Author Topic: WrestleMania Results & Discussion:  (Read 26802 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Road to WrestleMania:
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2010, 04:39:12 AM »
Legacy needs a match some place as well as CM Punk. What about Rey Rey?
I also forgot to mention:

Orton vs Sheamus....not sure what they'll do with Legacy and Ray will probably be in the money in the bank match.

mikediesel

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2010, 11:08:14 AM »
I also forgot to mention:

Orton vs Sheamus....not sure what they'll do with Legacy and Ray will probably be in the money in the bank match.

Rumor is there wont be a MITB match this Wrestlemania since WWE is going to have an all MITB PPV coming soon

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2010, 05:45:48 PM »
I think we'll see the destruction of Legacy over the coming weeks, culminating with some kind of match at WM.  I don't want to see Sheamus in any kind of main event match either.  I can see him teaming up with Orton against Legacy at some point soon.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2010, 05:22:57 AM »
The updated WM26 card as per the leaks on the internet:

CONFIRMED MATCHES:

* Money In The Bank Ladder Match: Christian vs…?
* Career vs. Streak: Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker
* WWE Title Match: Batista © vs. John Cena
* World Title Match: Chris Jericho © vs. Edge

RUMORED MATCHES:

* Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon (Street Fight)
* Triple H vs. Sheamus
* Randy Orton vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Ted Dibiase (Fathers Of All Three Men In Their Corners)
* Divas Match

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2010, 12:00:54 PM »
Hey we all know HBK is one of Chef Timmys favorites. But this match at Mania is for history and HBKs legacy. No way he's gonna beat the streak. He's gonna set the standard though yet again. Mr. Wrestlemania Shawn Michaels is going to give us the best match of his career then retire. But stay retired? No chance of that one happening. I cannot wait for this one!
It will be a tough one to call. If the streak ends, it will tarnish the Undertaker and if Michaels looses, his career is done. Both stand to lose lots there. Personally from years of watching experience I can't see michaels loosing twice in a row. We could all be wrong and maybe something will happen with outside interference that will "hurt" both wrestlers as both are schedualed to take time off until Summerslam.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2010, 12:27:25 PM »
No way Undertaker would give up his streak to HBK. I love HBK. But honestly I'd rather see Undertaker retire with the streak in tact. Thats all he has. Shawns Legacy is already rock solid. It really doesn't matter if Shawn wins or looses. It's all about his performance. And he's gonna bring it that night. Both these guys are gonna give us the best match of their lives. Gonna be a great one!
I honestly thought HBK was gonna say on Raw last night, "Undertaker, I want you in your own playground. A buried alive match!" How great would that have been. A buried alive match between these two phenomenal stars on the biggest stage. Can you imagine? I am counting on a phenomenal match here, no doubt. I have to say though, I think HBK will do it. I can't see him loosing twice in a row unless there is some sort of outside interference that costs both men the match, thus keeping the streak and Michaels' career alive.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2010, 08:36:16 PM »
I really can't see Taker allowing Shawn to take the streak.  The biggest thing of his whole career, a record that will never be repeated, and he's gonna give it away to Michaels?  I'll be very disappointed if he does, cos I don't think Shawn deserves it.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2010, 09:00:57 PM »
It just doesn’t make any sense for HBK to beat him.
The time for Taker to lose at Mania is when it’s time to pass the torch like Andre did for Hogan…and that’s if he loses.

Shawn doesn’t need a “torch.” He’s not only highly established, but he’s nearing the end of his ring career.
Although, if Taker is near the end of his (as many are claiming), he may not really care about his character’s image beyond retirement.

It just doesn’t make sense for HBK to lose his fair well match anymore than it does for him to end Taker’s streak.
For that reason, I think we’ll see some interference – maybe from a “sharpshooter” waiting in the wings.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2010, 04:36:55 AM »
It will definately be an intresting angle to watch. That's for sure.

On a side note, Stu Hart will be the next hall of fame inductee next week. Also...funny as it may seem, despite the Ultimate Warrior's past history with the WWE and his attitude problem, the WWE was willing to induct him into the HOF this year. The ungrateful jackass refused.

Also, Sheamus suffered a concussion at the Elimination Chamber PPV which is why he wasn't on Raw. It was supposed to be Cena vs Sheamus with the winner facing Batista at WM but they had to change the plans last minute. You can expect a HHH vs Sheamus fued to start next week cultimating a match at WM.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2010, 07:45:50 AM »
Does Hellwig not realize that this makes him look like an even bigger ass?

It wouldn't surprise me if the old man ordered the offer made knowing there was a 99.99% probability that UW would refuse. Then Vince could say, "Hey, we offered the proverbial olive branch..."

Hellwig is always trying to sue Vince for money/wages, etc. and he's seldom successful.
It would probably be a lot easier if he followed Bret's lead - make amends and then make some $$ that way!
Then he wouldn’t be wasting all that time & money on court costs, attorney’s fees, etc. with little to show for it.

