Author Topic: Thursday's Iraq news  (Read 6434 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Thursday's Iraq news
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2007, 11:39:52 AM »
kerry ran against bush in 2004.

he won.  but then the republican owned diebold election machines fudged the election results.

repubs sued to keep the voted form being recounted. :)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2007, 11:40:36 AM »
http://drudgereport.com/ gives a nice morning mix of world news.

so does the BBC and the internet

ta
with love
Linda

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2007, 11:43:29 AM »

he won.  but then the republican owned diebold election machines fudged the election results.

right, i forgot about that, it all happens so fast.
That was the Florida re-count thing and it ended up that Bush got in illegally or something.
I'm sure there was some reason I blocked that one out of my memory...

ta
so that means Kerry is coming back?  I love K names, they're special, I dislike B's

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2007, 11:46:14 AM »
kerry can't run cause he said something along the lines of "if you dont do good in school, you end up more likely to enroll in the military"

which while statistically may be true, people don't wanna hear it.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2007, 11:49:31 AM »
Wait.

Politicians aren't to blame for their actions - only those who elected them?

So if I hire a guy to clean my pool and he robs the house - do I blame myself for hiring him?

that's the thing about Iraq story, here in England.  It's all bigger than us.  It's not just the guy you hire or the man you voted for.

gotta watch the news, I think we might be retreating.
xL

I'm waiting for the second coming (I think God should show up around now) with mad love, xL

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2007, 12:01:07 PM »
kerry can't run cause he said something along the lines of "if you dont do good in school, you end up more likely to enroll in the military"

which while statistically may be true, people don't wanna hear it.

Had he said what you quoted, he wouldn't have caught so much flack, but he said "If you don't do well in school, you get stuck in Iraq."

There a difference between the two. The former is a statement about a statistic. The latter is a sweeping generalization about people in the military.

There's a reason he lost an election that he should've won easily.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2007, 01:31:33 PM »
mm69 either has to admit his President's service is less honorable than Kerry's, or he has to admit he doesnt' see desertion as dishonorable.

My guess is, his ego cant handle either and he'll challenge the commonly known fact that Bush dissappeared from service.

It was never proved that Bush was AWOL. I like debating but when you guys don't read an entire post it gets old. I said to Ribo, I admire Kerry's service not his action after his return. Guess cardio missed that. The fact that Bush was state side during the war shouldn't be held against him. There is never a time when 100% of the military enters the AOR during a war.
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2007, 01:35:57 PM »
It was never proved that Bush was AWOL. I like debating but when you guys don't read an entire post it gets old. I said to Ribo, I admire Kerry's service not his action after his return. Guess cardio missed that. The fact that Bush was state side during the war shouldn't be held against him. There is never a time when 100% of the military enters the AOR during a war.

IF it was proven that Bush went awol -

would you admit Bush's service was less honorable than kerry's?

I believe it was proven to the point where the White house just said "we can't find anythign" and left it at that.  I'm sure Ribo can fill us in on the actual ending.   BTW military - do you really believe bush wasn't awol?  LOL... some people here will back the most unrealistic points because "it's their guy!"

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2007, 01:44:12 PM »
IF it was proven that Bush went awol -

would you admit Bush's service was less honorable than kerry's?

I believe it was proven to the point where the White house just said "we can't find anythign" and left it at that.  I'm sure Ribo can fill us in on the actual ending.   BTW military - do you really believe bush wasn't awol?  LOL... some people here will back the most unrealistic points because "it's their guy!"

I don't know if he was AWOL or not, never paid attention. Isn't that what the Dan Rather forged documents tried to say and were proven false? Not sure. As far as Bush compared to Kerry, I would give both less than passing grade but yes kerry slightly higher
gotta love life

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2007, 02:48:50 PM »
The fact that Bush was state side during the war shouldn't be held against him.

Not even if his family pulled strings to get him that slot? The deprivation of which might have caused some other guy to get assigned to the field and KIA?

As to whether it was proved he went AWOL: are we using the same standard of "proof" that the right applied to the Whitewater accusations? Or the theory that Vince Foster was murdered?  :)

FWIW, here's the Boston Globe - "left-wing rag", no doubt - saying that the records released by the White House to demonstrate that W met his military obligations do nothing of the kind.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2004/09/08/bush_fell_short_on_duty_at_guard/

Money quote...

