Author Topic: Richard Dawkins Calls O'Reilly Dumbass.  (Read 45254 times)

suckmymuscle

Richard Dawkins Calls O'Reilly Dumbass.
« on: October 16, 2011, 02:29:44 PM »
  After several debates on FOX where Dawkins was very polite, courteous and logical and O'Reilly yelled and cursed at him every time, Dawkins finally got fed up and called O'Reilly unintelligent and said that the only way to have a productive debate with theists is to put on the other side theists who base their arguments for God on evidence and logical arguments rather than emotion and appeal to morality. And make no mistake about this: Dawkins is far intellectually superior to O'Reilly. Not even in the same league. Besides being an Oxford professor who occupies the same chair that belonged to Charles Darwin, Dawkins was a brilliant youth who considered studying physics and was taking calculus at age 11.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Richard Dawkins Calls O'Reilly Dumbass.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 02:31:49 PM »
Dawkins should not even debate O'reilly. Oreilly is a total moron and totally get destroyed whenever he tries to debate someone like Dawkins.
X

suckmymuscle

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 02:38:01 PM »
Dawkins should not even debate O'reilly. Oreilly is a total moron and totally get destroyed whenever he tries to debate someone like Dawkins.

I should post videos of all the many times O'Reilly got stomped by Dawkins, but it is really not worth it. It is like watching an adult talking down to and educating a child. Just ridiculous intellectual domination the likes of which we never see.

People will say that Dawkins is a jackass for calling O'Reilly dumb and claiming to be smarter. Nothing could be further from the truth. Dawkins is a very polite man, very humble and never brags about anything. But O'Reilly really pushed him over the edge. He insulted Dawkins, made arguments appealing to morality and tried to pass them as loigical arguments, made funny faces ridiculing Dawkins when he made the ridiculous argument that, because science doesen't have an answer for everything, that this makes the argument for God vallid - as if the lack of scientific explanations for some phenomena means that fairy tales are real, rather than just science hasn't filled in the gaps yet. Etc.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 02:41:28 PM »
  I should post videos of all the many times O'Reilly got stomped by Dawkins, but it is really not worth it. It is like watching an adult talking down to and educating a child. Just ridiculous intellectual domination the likes of which we never see.

People will say that Dawkins is a jackass for calling O'Reilly dumb and claiming to be smarter. Nothing could be further from the truth. Dawkins is a very polite man, very humble and never brags about anything. But O'Reilly really pushed him over the edge. He insulted Dawkins, made arguments appealing to morality and tried to pass them as loigical arguments, made funny faces ridiculing Dawkins when he made the ridiculous argument that, because science doesen't have an answer for everything, that this makes the argument for God vallid - as if the lack of scientific explanations for some phenomena means that fairy tales are real, rather than just science hasn't filled in the gaps yet. Etc.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Its called "The God of the Gaps" Whenever there is a gap in scientific understanding, theists will insert God as the answer. Thus, if science can't explain something, it must have been Gods doing. I really hate that argument (that science can't prove everything). Science never claimed to be able to prove EVERYTHING. I don't think you will ever hear a scientist say that.  And if a scientist did say that, Id be very skeptical about him as a researcher and scholar.
X

suckmymuscle

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 02:51:50 PM »
Its called "The God of the Gaps" Whenever there is a gap in scientific understanding, theists will insert God as the answer. Thus, if science can't explain something, it must have been Gods doing. I really hate that argument (that science can't prove everything). Science never claimed to be able to prove EVERYTHING. I don't think you will ever hear a scientist say that.  And if a scientist did say that, Id be very skeptical about him as a researcher and scholar.

"The scientist's quest is a tragic one: to climb the highest peaks, until the highest of them all, only to find the religious mystic at the top of it."

I read this quote from some famous scientist. I will try to discover from who it is.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 02:54:18 PM »

Science can't prove everything because we don't understand everything.  If we did, I believe science would be able to prove it all...Let the simple people have their gods...It's good for them...It keeps things in order for the most part.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 02:56:00 PM »
Science can't prove everything because we don't understand everything.  If we did, I believe science would be able to prove it all...Let the simple people have their gods...It's good for them...It keeps things in order for the most part.

