Author Topic: Trump's Cabinet  (Read 65784 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Trump's Cabinet
« Reply #250 on: March 26, 2018, 06:39:49 AM »
Trump goes through cabinet members like a white trash single mom in a trailer park goes through boyfriends. I'm not even going to try and remember Boltons name.. he won't be around long enough to matter

Hard hitting analysis right there. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #251 on: March 26, 2018, 11:26:40 AM »
Hard hitting analysis right there. 

call em like I see em

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #252 on: March 26, 2018, 11:30:58 AM »
call em like I see em

Only if it's anti-Trump, anti-conservative, anti-religious, etc. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #253 on: March 26, 2018, 11:35:03 AM »

Glad you brought that up. Over the last few months I've noticed that no matter what asinine thing one of the Getbig Trumpsters post, not a single Trumpster calls them out on it or disagrees with them. Can't say the same for me. I have disagreed more than once with an anti trumpster here when the post didn't seem to match reality or the facts. So tell me again how I only call em if they are anti trump etc?  :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #254 on: March 26, 2018, 12:03:46 PM »
Glad you brought that up. Over the last few months I've noticed that no matter what asinine thing one of the Getbig Trumpsters post, not a single Trumpster calls them out on it or disagrees with them. Can't say the same for me. I have disagreed more than once with an anti trumpster here when the post didn't seem to match reality or the facts. So tell me again how I only call em if they are anti trump etc?  :)

I don't know what you mean by "Trumpster" or precisely who you are talking about.  I have seen conservatives disagree with Trump on the board, including Coach recently criticizing the budget bill. 

But you and the other liberals?  Please.  You folks froth at mouth over every single possible negative thing involving Trump.  It's an obsession.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: March 26, 2018, 12:29:21 PM »
Did anyone watch the Stormy Daniels interview last night?  She's such a joke. Stormy, "Donald told me I was very smart." Maybe that explains why she found it important enough to repeat several times. Me, I'm not convinced.  ::)

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #256 on: March 26, 2018, 01:57:36 PM »
I don't know what you mean by "Trumpster" or precisely who you are talking about.  I have seen conservatives disagree with Trump on the board, including Coach recently criticizing the budget bill. 

But you and the other liberals?  Please.  You folks froth at mouth over every single possible negative thing involving Trump.  It's an obsession.
They love it when we do have disagreements/object to what he does and get very excited over it like it validates them somehow . The funny thing is (like with this bill) things they normally would love/have no objection to if it was a democrat, etc. (huge superfluous spending) they still have meltdowns about it when they should be happy. Confusing.

They don't understand objectivity nor are able to understand that you can disagree strongly with someone in an area yet still agree on other aspects. TuHolmes seemed to be the only somewhat objective/open to other thoughts left leaning poster that I can remember on here though he and coach used to go at it quite a bit.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #257 on: March 26, 2018, 02:15:54 PM »
They love it when we do have disagreements/object to what he does and get very excited over it like it validates them somehow . The funny thing is (like with this bill) things they normally would love/have no objection to if it was a democrat, etc. (huge superfluous spending) they still have meltdowns about it when they should be happy. Confusing.

They don't understand objectivity nor are able to understand that you can disagree strongly with someone in an area yet still agree on other aspects. TuHolmes seemed to be the only somewhat objective/open to other thoughts left leaning poster that I can remember on here though he and coach used to go at it quite a bit.

Agree.  And you are right that Tu Holmes is objective.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #258 on: March 26, 2018, 02:49:42 PM »

I'll rephrase it. For months.. there is zero time you or any of the "conservative" Trump fans have ever called a fellow Trump supporter out on this board when they posted something that even a trumpster should know is BS. on the other hand, I have pointed out on more than one occasion when an anti trumper has posted something that was likely not backed up by facts. And yes, Coach was recently pissed at Trumps signing of a bill. That's not what I'm talking about. I'm saying you and your cronies will sit silently by and not say anything when one of your ilk posts nonsense. You might even secretly disagree with it, but you don't seem to have the nuts to publicly point out they are wrong because they are on your side of the aisle.     

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #259 on: March 26, 2018, 02:50:43 PM »
Did anyone watch the Stormy Daniels interview last night?  She's such a joke. Stormy, "Donald told me I was very smart." Maybe that explains why she found it important enough to repeat several times. Me, I'm not convinced.  ::)

so, if someone repeats many times they are smart, or a genius, they probably arent? I can see that..