[Retired Army Colonel Gerald A.] Lechliter said the records push him to conclude that Bush had little interest in fulfilling his obligation, and his superiors preferred to look the other way. Others agree. ''It appears that no one wanted to hold him accountable," said retired Major General Paul A. Weaver Jr., who retired in 2002 as the Pentagon's director of the Air National Guard.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2007, 02:50:22 PM »

he won.  but then the republican owned diebold election machines fudged the election results.

Oh god.
Thread Killer

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2007, 02:58:26 PM »
I'll kill your thread, if I may?

Iran has given their final answer.  On the BBC news, during the last 30 minutes, it has been announced that they will meet in London.  Talks on Monday.

ok?  Is it Friday yet?  can we discuss tomorrows news?

x
x
x

US, UK, France, Russia, China they're saying 6 countries.  Can't keep up

oh fuck, at first i thought that that was a great thing and that they should all get together and chat.  UN and all.

But then I realised I'd better not go anywhere next week in case they decide to bomb London again...

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2007, 03:08:47 PM »
Iran has given their final answer.  On the BBC news, during the last 30 minutes, it has been announced that they will meet in London.  Talks on Monday.

???

From a look at the BBC News web page a minute ago...

Iran has rejected UN calls to stop uranium enrichment as "unacceptable", after a report said it had missed a deadline to suspend its activities.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6388143.stm

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2007, 03:12:56 PM »
Prince Harry wants to go with the Reds & Blues into Iraq.  fine.

and Chris Eubank, former boxer, just got arrested for driving a van down Whitehall displaying anti-war slogans.

xL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2007, 03:23:05 PM »
???

From a look at the BBC News web page a minute ago...

Iran has rejected UN calls to stop uranium enrichment as "unacceptable", after a report said it had missed a deadline to suspend its activities.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6388143.stm

do you get the BBC headlines at the same time as I do?  I doubt it.  I think they called a final ultimatum and...

haven't got time to see what they're saying in america or ali-news.
good night
xL

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2007, 03:28:03 PM »
iran is going to get invaded, there shouldn't be any doubt.

Pointless to debate it.  It's gonna happen.  This is playing out precisely as Iraq did.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2007, 03:29:32 PM »

Was that post in this thread? I can't seem to find one of your posts to Ribo that says you admire Kerry's service. I can however find the one where you call Kerry "paper cut Kerry" and say that Kerry's service record is essentially no better than our current President's.

This is the closest thing I can find but it doesn't say anything close to you admiring Kerry's service.

Not big on Kerry's actions following his service in Vietnam.

As far as Bush? noone to blame but the people that voted him into power as my boss

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2007, 03:30:31 PM »

Pointless to debate it.  It's gonna happen.  This is playing out precisely as Iraq did.

I need to know, don't wanna debate it...

By whom?

xL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2007, 03:33:05 PM »

This won't, I'm sorry, "play out" as Iraq did.

the UK pulled out yesterday, remember?

They're sending in the young Prince and his regiment (so they say, to Iraq.

It's a formality.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2007, 03:33:09 PM »
By a coalition.

It will be the US sending 20,000 men, plus 50 to 100 men from ten scrub nations.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2007, 03:35:18 PM »
By a coalition.

It will be the US sending 20,000 men, plus 50 to 100 men from ten scrub nations.

go for it, those Persians are mental and have been since before history.
have fun
love you, mean it
xL

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2007, 06:05:01 AM »
By a coalition.

240 I honestly don't think we will invade Iran. Not that we don't want to. But I don't see it. If it were to happen the Dem congress would have to approve right? Do you think they would? I see Israel acting before we do.... thoughts?
gotta love life

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2007, 06:28:16 AM »
I dislike B's

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo!  :o
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2007, 08:00:52 AM »
240 I honestly don't think we will invade Iran. Not that we don't want to. But I don't see it. If it were to happen the Dem congress would have to approve right? Do you think they would? I see Israel acting before we do.... thoughts?

Are you saying Bush needs congressional approval bafore invading Iran?

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2007, 08:33:11 AM »
Are you saying Bush needs congressional approval bafore invading Iran?

I know where you are trying to lead me, bush did have approval for Iraq. I don't look at it so much as you put it but rather I see it that in his final days he won't want a new target on the GOP back for the Dems to shoot at. So unless the Dems decide we need to go, I don't think we will. And the Dems won't, even if it is the right thing to do because all they care about is staying in power, not making the tough decision. Dems won't do dick unless the polls say they should
gotta love life