I know, I totally agree that science cant prove everything. The problem is that people will forgo science because they insert God as the answer and leave well enough alone. This holds back scientific progression when you have theists inserting God as the answer into everything.
X

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 02:56:34 PM »

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 02:58:10 PM »

The only fuckface I hate worse the Oreilly is Hannity...

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 02:58:44 PM »
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
X

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2011, 03:03:40 PM »
What I'm saying is science, CAN prove everything.  We don't have an understanding of the science yet.  It's just waiting to be found or unearthed...You are correct.  It's no different then thousands of years ago when the unexplained would be attributed to a supernatural power...That hasn't stopped science from progressing IMO although I see more for profit vs. in the name of science today.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2011, 03:06:14 PM »
What I'm saying is science, CAN prove everything.  We don't have an understanding of the science yet.  It's just waiting to be found or unearthed...You are correct.  It's no different then thousands of years ago when the unexplained would be attributed to a supernatural power...That hasn't stopped science from progressing IMO although I see more for profit vs. in the name of science today.

Good point, I agree.

Its actually more frustrating than anything, which is why I choose not debate theists any more.
X

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2011, 03:10:07 PM »
Dawkins is a superior being compared to O'Reilly, he shouldn't even honor O'Reilly with his presence nor time of day.

Milton + Chainsaw VS O'Reilly and Hannity.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2011, 03:12:57 PM »
richard dawkins is still alive?!

good for him...I loved him on "The Family Fued" and "Hogan's Heroes"

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2011, 03:12:57 PM »
Dawkins is a superior being compared to O'Reilly, he shouldn't even honor O'Reilly with his presence nor time of day.

Milton + Chainsaw VS O'Reilly and Hannity.

I would slit both of their throats on live television the moment they interrupted me....I don't like being interrupted and they interrupt...ALOT.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2011, 03:19:06 PM »
richard dawkins is still alive?!

good for him...I loved him on "The Family Fued" and "Hogan's Heroes"

Take your place upon my nutsack johnny. Lie there yearning for me to bestow my mighty blue steel upon the crevices of thine buttocks.

MikMaq

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2011, 03:19:31 PM »
  After several debates on FOX where Dawkins was very polite, courteous and logical and O'Reilly yelled and cursed at him every time, Dawkins finally got fed up and called O'Reilly unintelligent and said that the only way to have a productive debate with theists is to put on the other side theists who base their arguments for God on evidence and logical arguments rather than emotion and appeal to morality. And make no mistake about this: Dawkins is far intellectually superior to O'Reilly. Not even in the same league. Besides being an Oxford professor who occupies the same chair that belonged to Charles Darwin, Dawkins was a brilliant youth who considered studying physics and was taking calculus at age 11.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
He's the world's most annoying troll, and coming from me that says alot.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2011, 03:20:29 PM »
Take your place upon my nutsack johnny. Lie there yearning for me to bestow my mighty blue steel upon the crevices of thine buttocks.

shut up, Latrell Lamar

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2011, 03:22:44 PM »

shut up, Latrell Lamar

You have the mind and the body of a bottom.
Just come out and get it over the only person that doesn't know youre gay is you...

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2011, 03:24:39 PM »

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2011, 03:29:00 PM »
pw3nd

ps..you' are a black

Just come out and get it over the only person that doesn't know youre gay is you...
I know, and I love it...being black great these days. :D
Does your mother know your gay?  Yes or No... ;D

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2011, 03:32:39 PM »

Did O'Reilly really say that?

There is a reason for the Moon and the Sun...
all drugs - TPPIIP

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2011, 03:34:34 PM »
I know, and I love it...being black great these days. :D
Does your mother know your gay?  Yes or No... ;D

no she doesn't

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2011, 03:35:53 PM »
Did O'Reilly really say that?

There is a reason for the Moon and the Sun...