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #260 on: March 26, 2018, 03:04:30 PM »
I'll rephrase it. For months.. there is zero time you or any of the "conservative" Trump fans have ever called a fellow Trump supporter out on this board when they posted something that even a trumpster should know is BS. on the other hand, I have pointed out on more than one occasion when an anti trumper has posted something that was likely not backed up by facts. And yes, Coach was recently pissed at Trumps signing of a bill. That's not what I'm talking about. I'm saying you and your cronies will sit silently by and not say anything when one of your ilk posts nonsense. You might even secretly disagree with it, but you don't seem to have the nuts to publicly point out they are wrong because they are on your side of the aisle.     

Your qualification is still wrong and makes no sense.  Who said I have to follow anyone around pointing out things that I don't like?  When did that become the standard for anything? 

In any event, don't try and act like you aren't suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome.  You are. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #261 on: March 26, 2018, 03:07:23 PM »
Your qualification is still wrong and makes no sense.  Who said I have to follow anyone around pointing out things that I don't like?  When did that become the standard for anything? 

In any event, don't try and act like you aren't suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome.  You are. 

I think it speaks to integrity. You will not speak up when someone obviously says something stupid as long as they have a history of supporting you on the board from the conservative side. It tends to mean you are more concerned with winning an argument than what the truth is. But you aren't alone, it's quite common.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #262 on: March 26, 2018, 05:22:30 PM »
so, if someone repeats many times they are smart, or a genius, they probably arent? I can see that..
:D

I see what you did there !    :D

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: March 26, 2018, 06:10:06 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #264 on: March 26, 2018, 06:38:34 PM »
I think it speaks to integrity. You will not speak up when someone obviously says something stupid as long as they have a history of supporting you on the board from the conservative side. It tends to mean you are more concerned with winning an argument than what the truth is. But you aren't alone, it's quite common.

What the heck ever.  Absolutely false.  Stop making stuff up.  

And LOL at integrity.  Take the beam out of your eye.  lol   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: April 26, 2018, 01:53:09 PM »
Mike Pompeo confirmed as secretary of state; Senate OKs Germany ambassador
Alex Pappas By Alex Pappas   | Fox News

Republican Senator John Barrasso on the Senate's 57-42 vote and impact on President Trump's foreign policy.

The Senate voted Thursday to confirm CIA chief Mike Pompeo as President Trump’s next secretary of state, ending a contentious nomination battle.

Pompeo was confirmed on a 57-42 vote.

All Republicans present voted to confirm Pompeo. Seven senators who caucus with the Democrats voted yes, including several in tight re-election contests, like North Dakota Sen. Heidi Heitkamp, West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin and Indiana Sen. Joe Donnelly.

After the vote, Pompeo was sworn in by Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito, a State Department spokesman said.

. . .

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/26/mike-pompeo-confirmed-as-secretary-state.html

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #266 on: April 26, 2018, 07:01:06 PM »

Modesty compliments the person who possesses it.

Jane Mansfield reportedly had an IQ of 149. This was before she lost her head (bad joke)!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #267 on: April 26, 2018, 08:01:39 PM »
Modesty compliments the person who possesses it.

Jane Mansfield reportedly had an IQ of 149. This was before she lost her head (bad joke)!

>:(

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #268 on: November 07, 2018, 01:29:45 PM »
Surprise he lasted this long.  He is responsible for this runaway nutty Russia conspiracy investigation, but I still don't like the way Trump treated him. 

Jeff Sessions resigns as attorney general, at Trump's 'request'
Alex Pappas

Jeff Sessions, once one of President Trump’s most loyal and trusted advisers before infuriating Trump over his recusal from the Russia investigation, has resigned as attorney general at the request of the president.

“At your request, I am submitting my resignation,” Sessions wrote in a Wednesday letter to Trump.

The president tweeted that Matthew Whitaker, chief of staff to Sessions, will become the acting attorney general. Whitaker, according to sources, is now overseeing everything at the Justice Department, including the Russia investigation -- despite calls from Democrats to recuse himself.

“We are pleased to announce that Matthew G. Whitaker, Chief of Staff to Attorney General Jeff Sessions at the Department of Justice, will become our new Acting Attorney General of the United States. He will serve our Country well,” he said.

Trump added: “We thank Attorney General Jeff Sessions for his service, and wish him well! A permanent replacement will be nominated at a later date.”

. . . .

