encourage them to lock arms, speak out for life, and help make abortion a relic of the past,” Boehner continued. “Let that be one of our most fundamental goals this year.”

Boehner said the Republican-led House would again seek to pass the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act, which sparked controversy in 2011 because of how it defined rape. The bill was approved by the House but died in the Senate.

MORE...

Raw Story (http://s.tt/1z0js)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
What a fucking moron. This is a goal for them? not the economy, jobs etc? Small government my ass, they want to tell people, namely woman what to do with there own bodies, even in the case of rape, incest etc

Every time you blow your load you are killing babies an unborn thing should never control a living human.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Pretty damn dumb almost as dumb as telling ppl your oaks fr your next term are gun control and gay marriage ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
He/they shouldn't be making this some foremost policy goal, but politics aside, making abortion "a relic of the past" is a good goal.  Even the reasonable people who are pro abortion believe it should be "safe, legal, and rare." 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
There war on women certainly helped them at the polls last go around.

bears

• Getbig IV
He/they shouldn't be making this some foremost policy goal, but politics aside, making abortion "a relic of the past" is a good goal.  Even the reasonable people who are pro abortion believe it should be "safe, legal, and rare." 

the liberal movement is making Bill Clinton's policy of "safe, legal, and rare" an outdated policy.

In 10 years it will be considered offensive to a liberal to say abortion should be "safe, legal, and rare".

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
the liberal movement is making Bill Clinton's policy of "safe, legal, and rare" an outdated policy.

In 10 years it will be considered offensive to a liberal to say abortion should be "safe, legal, and rare".

It's probably offensive to a lot of liberals today. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
He/they shouldn't be making this some foremost policy goal, but politics aside, making abortion "a relic of the past" is a good goal.  Even the reasonable people who are pro abortion believe it should be "safe, legal, and rare."  
Abortion should be safe, legal and as frequent as necessary with no barriers to get one whatsoever.  The last thing we need is more welfare babies.  Pro-Lifers who want to end abortion should pick up the cost since they want every ejaculation to have a name.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Typical Repubs

so utterly and completely tone deaf on what the public actually wants

bears

• Getbig IV
Typical Repubs

weren't you the one who posted the article saying that finally in 2013 in the US the majority of the population thinks abortion should be legal?  So from 1973-2012 the majority did not agree with Roe v Wade?

I am assuming you agree with Roe v Wade and do not want it overturned so you obviously are OK with passing a law that the majority does not agree with.  So what the fuck are you even talking about?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Boehner: Ending abortion ‘one of our most fundamental goals this year’
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 04:37:42 PM »

Are you feeling okay? ???

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 04:42:14 PM »
There war on women certainly helped them at the polls last go around.

x2

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 04:42:17 PM »
weren't you the one who posted the article saying that finally in 2013 in the US the majority of the population thinks abortion should be legal?  So from 1973-2012 the majority did not agree with Roe v Wade?

I am assuming you agree with Roe v Wade and do not want it overturned so you obviously are OK with passing a law that the majority does not agree with.  So what the fuck are you even talking about?

no law was passed in 1973 legalizing abortion

The Supreme Court issued a decision that a right to privacy under the due process clause of the 14th Amendment extended to a woman's decision to have an abortion, but that right must be balanced against the state's two legitimate interests in regulating abortion

We don't make laws in this country by what the population thinks nor are Supreme Court cases decided by popular decision

The fact is that in 2013 the majority of the people are in favor of legal abortion with some limitation and there is virtually ZERO SUPPORT for "ending abortion"

So with all the other shit we have to work on in this country why would the party that just got their ass handed to them in the last election (in part because of their nutty views on abortion) decide to make this one of their most fundamental goals?

Also, from 1973 to 2012 the majority did agree with the Roe v. Wade Decision

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 07:27:30 PM »
Abortion should be safe, legal and as frequent as necessary with no barriers to get one whatsoever.  The last thing we need is more welfare babies.  Pro-Lifers who want to end abortion should pick up the cost since they want every ejaculation to have a name.

Obama approved.  He said his first act as president in 09 would be to sign the Freedom of Choice Act, which would remove restrictions from abortions.  Never happened, but there are a number of people with this view. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 08:14:40 PM »
Boehnergetting SOTH was a huge mistake

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2013, 08:23:18 PM »
Sometimes abortions are not only called for, but a boon to society.

Case in point.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2013, 08:27:43 PM »
Typical Repubs

how you feel about obama making gun control and gay marriage his goals for the next 4 years?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2013, 09:57:41 PM »

Case in point.

Exactly.  I can`t think of any positive reason to ban abortion.  None exists.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2013, 05:34:52 AM »
Coach is going to be along soon trying to spin this. It will include the words 'liberals' and 'commies'.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, 05:46:15 AM »

Case in point.

I hope that page and posting is just a joke.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, 05:37:55 PM »
Exactly.  I can`t think of any positive reason to ban abortion.  None exists.

I don't think I've heard one that isn't religious based.  Might be, but I can't recall one.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2013, 08:23:21 PM »

I don't think I've heard one that isn't religious based.  Might be, but I can't recall one.
plenty of reasons to be against abortion outside or religion. Thats like saying there arent any reasons to be against murder but religious ones too.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2013, 12:24:41 PM »
not only should abortions be easier to get, there should be a 5 year retro-active policy.
you can get rid of the kid up to year 5; no questions asked.
w

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2013, 01:53:30 PM »
plenty of reasons to be against abortion outside or religion. Thats like saying there arent any reasons to be against murder but religious ones too.

such a poor analogy.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2013, 01:53:42 PM »
not only should abortions be easier to get, there should be a 5 year retro-active policy.
you can get rid of the kid up to year 5; no questions asked.

I'm assuming you're being facetious.  But Australia is trying to push through legislation to allow the mother to terminate the baby in the delivery room after it's born.  Give it a few years.  it'll pass.  Why?  Because they'll have 1,000 doctors telling the court that there is no actual difference between a baby that's 5 months into gestation and a baby that was born 1 minute ago.  Because there isn't.  And they'll prove it.