Look at Bret: he’s already had one successful DVD release, he’s got a temporary gig to make some extra (decent) ching, his old man is being inducted into the HOF, and there’s another video documentary in the works.

Basically, unless you’re Shane Douglas, Vince is willing to bury the hatchet with anyone.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2010, 08:33:40 AM »
Does Hellwig not realize that this makes him look like an even bigger ass?

It wouldn't surprise me if the old man ordered the offer made knowing there was a 99.99% probability that UW would refuse. Then Vince could say, "Hey, we offered the proverbial olive branch..."

Hellwig is always trying to sue Vince for money/wages, etc. and he's seldom successful.
It would probably be a lot easier if he followed Bret's lead - make amends and then make some $$ that way!
Then he wouldn’t be wasting all that time & money on court costs, attorney’s fees, etc. with little to show for it.

Look at Bret: he’s already had one successful DVD release, he’s got a temporary gig to make some extra (decent) ching, his old man is being inducted into the HOF, and there’s another video documentary in the works.

Basically, unless you’re Shane Douglas, Vince is willing to bury the hatchet with anyone.

WWE is silly to. You would have figured that they would have learned their lesson with this guy after they tried 3 times with him and gotten burned. They should sever all ties with this moron.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2010, 08:39:00 AM »
I suspect they may have done these last one or two moves out of spite.
Kind of like waving money in front of someone's face and taunting them with, "You know you'll never have THIS."

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2010, 08:51:15 AM »
I suspect they may have done these last one or two moves out of spite.
Kind of like waving money in front of someone's face and taunting them with, "You know you'll never have THIS."
What kills me is that if you watch the Ultimate Warrior "Self-destruction" dvd, not one person has anything good to say about this guy. Not one.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2010, 09:02:07 AM »
There again, had he agreed to collaborate on that project he could have come off looking better than he did.
His refusal probably influenced their decision to portray him with much greater negative bias.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2010, 11:27:08 AM »
You easily have the best posts here. Your point of view is always educating.

Thanks.

The blood of wrestling geeks (& a liberal arts degree) courses strongly through my veins.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2010, 12:05:10 PM »
You easily have the best posts here. Your point of view is always educating.
What am I? A mirage???

;D  ;D  ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2010, 04:41:45 AM »
Both Punk and Morrison lost their chances tonight for the magic brief case at Mania. I think these two guys are my favorites right now. But now these guys are out of it. Now who's gonna win the money in the bank match? Punk would have been perfect to win it again. Chef Timmy thinks that bald chick seriously looks frisky.
I just read off the net that Morrison is being geared for a heel turn soon.

Ya...Serena Deeb is one delicous cutie. She has that sensual look to her.

I have a funny feeling Christian will win the MITB match. He deserves it. He's paid his dues and WWE could do a lot more with him.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2010, 12:27:29 PM »
Morrison will be way better as a heel I think as well. He's a perfect shoe in for HBK. He's the future of the Federation in my eyes. As for Christian. He's already Main event status long ago. This guy has been going to waste.
Agree 100% on both counts. I would make Morrison heel and team him up with a dive valet.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2010, 02:31:00 PM »
Morrison is definitely a better heel.  He works better with the arrogant, cocky attitude he had when he was with Miz.  His mic work as a face doesn't work for me.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2010, 07:18:55 AM »
Morrison is definitely a better heel.  He works better with the arrogant, cocky attitude he had when he was with Miz.  His mic work as a face doesn't work for me.
I think he'd be a phenomenal heel. Have a heel diva accompany him much like Sherri did for HBK back in 1992 and it will work wonders.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2010, 11:48:29 AM »
He would be good but he wouldn't even come close to HBK's status.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2010, 06:56:58 AM »
Eric Bischoff was recently asked on his Facebook if he was following the Bret Hart vs. Mr. McMahon storyline and if he thought it is being done well.

The following is his quote:

"For what it is..yes. Allegedly WWE found out about a Lloyds of London policy that Bret had in effect AFTER setting up this match, and as a result Lloyds of London has to approve of the physical structure of the match. Can't confirm this, and perhaps WWE has "bought out" the problem, but if not..could be disappointing. Either way, I am looking forward to it and am happy for Bret. Going back to WWE in any capacity was the right thing for him to do at this stage of his life."

credit: wrestlezone.com

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2010, 01:52:18 PM »
this guy has all the potential in the World. He needs just the slightest push as a heel and a new persona. He's an incredible athlete with good looks. The Ravishing One and HBK combined.
Absolutely. His corkscrew jumps off the top rop are legendary.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2010, 06:58:08 AM »
Where they're going with Morrison and R-Truth at Mania is beyond me? Miz and Show are retaining. Hopefully Morrison goes heel. He definitely has the most potential on the entire WWE roster. God forbid he gets injured. I think this guy is one of the next big stars.

Sounds like you have an absolute man-crush on Morrison.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2010, 06:43:42 AM »
A little spoiler for the Hart vs Vince showdown at WM.

I've heard rumors that Steve Austin will be the special guest referee in the Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon match but I can't confirm them just yet. We'll see next week for sure.