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jeff-sessions-resigns-as-attorney-general

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #269 on: November 07, 2018, 01:41:12 PM »
Everything I read and heard advised against Trump letting Sessions go. Is it a remake of The Saturday Massacre?

"The Saturday Night Massacre was a series of events which took place in the United States on the evening of Saturday, October 20, 1973, during the Watergate scandal. U.S. President Richard Nixon ordered Attorney General Elliot Richardson to fire independent special prosecutor Archibald Cox; Richardson refused and resigned effective immediately. Nixon then ordered Deputy Attorney General William Ruckelshaus to fire Cox; Ruckelshaus refused, and also resigned. Nixon then ordered the third-most-senior official at the Justice Department, Solicitor General Robert Bork, to fire Cox. Bork considered resigning, but did as Nixon asked. The political and public reaction to Nixon's actions were negative and highly damaging to the president. A new special counsel was appointed eleven days later on November 1, 1973,[1] and on November 14, 1973, a court ruled that the dismissal had been illegal."

Wiki

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #270 on: November 07, 2018, 01:52:00 PM »
Everything I read and heard advised against Trump letting Sessions go. Is it a remake of The Saturday Massacre?

"The Saturday Night Massacre was a series of events which took place in the United States on the evening of Saturday, October 20, 1973, during the Watergate scandal. U.S. President Richard Nixon ordered Attorney General Elliot Richardson to fire independent special prosecutor Archibald Cox; Richardson refused and resigned effective immediately. Nixon then ordered Deputy Attorney General William Ruckelshaus to fire Cox; Ruckelshaus refused, and also resigned. Nixon then ordered the third-most-senior official at the Justice Department, Solicitor General Robert Bork, to fire Cox. Bork considered resigning, but did as Nixon asked. The political and public reaction to Nixon's actions were negative and highly damaging to the president. A new special counsel was appointed eleven days later on November 1, 1973,[1] and on November 14, 1973, a court ruled that the dismissal had been illegal."

Wiki
Most of the advice by the intelligent was to let him go after midterms not before in case it would affect the voting. Also, at this point pretty much everyone knows there is nothing to the Russia hoax as well.

Sessions was good in some areas and awful in some areas. Big disappointment overall as the awful outweighed the good in overall importance/impact.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #271 on: November 07, 2018, 02:01:52 PM »
Sessions should have refused the nomination to AG knowing that the next day he would recuse. No reason for him to be there.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #272 on: November 07, 2018, 02:14:38 PM »
Most of the advice by the intelligent was to let him go after midterms not before in case it would affect the voting. Also, at this point pretty much everyone knows there is nothing to the Russia hoax as well.

Sessions was good in some areas and awful in some areas. Big disappointment overall as the awful outweighed the good in overall importance/impact.

How does everyone know there is nothing to 'the Russian hoax'? Mueller hasn't leaked or announced the current status of this investigation.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #273 on: November 07, 2018, 03:36:00 PM »
Surprise he lasted this long.  He is responsible for this runaway nutty Russia conspiracy investigation, but I still don't like the way Trump treated him.  

Jeff Sessions resigns as attorney general, at Trump's 'request'
Alex Pappas

Jeff Sessions, once one of President Trump’s most loyal and trusted advisers before infuriating Trump over his recusal from the Russia investigation, has resigned as attorney general at the request of the president.

“At your request, I am submitting my resignation,” Sessions wrote in a Wednesday letter to Trump.

The president tweeted that Matthew Whitaker, chief of staff to Sessions, will become the acting attorney general. Whitaker, according to sources, is now overseeing everything at the Justice Department, including the Russia investigation -- despite calls from Democrats to recuse himself.

“We are pleased to announce that Matthew G. Whitaker, Chief of Staff to Attorney General Jeff Sessions at the Department of Justice, will become our new Acting Attorney General of the United States. He will serve our Country well,” he said.

Trump added: “We thank Attorney General Jeff Sessions for his service, and wish him well! A permanent replacement will be nominated at a later date.”

. . . .

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jeff-sessions-resigns-as-attorney-general
a

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #274 on: November 07, 2018, 05:07:24 PM »

how does firing Sessions fit into the "anti-Trump, anti-conservative, anti-religious" meme

Sessions was one of Trump first supporters and one of the cabinet members enforcing the most strident part of his anti-American agenda

The only reason Trump was mad at Sessions is because Sessions follow Justice Department requirement to recuse himself.