Author Topic: Trump's Cabinet  (Read 65782 times)

mazrim

• Getbig V
Re: Trump's Cabinet
« Reply #275 on: November 07, 2018, 07:11:26 PM »
How does everyone know there is nothing to 'the Russian hoax'? Mueller hasn't leaked or announced the current status of this investigation.
I posted "pretty much everyone". You fall outside of that as part of the "pretty much" aspect. The evidence/signs have been posted ad nauseum both here and various news outlets. If you choose not to read/think on those then that is totally up to you.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #276 on: November 07, 2018, 07:43:42 PM »
How does everyone know there is nothing to 'the Russian hoax'? Mueller hasn't leaked or announced the current status of this investigation.

Because it's the stupidest conspiracy theory in the history of stupid conspiracy theories.  Worse than 9/11 Troofers.  Worse than that Birther crap.  Worse than the faked moon landing conspiracy. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #277 on: December 20, 2018, 03:51:12 PM »
Bummer.  I love Mad Dog.  Huge loss. 

And I disagree with Trump pulling troops against Mad Dog's advice.  Terrible decision and it cost him the best cabinet appointment of his presidency. 

Defense Secretary James Mattis to retire at the end of February, Trump says

By Elizabeth Zwirz | Fox News
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/defense-secretary-james-mattis-to-retire-at-the-end-of-february-trump-says

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #278 on: December 20, 2018, 06:27:01 PM »
Bummer.  I love Mad Dog.  Huge loss. 

And I disagree with Trump pulling troops against Mad Dog's advice.  Terrible decision and it cost him the best cabinet appointment of his presidency. 

Defense Secretary James Mattis to retire at the end of February, Trump says

By Elizabeth Zwirz | Fox News
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/defense-secretary-james-mattis-to-retire-at-the-end-of-february-trump-says
I gotta agree here. Wonder who will replace him?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #279 on: December 20, 2018, 11:36:17 PM »
I gotta agree here. Wonder who will replace him?

I really don't think it matters. Likely it will be someone who will agree with him. He had the best possible person but Trump is always the smartest person in the room

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #280 on: December 21, 2018, 09:25:11 AM »
I really don't think it matters. Likely it will be someone who will agree with him. He had the best possible person but Trump is always the smartest person in the room
Everyone is replaceable, you were replaced, I will be replaced. It is troubling, but not the end of the world.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #281 on: December 21, 2018, 04:09:00 PM »
Everyone is replaceable, you were replaced, I will be replaced. It is troubling, but not the end of the world.

A generic statement certainly. But back to specifics... It will be difficult to find a replacement that is knowledgeable about the subjects, intelligent AND will agree with Trumps views.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #282 on: December 21, 2018, 06:10:44 PM »

A generic statement certainly. But back to specifics... It will be difficult to find a replacement that is knowledgeable about the subjects, intelligent AND will agree with Trumps views.
It may be for certain. Who would you choose?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #283 on: January 03, 2019, 09:57:12 PM »
I hope he says yes.  I would have voted for him in 2016 if he won the nomination.

FORMER DEMOCRATIC SENATOR COULD REPLACE MATTIS AS DEFENSE SECRETARY, SAYS REPORT
01/03/2019 | POLITICS
Virginia Kruta | Associate Editor

Former Democratic Virginia Sen. Jim Webb is reportedly being considered as a possible replacement for retiring Defense Secretary James Mattis.

According to a report from The New York Times, Webb has been approached by representatives for both Vice President Mike Pence and acting White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney.

Representatives for Vice President Mike Pence and Mick Mulvaney, the acting White House chief of staff, have reached out to Mr. Webb, one of the three officials said. Separately, a senior Defense Department official confirmed that Mr. Webb’s name had been circulating at the White House. Those two and the third official all spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe the internal discussions.

Webb’s vocal opposition to the Iraq war and former President Barack Obama’s Iran Deal — along with his belief that China should be dealt with aggressively — seem to align him with much of President Donald Trump’s foreign policy. He also fails to align with the more progressive Democrats on other key issues like climate change. (RELATED: Donald Trump Should Consider Jim Webb For Veep)

The Naval Academy graduate and Vietnam veteran also served as President Ronald Reagan’s secretary of the Navy. While in Vietnam, he earned the Navy Cross, the Silver Star Medal, two Bronze Star Medals and two Purple Hearts.

