Author Topic: Is Obama smarter than we think?  (Read 3308 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Is Obama smarter than we think?
« on: February 14, 2009, 02:13:18 PM »
Let's say 2010 rolls around and, lo and behold, things are a bit better. 

What if the economy recovers?

Unemployment is back down, jobs and spending are back, etc.

You know that - right or wrongly - Obama's stimulus package is going to get the credit.

And, if things don't improve - and we're still broke (or broker) in 2010 and 2012, there will be a LOT more poor folks - and poor folks tend to vote democrat.   

So does Obama have this thing locked down either way?  If the economy recovers, he gets the credit.  If things get worse, you just keep getting more ppl needing welfare, and a dem president.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Is Obama smarter than we think?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 02:31:20 PM »

You know that - right or wrongly - Obama's stimulus package is going to get the credit.

And, if things don't improve - and we're still broke (or broker) in 2010 and 2012, there will be a LOT more poor folks - and poor folks tend to vote democrat.   

So does Obama have this thing locked down either way?  If the economy recovers, he gets the credit.  If things get worse, you just keep getting more ppl needing welfare, and a dem president.
and sooner or later nobody will work and we will borrow against our future generations and then obamas utopia will be complete.  ::)

to early to tell many things to take into account, terrorist situation, middle east situation, russia situation, economy, etc...

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 02:37:36 PM »

OMG you are so in love with him that you are ready to swing off his nuts even if it all goes boom.
Wow....simply wow.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 04:15:54 PM »
Obama is a empty suit. The man does not know what he his doing.
h

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 04:19:56 PM »
No.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 04:55:43 PM »
So tell me.  How does he lose?

If economy improves, then the house repubs just made their "Iraq Vote part 2", and stood up against something that eventually worked.  Obama was right, they were wrong.

if economy worsens, you're telling me that millions of poor people are going to hand a republican their vote for the first time in their lives? 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 05:01:40 PM »
So tell me.  How does he lose?

If economy improves, then the house repubs just made their "Iraq Vote part 2", and stood up against something that eventually worked.  Obama was right, they were wrong.

if economy worsens, you're telling me that millions of poor people are going to hand a republican their vote for the first time in their lives? 
just b/c you are poor doesnt mean you are dem especially when everyone is poor, if everyone is poor who will finance the stupid pet projects in the next "stimulus bill"? If this bill fails ppl will look at it like it made things worse and take it out on barry at any rates its entirely to early to be thinking about it now b/c like i pointed out to many things to take into account that are unknown

one thing that is known is that you really need to pull your head out of his ass...
the majority of this country leans conservative

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 05:10:56 PM »
the majority of this country leans conservative

brutal 1960 polling. It's pretty commonly known that the country is center leaning right....which is a result of polling questions by org's lke gallup(which has called my home ::)) when they ask you common sense things such as if you're for lower taxes. Who the fuck is going to say yes to higher taxes when posed the question??? honestly.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 05:12:14 PM »
brutal 1960 polling. It's pretty commonly known that the country is center leaning right....which is a result of polling questions by org's lke gallup(which has called my home ::)) when they ask you common sense things such as if you're for lower taxes. Who the fuck is going to say yes to higher taxes when posed the question??? honestly.

thats what i meant...either way spells doom for barry should this bill fail so no to answer 240's ignorant ass question and assumptions NO

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 05:26:07 PM »
If 240's latest posts could be transferred to audio, they'd sound like a carefully executed fart.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 05:36:42 PM »
I doubt that "poor people" (whatever that means) are the deciding factor in presidential elections.  Regardless of who runs, most Democrats vote for Democrats and most Republicans vote for Republicans.  The swing voters are independents, Reagan Democrats, Catholics, disenchanted Republicans, some minorities to a degree, etc.

If the economy tanks because of the largest spending bill in history, Obama is done.  He can try and blame Dubya, but the blame will lie squarely at the feet of this this massive bill that no one has read. 

I'm just astounded that this thing was rammed through without anyone ever reading it.  Not a month into his campaign he has rolled the dice.  If the economy recovers and is prosperous in 2010 and 2012, he will coast to reelection.  If it doesn't, he'll be a one-term president.   

