Author Topic: Is Obama a practicing, believing Christian?  (Read 3341 times)

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
Re: Is Obama a practicing, believing Christian?
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2008, 07:17:12 AM »

Assuming that by some chance, there is a dinosaur hanging out in some remote corner of the planet, how exactly does that prove that the world is less than 10,000 years old?

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2008, 07:19:53 AM »
Assuming that by some chance, there is a dinosaur hanging out in some remote corner of the planet, how exactly does that prove that the world is less than 10,000 years old?

...it doesn't. Such a creatures DNA could be compared to newly recovered dinosaur genomes to prove the length of time between the Jurassic and today.

Not that Jeebus freaks would listen... they discount the libraries worth of other data confirming the timeline.

The Luke

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2008, 07:22:20 AM »
And, as usual, you can't answer basic questions, without rambling to make yourself sound smarter than you actually are.

You've yet to explain why these high-IQ-loaded Dems have elected a whopping TWO presidents in 40 years, why a significant chunk of Kerry voters didn't have high-school diplomas, or why Obama is floundering and may end up blowing this election.

Try that on for size and spare us all your long-winded posturing.

...succinctly:

Morons have more kids. Creationists (a moron subspecies) have more kids.

Just look at Palins family... 5 kids and one of the kids is pregnant.

The Luke

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2008, 07:23:08 AM »
dude so wheres the fire?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2008, 07:34:48 AM »
...succinctly:

Morons have more kids. Creationists (a moron subspecies) have more kids.

Just look at Palins family... 5 kids and one of the kids is pregnant.

The Luke

And that makes the Palins "morons" how?

Obama (the guy you're recommending) doesn't believe in Creation?

Boy, are you grasping for straws. But, it's the usual "we're smart; they're stupid" routine, which left-winged folk love to trumpet, especially after they lose elections.

Of course, there's my thread of the creationists who run a stem-cell research company, to counter your pathetic claims. But, that's another issue.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2008, 07:39:47 AM »
Oooh, creations run a stem-cell co. ::)  How awesome!  Let me guess, they only use umbilical chord blood or some shit like that and are so far off the cutting edge, nobody but the great MCWAy knows who the fuck they are.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2008, 07:52:51 AM »
Oooh, creations run a stem-cell co. ::)  How awesome!  Let me guess, they only use umbilical chord blood or some shit like that and are so far off the cutting edge, nobody but the great MCWAy knows who the fuck they are.

You guess wrong, O belligerent one. I posted the thread a few days ago. Once, you've had your nap and graham crackers, you can check it out for yourself.

www.answersingenesis.org/articles/am/v2/n1/babytooth

http://www.pnas.org/content/100/10/5807.full

Of course, I mentioned that to refute Luke's wacky claim about creationists, which was the point

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2008, 08:33:54 AM »
McWAY,

You are a self confessed Christian Fundamentalist Creationist who by his own admission TWICE voted for a dim-witted washed up cocaine addict to be the worst president in American history.

America is just shy of $10 TRILLION in debt: that's $10,000,000,000,000!

A devout, born-again Christian Creationist did that with the support (and complicity) of other simple-minded devout Christian Creationists who voted for him.

You and ilk have NO CREDIBILITY on this board.

The Luke

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2008, 08:58:12 AM »
McWAY,

You are a self confessed Christian Fundamentalist Creationist who by his own admission TWICE voted for a dim-witted washed up cocaine addict to be the worst president in American history.

America is just shy of $10 TRILLION in debt: that's $10,000,000,000,000!

A devout, born-again Christian Creationist did that with the support (and complicity) of other simple-minded devout Christian Creationists who voted for him.

You and ilk have NO CREDIBILITY on this board.

The Luke

That’s because all those Democrats, with the allegedly 95+ IQs couldn’t produce a better candidate for whom to vote.

Please explain why these brilliant Democrats couldn't produce a winning candidate (and try something original, other than than the tired "they're just dumb" routine).

Then, there's the matter of one Jimmy Carter, over whom you conveniently glossed. Why did Reagan BEAT HIM LIKE HE STOLE SOMETHING in 1980?