Webb, who served only one term as senator, briefly entered the 2016 Democratic presidential primary. He left the race abruptly after the first televised debate, saying that he and the Democratic Party had parted ways.

“I fully accept that my views on many issues are not compatible with the power structure and base of the Democratic Party,” he said, leaving the door open for an independent run that never materialized.

In 2016, Webb distanced himself further from the Democratic Party when he said that he could not cast a vote for nominee Hillary Clinton and admitted that he would consider pulling the lever for Trump.

Other names reportedly being discussed for Mattis’s past position include former Republican Missouri Sen. Jim Talent and sitting Republican Sens. Tom Cotton of Arkansas and Lindsey Graham of South Carolina.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/03/jim-webb-replace-mattis-defense-secretary-reports/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #284 on: January 04, 2019, 11:24:56 AM »
Trump's cabinet is pretty bare.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #285 on: January 04, 2019, 03:45:18 PM »
It may be for certain. Who would you choose?

No idea. But if I were in that position I would develop or have developed a list of potential candidates that meet a criteria of experience and knowledge. What I wouldn't do would be to choose someone that didn't have the balls to tell me what they really thought of an idea or policy. I also would recognize that I should put weight to their guidance because I sure don't know enough about it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #286 on: January 04, 2019, 03:54:50 PM »

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #287 on: January 04, 2019, 06:26:07 PM »
No idea. But if I were in that position I would develop or have developed a list of potential candidates that meet a criteria of experience and knowledge. What I wouldn't do would be to choose someone that didn't have the balls to tell me what they really thought of an idea or policy. I also would recognize that I should put weight to their guidance because I sure don't know enough about it.
You should run for president
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #288 on: January 04, 2019, 09:33:21 PM »
You should run for president

I'm not qualified, though I am more qualified than the current one

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #289 on: January 04, 2019, 10:07:27 PM »
I'm not qualified, though I am more qualified than the current one
What makes you more qualified?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #290 on: January 04, 2019, 11:22:30 PM »
What makes you more qualified?

I'm not delusional. I'm not a sociopath. I don't believe I know more than the generals. I respect differing opinions and don't feel lashing out is my first option in the face of controversy. I have experience in consensus building and leading from the front. I am moral, trustworthy and have the countries best interest at heart. I never filed bankruptcy  Those are a few of the reasons I am more qualified than him, but even then, I am not qualified to be President. I think we (the majority of Americans) are seeing what happens when an unqualified person takes that office. It aint pretty

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #291 on: January 05, 2019, 09:03:14 AM »
I'm not delusional. I'm not a sociopath. I don't believe I know more than the generals. I respect differing opinions and don't feel lashing out is my first option in the face of controversy. I have experience in consensus building and leading from the front. I am moral, trustworthy and have the countries best interest at heart. I never filed bankruptcy  Those are a few of the reasons I am more qualified than him, but even then, I am not qualified to be President. I think we (the majority of Americans) are seeing what happens when an unqualified person takes that office. It aint pretty
You sound easily manipulated.  :-\
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #292 on: January 05, 2019, 03:50:20 PM »
You sound easily manipulated.  :-\

I suppose to those who think once you have an idea in your head you should stick to it no matter what, it might sound that way

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #293 on: June 13, 2019, 06:43:40 PM »
She did an outstanding job.

Who Will Replace Sarah Sanders as White House Press Secretary?
White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders takes questions during a briefing at the James Brady Press Briefing Room (Alex Wong/Getty Images)
By John Gizzi    |   Thursday, 13 June 2019

“Completely unexpected,” “Stunning,” “Out of the blue,” were just some of the expressions used by fellow White House correspondents following the President’s tweet late Thursday afternoon that Sarah Sanders would soon be stepping down as White House press secretary.

Moments after the surprise news set in, speculation on a successor began to take off in the White House Briefing Room — which has been unused since Sanders’ last briefing nearly three months ago (March 12).

Early betting among White House correspondents was on Hogan Gidley, Sanders’ principal deputy press secretary and fellow Arkansas native. Gidley did media work for Sanders’ father, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, and ran his political action committee HucKPAC.

Gidley has also worked on the campaigns of former Republican Sen. Elizabeth Dole, N.C., and David Beasley, S.C., and was top spokesman for Rick Santorum’s 2012 presidential campaign.

By most accounts, Trump himself has an excellent relationship with Gidley.

