Author Topic: Transcript: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed confesses 9/11 role  (Read 15427 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Transcript: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed confesses 9/11 role
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2007, 11:11:12 AM »
So Beach bum you believe the Sheikh Mohammed did all of the above mentioned "from A to Z" ?

I don't know.  Maybe, maybe not.  What I don't believe is that he was tortured into a false confession and falsified computer records for years as part of some dumb conspiracy to shoot missiles into the WTC.   

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2007, 11:12:03 AM »
That's what the government told him, isn't it? Or course, he believes it.  ;D

His sarcasm wrecks truth, even though he tries to make it witty by throwing out the "c" word. I just want to know if someone actual believes this. Entering the twilight zone....

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2007, 11:13:37 AM »
What I don't believe is that he was tortured into a false confession

Right. Because W. said it in plain words: "We don't torture."  ::)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2007, 11:14:59 AM »
Oh I forgot that one.  The conspiracy includes the judges, lawyers, and jurors (if any) involved in these trials.  They must be on the CIA payroll too. 

it's a 3-member military panel.  Sandra Day and pals thought that such a panel could be neutral (as long as none of the panel members had personally helped capture the defendant), but a little more process wouldn't hurt the govt in cases like these.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2007, 11:15:12 AM »
Right. Because W. said it in plain words: "We don't torture."  ::)

No.  Because it doesn't make any dang sense.  

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2007, 11:16:38 AM »
I don't know.  Maybe, maybe not.  What I don't believe is that he was tortured into a false confession and falsified computer records for years as part of some dumb conspiracy to shoot missiles into the WTC.   

Well it's a Official recorded transcript during a interrogation. So are you saying it's possible your government made this all up? Or that they did not torture the confession out of him, and simply told him if he confessed then they would end the torture?  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2007, 11:19:31 AM »
it's a 3-member military panel.  Sandra Day and pals thought that such a panel could be neutral (as long as none of the panel members had personally helped capture the defendant), but a little more process wouldn't hurt the govt in cases like these.

I haven't thought about it much, but you might be right.  I'm not crazy about treating foreign terrorists the same as POWs and definitely don't think they should be afforded all of the rights of American citizens.  I do, however, have problems with holding someone indefinitely without charges. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2007, 11:20:55 AM »
Well it's a Official recorded transcript during a interrogation. So are you saying it's possible your government made this all up? Or that they did not torture the confession out of him, and simply told him if he confessed then they would end the torture?  

What?  You asked me whether he actually committed all of the offenses he claims he did.  My answer is "I don't know."  Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. 

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2007, 11:23:04 AM »
I do, however, have problems with holding someone indefinitely without charges. 

Well, fortunately, now he's gotten his secret hearing without legal representation. That should insure justice is served.  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2007, 11:28:01 AM »
No.  Because it doesn't make any dang sense.  

BB, do you believe the US tortures people?

Simple yes or no.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2007, 11:32:28 AM »
BB, do you believe the US tortures people?

Simple yes or no.

What do you mean by "torture"?  Which part of the "US"?  The military, the CIA, the president himself? 

And why are you asking me this question? 

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2007, 11:43:23 AM »
What do you mean by "torture"?  Which part of the "US"?  The military, the CIA, the president himself? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2007, 11:52:29 AM »

1. The CIA, the military, or the white house.  Any of them.  Yes or no.

2. I'm curious if you believe we do.

I believe we do.  CIA agents worked with the NYTimes/FOX (I think it was those 2) last year to detail the waterboarding effect on KSM.  I just wonder if some people still believe Bush - which would mean disbelieving the CIA. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2007, 12:04:42 PM »
1. The CIA, the military, or the white house.  Any of them.  Yes or no.

2. I'm curious if you believe we do.

I believe we do.  CIA agents worked with the NYTimes/FOX (I think it was those 2) last year to detail the waterboarding effect on KSM.  I just wonder if some people still believe Bush - which would mean disbelieving the CIA. 

CIA = possibly.  Military = probably.  White House = no.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2007, 12:08:43 PM »
CIA = possibly.  Military = probably.  White House = no.

Why would the white house allow the CIA and Military to use torture?

They are the bosses, you know.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2007, 12:10:00 PM »
Military = probably

But our army is the greatest because of their moral stature, right?  ::)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2007, 12:12:55 PM »
Khalid Sheikh Mohammed (KSM) is thought to have been born in the Baluchistan region of Pakistan, and spent some of his formative years in Kuwait. He joined the Muslim Brotherhood at age 16 and returned to Pakistan soon after, studied in the United States for several years, and left for Afghanistan in the 1980s where he and his brothers fought against the Soviet Union during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. He is thought to have commenced anti-American terrorist operations in the early 1990s.