Two Democratic presidents in four decades (only one of whom got re-elected, whose successor LOST to the so-called "dim-witted washed up cocaine addict")....deal with that and come with a response, that didn't originate from middle school.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2008, 09:00:34 AM »
McWay, dont expect miracles. Expect school-yard insults and amateurish arguments with imaginary numbers, conspiracy theories and self serving rhetoric.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2008, 09:14:52 AM »
I have never claimed that the intelligent were in the majority in the US.

The trend of elections in the US:
2000 ...picking a washed-up cocaine addict retard over the guy who invented the internet
2004 ...picking a the draft dodging deserter worst president ever over a war hero
2008 ...picking an out-of-touch Dubya-suck-up with a Jeebus freak VP over a Harvard Law Professor

...says more about the STUPIDITY of the electorate than any argument I could make.

The fact remains: YOU GUYS TWICE VOTED FOR THE WORST PRESIDENT IN US HISTORY!

You suck... the Democrats losing to these assholes doesn't prove they suck worse, it proves that the dumb outnumber the smart.

The Luke

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2008, 09:19:20 AM »
That’s because all those Democrats, with the allegedly 95+ IQs couldn’t produce a better candidate for whom to vote.

Please explain why these brilliant Democrats couldn't produce a winning candidate (and try something original, other than than the tired "they're just dumb" routine).

Then, there's the matter of one Jimmy Carter, over whom you conveniently glossed. Why did Reagan BEAT HIM LIKE HE STOLE SOMETHING in 1980?

Two Democratic presidents in four decades (only one of whom got re-elected, whose successor LOST to the so-called "dim-witted washed up cocaine addict")....deal with that and come with a response, that didn't originate from middle school.
Reagan told the public what it wanted to hear:  There is no energy problem.  The american public should never have to sacrifice a thing for the common good.  Live like today might be your last and spend spend spend.

The american voter likes to be flattered and told that living a selfish life of acquisitive success is really in the best interest of the country.

That mentality is not intelligent.

Mourning in America.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2008, 09:43:00 AM »
I have never claimed that the intelligent were in the majority in the US.

The trend of elections in the US:
2000 ...picking a washed-up cocaine addict retard over the guy who invented the internet
2004 ...picking a the draft dodging deserter worst president ever over a war hero
2008 ...picking an out-of-touch Dubya-suck-up with a Jeebus freak VP over a Harvard Law Professor

...says more about the STUPIDITY of the electorate than any argument I could make.

The fact remains: YOU GUYS TWICE VOTED FOR THE WORST PRESIDENT IN US HISTORY!

You suck... the Democrats losing to these assholes doesn't prove they suck worse, it proves that the dumb outnumber the smart.

The Luke

You believe Gore invented the internet? <<<pause for hysterical laughter>>>

Bush wasn't drafted; he was already in the military as part of the Texas National Guard.

If you want war heroes, that honor would go to the current GOP presidental candidate, whose service to this country is well-documented and respected.

And you’re STILL dancing around the fact that Obama, whom you claim is the “smart” choice, is a professed CHRISTIAN (a “Jeebus freak”, as you so ridiculously state).

Make up your mind here. Is Obama smart, because he was a Harvard law professor, or is he a "moron" because he's a Christian (who perhaps believes in Creation)?

McWay, dont expect miracles. Expect school-yard insults and amateurish arguments with imaginary numbers, conspiracy theories and self serving rhetoric.

George, what can I say? When you're right, you're right!!! ;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2008, 10:04:30 AM »

This falls right in line with the whole "you don't know what's good for you, WE know what's good for you" rhetoric that the left tries to push.

The truth is, this should be a slam dunk election for the Democrats and they've picked the one candidate who just might lose it, when they had almost a sure winner sitting right next him.

The Democrats are just really, really bad at politics, and continue to be their own worst enemy.  Rational people on the Democratic side realize this.
Y

PTB

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2008, 10:08:19 AM »
Amazing why this question continually comes up.
I can only think of one reason:
1.) Because his name is Barack Hussein Obama

If his hame was Barry Osteen, it wouldn't be an issue.  It's amazing how so many people believe
that you're not a Christian unless your name is James, Peter, John, or Matthew - as if these were
the actual names of these people in the bible to begin with.  Christianity in the west unfortunately
has become Anglicanized, and some simply can't see someone with a name like his being a Christian,
and being president.

Few presidents in the past - outside of JFK had to "defend" their faith to the level Barack, and for that
matter, Mitt Romney have.  Whether these former presidents were "devout" or practicing really didn't matter.
Most of these presidents have issues in their private lives that would question whether their faith was genuine - either in their executive decisions, or affiars, or whatever.