There was also talk of the President reaching out to a high-powered media figure such as Laura Ingraham of Fox News or former State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert (who reportedly wanted Sanders’ job last year when speculation about her departure was ripe).

David Martosko, U.S. political editor of the DailyMail.com and former executive editor of the Daily Caller, has also been mentioned. Martosko was reportedly sounded out for the job in 2017 after the exodus of Trump’s first press secretary, Sean Spicer.

But few in the White House press corps believe that anyone in a major media job would relinquish it to work in the White House — where the press secretary’s exposure and briefing have been recently limited.

Sources close to Sanders told Newsmax that she enjoyed the daily spirited and frequently contentious give-and-take with reporters at the White House and was disappointed when they were suspended in March.

Trump himself reportedly ordered the end of the daily briefings and considered his own question-and-answer time outside the Marine One helicopter before departing the White House as his “press conference.”

In announcing Sanders’ departure at the end of the month, the President praised her as “a very special person with extraordinary talents” and voiced his hope she would run for her father’s old job as governor of Arkansas.

Sanders will be moving back to the Razorback State at the end of the month, Trump also tweeted.

https://www.newsmax.com/us/sanders-white-house-press-secretary-trump/2019/06/13/id/920292/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #294 on: June 14, 2019, 03:44:16 PM »

Are you serious?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #295 on: June 14, 2019, 03:52:31 PM »
Are you serious?

As a heart attack. 

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #296 on: June 17, 2019, 09:41:46 PM »

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #297 on: June 17, 2019, 10:03:35 PM »
Would absolutely love if Milo, Ben Shapiro or Jordan Petersen were press secretary

Bring on the popcorn

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #298 on: June 18, 2019, 10:09:02 AM »

Who Will Replace Sarah Sanders as White House Press Secretary?
White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders takes questions during a briefing at the James Brady Press Briefing Room (Alex Wong/Getty Images)
By John Gizzi    |   Thursday, 13 June 2019

“Completely unexpected,” “Stunning,” “Out of the blue,” were just some of the expressions used by fellow White House correspondents following the President’s tweet late Thursday afternoon that Sarah Sanders would soon be stepping down as White House press secretary.

Moments after the surprise news set in, speculation on a successor began to take off in the White House Briefing Room — which has been unused since Sanders’ last briefing nearly three months ago (March 12).

Early betting among White House correspondents was on Hogan Gidley, Sanders’ principal deputy press secretary and fellow Arkansas native. Gidley did media work for Sanders’ father, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, and ran his political action committee HucKPAC.

Gidley has also worked on the campaigns of former Republican Sen. Elizabeth Dole, N.C., and David Beasley, S.C., and was top spokesman for Rick Santorum’s 2012 presidential campaign.

By most accounts, Trump himself has an excellent relationship with Gidley.

There was also talk of the President reaching out to a high-powered media figure such as Laura Ingraham of Fox News or former State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert (who reportedly wanted Sanders’ job last year when speculation about her departure was ripe).

David Martosko, U.S. political editor of the DailyMail.com and former executive editor of the Daily Caller, has also been mentioned. Martosko was reportedly sounded out for the job in 2017 after the exodus of Trump’s first press secretary, Sean Spicer.

But few in the White House press corps believe that anyone in a major media job would relinquish it to work in the White House — where the press secretary’s exposure and briefing have been recently limited.

Sources close to Sanders told Newsmax that she enjoyed the daily spirited and frequently contentious give-and-take with reporters at the White House and was disappointed when they were suspended in March.

Trump himself reportedly ordered the end of the daily briefings and considered his own question-and-answer time outside the Marine One helicopter before departing the White House as his “press conference.”

In announcing Sanders’ departure at the end of the month, the President praised her as “a very special person with extraordinary talents” and voiced his hope she would run for her father’s old job as governor of Arkansas.

Sanders will be moving back to the Razorback State at the end of the month, Trump also tweeted.

https://www.newsmax.com/us/sanders-white-house-press-secretary-trump/2019/06/13/id/920292/

If the job description was lying, stonewalling and being bitchy, I give her 5 stars, otherwise, she was possibly the worst Press Secretary in history behind Sean Spicer

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #299 on: June 18, 2019, 10:58:06 AM »
If the job description was lying, stonewalling and being bitchy, I give her 5 stars, otherwise, she was possibly the worst Press Secretary in history behind Sean Spicer

what lies ??
K