You're an idiot from A to Z.

Have you ever spent any time around Middle Eastern students studying in the US? I have, Boston is littered with them.

If you think they speak the same way we do you're either nuts or you've never actually spent any time around them. They take glory in being different from us, they revel in it. In fact they look down on us.

Your so called evidence is a joke.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2007, 12:15:41 PM »
KSM's testimony was tortured out of him.  And it sounds like they pinned 31 attacks on him so that history could say "Yes, Bush solved all the world's crimes by busting that one guy!"

If you believe KSM did all 31 of these deeds, well, you probably also believe Bush never lied, 19 arabs called off norad and brought down WTC7 and caused false reporting 8 hours after their deaths, and that Iraq had WMD, but chose to never use them on us.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2007, 12:23:25 PM »
Your so called evidence is a joke.

Does this mean I wasn't owned?  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2007, 12:49:38 PM »
Why would the white house allow the CIA and Military to use torture?

They are the bosses, you know.

Ever heard of the phrase "plausible deniability"?  Very common in politics.  I doubt the President either knows about or authorizes illegal and/or questionable acts.

And I am not conceding that anyone has done anything illegal. 

Also not sure what this has to do with Mohammed confessing to his role in 911.   

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2007, 12:52:46 PM »
not sure what this has to do with Mohammed confessing to his role in 911.   

Dick Cheney, US vice-president, has endorsed the use of "water boarding" for terror suspects and confirmed that the controversial interrogation technique was used on Khaled Sheikh Mohammed, the senior al-Qaeda operative now being held at Guantánamo Bay.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15433467/

But I'm sure the horror of being murdered by drowning had nothing to do with his "confession", right?  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2007, 12:55:19 PM »
Ever heard of the phrase "plausible deniability"?  Very common in politics.  I doubt the President either knows about or authorizes illegal and/or questionable acts.

And I am not conceding that anyone has done anything illegal. 

Also not sure what this has to do with Mohammed confessing to his role in 911.   

KSM was waterboarded, according to CIA sources.

And that shit about plausible deniability - wrong.  The President appoints the generals and CIA staff.  They are HIS people.

Sometimes I wonder if you give a shit about right and wrong.  SOunds like it's just about your party vs. the world.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2007, 12:59:39 PM »
Dick Cheney, US vice-president, has endorsed the use of "water boarding" for terror suspects and confirmed that the controversial interrogation technique was used on Khaled Sheikh Mohammed, the senior al-Qaeda operative now being held at Guantánamo Bay.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15433467/

But I'm sure the horror of being murdered by drowning had nothing to do with his "confession", right?  ::)

You talking about this admission by Cheney (from your link): 

"For a while there, I was criticized as being the 'vice-president for torture',"  Cheney added. "We don't torture ... We live up to our obligations in international treaties that we're party to and so forth."

I guess because you believe missiles hit the WTC and the Pentagon and that these attacks were carried out by the U.S. government, you cannot accept Mohammed's confession.  It has to be the result of torture.  Otherwise, your conspiracy theory falls apart. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2007, 01:01:14 PM »
You talking about this admission by Cheney (from your link): 

"For a while there, I was criticized as being the 'vice-president for torture',"  Cheney added. "We don't torture ... We live up to our obligations in international treaties that we're party to and so forth."

I guess because you believe missiles hit the WTC and the Pentagon and that these attacks were carried out by the U.S. government, you cannot accept Mohammed's confession.  It has to be the result of torture.  Otherwise, your conspiracy theory falls apart. 

classic red herring.

you respond to ribo's info on Cheney torture statements with an attack on 240's 911 belief.

i'm truly in your head, doctor.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2007, 01:40:33 PM »
classic red herring.

you respond to ribo's info on Cheney torture statements with an attack on 240's 911 belief.

i'm truly in your head, doctor.

Bum "doubts" that the President condones "questionable" acts like waterboarding. And even if he did, what would that have to do with Mohammed's confession?

So I link to a mainstream news outlet story that has the Vice-President not only publicly endorsing waterboarding - but confirming Mohammed was subjected to it.

Now if I was caught out in a moment of bare-assed ignorance like this, I would be man enough to say, "Whoops! My bad."

But of course Bum, apparently falling short in that department, instead goes for the ad hominem by (falsely) claiming I've endorsed the missile theory - as if his imagined discrediting of me there would have any bearing at all on his own gaffe. Very sad.  :(

Coming up next: "I said the President - not the Vice-President, nyah nyah nyah" (which would raise the interesting question of who's running the show over there). Followed by: "Waterboarding isn't torture - because Cheney said it's not!"

::)