And in Republican camps, as long you answer a few questions in the affirmative - e.g. abortion, guns, homosexuality, etc., that's all their faith seems to boil down to.

John McCain has done some pretty "un-Christian" things in his life, which he has never come full mea-culpa on.  I found it interesting in the interview with Rick Warren, when asked what his greatest moral failing was, he said the failure of his first marriage.  Note he did not say that he cheated on his wife multiple times, and started seeing his current wife while still married to his first wife.

If people want to question whether Barack is a true Christian based on his words, values, and voting record, perhaps that's fair, but then again, if you go by the Christian requirements of faith - that you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart that Jesus is Lord, and that Jesus died and was buried, and was born again, that you will be saved - i.e., you become a Christian (Romans 10:9 - 10), who can truly judge then?   He's obviously confessed with his mouth. Who has access to his heart?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2008, 10:18:01 AM »
This falls right in line with the whole "you don't know what's good for you, WE know what's good for you" rhetoric that the left tries to push.

The truth is, this should be a slam dunk election for the Democrats and they've picked the one candidate who just might lose it, when they had almost a sure winner sitting right next him.

The Democrats are just really, really bad at politics, and continue to be their own worst enemy.  Rational people on the Democratic side realize this.

That’s also a tenet of some folks on the left: It’s never their fault, when they lose or screw up.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2008, 10:39:18 AM »
you do realize that a woolly mammoth is not in any way related to dinosaurs?  That a mammal was around in the age of mammals is hardly surprising.

Yeah, that is why I included the supposed Dinos running around the Congo forests...

But the Dwarf Woolly Mammoth died out about 4,000 yrs ago, which does f up Palin's timeline...I wish T-rex was around now, obese and ignorant people like Palin would be extinct.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2008, 11:01:51 AM »
Sorry your thread got over taken by a couple of twerps, Beach. 
Good topic.  These same people that think this is a stupid subject are the same ones that will discuss on 5 different threads how Palin once got a parking ticket.  -for those that don't understand satire, read again.

No, Obama is not a practicing christain.  His views on abortion and his votes on the BAIPA support that.
Here some video below that explains this abortion view and his ignorance of the Bible.

It's okay mang.  It's only a message board.  Some people have a bit too much invested in this thing.  It's like you're taking their rent money or something.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2008, 11:02:42 AM »

as the US economy IMPLODES all you neocons talk about is religion.

you're NO DIFFERENT than the religious fanatic's in the Middle East.

NT

What?  lol.  Why you would make such a blatantly false statement is beyond me.  You're smarter than this NT. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2008, 11:04:10 AM »
Beach Bum why is the christian question relevant to Obama?

If I didn't know better, I'd think you wanted some sort of religious litmus test for the office of president.

Look at my first post in this thread.  Obama made his faith a central part of his campaign. 

No, I don't believe we should amend the Constitution to have a religious test for the office of president. 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2008, 11:37:39 AM »
Look at my first post in this thread.  Obama made his faith a central part of his campaign. 

No, I don't believe we should amend the Constitution to have a religious test for the office of president. 
My error.  It's too bad that he has to play to the religious crowd to get a secular elected position.

Just another indication of the mixed up values and thinking that's rampant in the US.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2008, 07:28:16 PM »

blatantly false you say ? i don't think so BB. the party's been taken over by radical Christians, who think much like their muslim counterparts.

i'm a practicing catholic and see it all the time. I'm just being honest.

NT

NT there is no one on the politics board who only talks about religion.  But it is an issue.  The candidates make it an issue.  The voters care.  It's a legit subject.   

Comparing people who talk about religion or "neocons" with Islamic extremists (the 911 attackers were Islamic extremists) is really an overstatement.  They're not in the same universe. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2013, 01:54:35 PM »
McWay,

You are uninformed.

America is suffering the effects of both chronic dysgenia and a chronic IQ deficit.

I don't know if it's mercury in the food, or food additives or what... but you're about a hundred years away from Morlocks and Eloi.

The Luke

I am a fan of "The Luke" but differ with him in that I think the problem with MCWAY is too much brawndo.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2013, 01:57:41 PM »
Damn,  I had forgotten about The Luke, Calmus and Decker