Author Topic: Best form of cardio  (Read 7007 times)

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
Re: Best form of cardio
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2019, 02:05:42 PM »
 ;D thanks guys, got a few good laughs and some great suggestions.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2019, 02:32:15 PM »
Jog on the sandy beach , like mighty American marines  8)
or just be Pro Beach Bum  ;)

Gironda cardio was long bike riding !.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2019, 08:47:37 PM »
;D thanks guys, got a few good laughs and some great suggestions.

https://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/04/27/1-minute-of-all-out-exercise-may-equal-45-minutes-of-moderate-exertion/

Cardio only needs to be done 2-3 times a week for 10-20 minutes to have a pronounced effect on health. 

As for weight loss, it’s all diet. I currently race bicycles and ride 6-10 hours a week. I can guarantee that if you eat a lot you can get fat doing that. The leanest I ever got was completely from calorie restriction.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2019, 03:49:25 AM »

https://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/04/27/1-minute-of-all-out-exercise-may-equal-45-minutes-of-moderate-exertion/

Cardio only needs to be done 2-3 times a week for 10-20 minutes to have a pronounced effect on health.  

As for weight loss, it’s all diet. I currently race bicycles and ride 6-10 hours a week. I can guarantee that if you eat a lot you can get fat doing that. The leanest I ever got was completely from calorie restriction.

Funny about bike enthusiasts in that I have seen many guys who put in many hours a week and they are fat. I guess they are just recreational riders and don't compete in bike races. Never seen a person running under 21 minute charity 5K road race that is fat.

When I lived in a city the leanest guys were the ones running with a television on their shoulder at night.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2019, 04:26:00 AM »
Mall Walking is the best.

Plus you can meet hot chicks.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2019, 04:26:53 AM »
Funny about bike enthusiasts in that I have seen many guys who put in many hours a week and they are fat. I guess they are just recreational riders and don't compete in bike races. Never seen a person running under 21 minute charity 5K road race that is fat.

When I lived in a city the leanest guys were the ones running with a television on their shoulder at night.

;D

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2019, 04:37:06 AM »
Jog on the sandy beach , like mighty American marines  8)
or just be Pro Beach Bum  ;)

Gironda cardio was long bike riding !.

Gironda was a runner too despite him talking against it. I have an article in an old Ironman where he said he go close to a 2 minute half mile. I forgot the exact time he stated.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2019, 05:13:48 AM »
See my thread on jumping
A

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2019, 06:44:56 AM »

Yeah- lots of recreational cyclists are not lean at all. No surprise because after a ride they go pig out 😁 That being said, a sub 21 min 5K runner is about equal to a sub 25 min 10 mile cyclist- and you will find at that level and above they are equally lean. There are lots of fat 5 K runners out there too.

I trained a few times in the early season last year with a world class pro cyclist from Denmark. He was on a very strict diet to get super lean- even though he was riding about 20 hours (300+ miles!) a week!

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2019, 06:50:53 AM »
Yeah- lots of recreational cyclists are not lean at all. No surprise because after a ride they go pig out 😁 That being said, a sub 21 min 5K runner is about equal to a sub 25 min 10 mile cyclist- and you will find at that level and above they are equally lean. There are lots of fat 5 K runners out there too.

I trained a few times in the early season last year with a world class pro cyclist from Denmark. He was on a very strict diet to get super lean- even though he was riding about 20 hours (300+ miles!) a week!

True there are fat people at 5 K road races. That's why I threw in under 21 minutes. On a side note some incredible chicks that finish around that time. True it's not if you cycle or run. It's how hard you do it.

I once cycled 500 miles in a week. I'm not a racer and not even a good bike guy. It was a massive tour that Iowa has every year. About 10K people who ride bikes take on the challenge. It was 90 every day and we slept in tents at night. Had trouble walking after that week.