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009, 05:42:19 PM »
If 240 latest posts could be transferred to audio, they'd sound like a carefully executed fart.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 06:10:08 PM »
you know whats funny though no matter when the economy turns around 240 will be on here giving credit to obama even if he has been out of office for yrs.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009, 12:11:47 AM »
Yes.  So people who are poor are going to vote for the republican.

Not for the dem who promises to give them more $ back.

Yes.  People on food stamps vote republican.  bwaaaahahahaha

10% of the nation is on foodstamps, and it's rising.  Wait til 30% of the country gets them.  I'm sure ppl eating free steak will work hard for Jindal's platform of personal responsibility.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2009, 12:24:36 AM »
I'm sure ppl eating free steak will work hard for Jindal's platform of personal responsibility.

Send me free steak and I'll even vote for Pelosi!
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2009, 12:31:41 AM »
Send me free steak and I'll even vote for Pelosi!

seriously, nearly every person that gets welfare or food stamps becomes a dem voter, let's be honest.  and the VAST majority of middle class folks who lose house and become poor class - they sure aren't going to vote for 'tax cuts for rich'.

If Obama can keep 60% of the population on social aid, he'll own the place for 8 years and beyond.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2009, 12:32:57 AM »
If Obama can keep 60% of the population on social aid, he'll own the place for 8 years and beyond.

I think you're absolutely right.
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2009, 12:34:39 AM »
I think you're absolutely right.

white house is running the census data in 2010 too.  They know what they're doing.  The top 10% will now be subsidizing the bottom 90%.  It's been the reverse for the last 8 years.

Raise your hand if you would vote for Obama if he promised you a check for 10% of your annual income, free food for the year, and free health care.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2009, 12:42:35 AM »
white house is running the census data in 2010 too.  They know what they're doing.  The top 10% will now be subsidizing the bottom 90%.  It's been the reverse for the last 8 years.

Raise your hand if you would vote for Obama if he promised you a check for 10% of your annual income, free food for the year, and free health care.

Raise a hand if you a communist.

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2009, 03:23:10 AM »
Housing sales are up 6% from last month, retails sales went up for the 1st time in a year, unemployment claims went down abit. Its already starting, and i know there will be less jobs lost for feb march april etc etc...   Houses r so cheap people/investors know its time to start buying.  As long as the economy gets alittle better next year which it should, then Obama fine tell 2016 then he'll retire and get paid $1mill per gig to guest speak around the world..  Also Will smith will play Obama in movie about Obama's campaign ;)

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2009, 06:33:31 AM »
Housing sales are up 6% from last month, retails sales went up for the 1st time in a year, unemployment claims went down abit. Its already starting, and i know there will be less jobs lost for feb march april etc etc...   Houses r so cheap people/investors know its time to start buying.  As long as the economy gets alittle better next year which it should, then Obama fine tell 2016 then he'll retire and get paid $1mill per gig to guest speak around the world..  Also Will smith will play Obama in movie about Obama's campaign ;)

All of that will happen at Dubai,India?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2009, 07:04:23 AM »
240 brings up a good point.  If things go right, he is the messiah that so many turds think he is.  If things go wrong, "he just needs more time to fix all the problems..."

Ready made excuses...

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2009, 07:14:53 AM »
Obama is a empty suit. The man does not know what he his doing.

i bet you could give him advice ::)

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2009, 09:09:18 AM »
240, by your logic, people made poor by Obama will vote for him, simply on your generalization that poor people vote for republicans?

Wow, if this plan does work maybe Americans are stupid? Luckily I have faith that if this scenario did happen, eyes would open.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2009, 09:18:40 AM »
240, by your logic, people made poor by Obama will vote for him, simply on your generalization that poor people vote for republicans?

Wow, if this plan does work maybe Americans are stupid? Luckily I have faith that if this scenario did happen, eyes would open.

Can we at least agree that if the economy recovers, Obama will get credit for it?  Let's eliminate 1/2 of the equation right there.  Then we can look at who votes for whom based upon socioeconomic status