Author Topic: Colts release all-pro receiver Harrison  (Read 1304 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Colts release all-pro receiver Harrison
« on: February 24, 2009, 04:26:07 PM »
Too bad he couldn't finish his career with Manning.  Great player. 

By John Clayton
ESPN.com

Harrison, who is second only to Jerry Rice in career receptions with 1,102 catches, asked for his release over the weekend and was granted it on Monday. Harrison was scheduled to make $9 million this year. His release saves the team $7 million.

It was a tough loss for Irsay. Harrison has been with the team since 1996. He has been to eight Pro Bowls and has been named All Pro eight times. The Colts drafted him in the first round in 1996.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3931695

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: Colts release all-pro receiver Harrison
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 07:29:49 AM »
Too bad he couldn't finish his career with Manning.  Great player. 

By John Clayton
ESPN.com

Harrison, who is second only to Jerry Rice in career receptions with 1,102 catches, asked for his release over the weekend and was granted it on Monday. Harrison was scheduled to make $9 million this year. His release saves the team $7 million.

It was a tough loss for Irsay. Harrison has been with the team since 1996. He has been to eight Pro Bowls and has been named All Pro eight times. The Colts drafted him in the first round in 1996.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3931695

Stupid, stupid, stupid move by Harrison. He should still be a Colt. It puzzles me that this guy was not willing to take a pay cut from 9 MILLION. He was coming off one of the worst statistical seasons of his career and he will be 37 years old this upcoming season. What leverage did he have in refusing to reduce his salary?? He's a 13 year year veteran and he's made shit loads of dough in the NFL but he's unwilling to take a pay cut to stay with a contending team and a great quarterback to throw him the ball?? It's all about the money in the twilight of his career?

Stupid. Now Eagles fans can jerk off over the notion of joining his college teammate in Mcnabb in Philly. Who cares.....

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 09:26:25 AM »
Harrison's days of being a number one are over.  The last few years, he was able to take advantage of having a stud opposite him.  He better go somewhere that he doesn't have to be "the man."

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 09:32:35 AM »
Harrison = going to eagles..

body88

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 10:00:20 AM »
Harrison is no better than a good #3 at this point in his career.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 10:20:41 AM »
I agree.  He's done as an elite WR.  He should have taken a pay cut and stayed in Indy.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 10:26:05 AM »
Harrison is no better than a good #3 at this point in his career.

Exactly. Since when do #3 receivers get paid 9 million in a season? Even #3's in their prime never make that much. He must really feel he's still a #1 guy in the NFL. Delusions of grandeur...

Pride is one of those seven deadlies.....

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 06:00:18 PM »
Exactly. Since when do #3 receivers get paid 9 million in a season? Even #3's in their prime never make that much. He must really feel he's still a #1 guy in the NFL. Delusions of grandeur...

My Lions will pay him that....
D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 06:31:13 PM »
I actually think the colts would have done better this year without him playing. It seemed like they where always trying to get something going with harrison this past year. Screw him man you got reggie wayne one of the best recievers in the league right now, clark, gonzales etc...

body88

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 08:19:35 PM »

Maybe Harrison is feeling hard after he shot someone and beat the wrap?  Nine million a year, you have got to be kidding me.  Marvin, take your 5 million a year and be happy.....there are about 10 guys better than you that make under that.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 09:07:07 PM »
I hear Chicago was looking at him... I pray to god they pass his old ass up. He is just a conversion reciever...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 09:27:25 PM »
My Lions will pay him that....

Lion's fan?  My condolences.   :)  You have to be glad they finally got rid of Millen.  At least they won't be drafting another WR in the first. 

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 10:57:51 PM »
Lion's fan?  My condolences.   :)  You have to be glad they finally got rid of Millen.  At least they won't be drafting another WR in the first. 

Thank you. Well, they got rid of Millen and some guys that we was keeping who were not doing their jobs. We have twp draft picks in the first round and i am not sure as who i really want. I want Andre Smith but i feel that we may be able to get him with our 2 1st round pick but with our first round pick, I guess Matthew Stafford. My Lions have holes all over the place but i am glad that we traded Roy Williams and got the Cowboys first and 2nd rounders.
D

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 03:14:39 AM »
Lion's fan?  My condolences.[/b]   :)  You have to be glad they finally got rid of Millen.  At least they won't be drafting another WR in the first. 

LOL. That's what I was thinking...you poor, poor man.

HAHA, RON.....