Author Topic: The Coke Commercial  (Read 9217 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
The Coke Commercial
« on: February 04, 2014, 07:22:12 AM »

As a hateful rightwing fascist....yeah I had a problem with it. America works and has worked because tradionally after each wave of usually unpopular immigration, the folks coming over assimilated with American culture. That's not happening near as much. You don't hear stories of Spanish being outlawed in houses. My grandfather came over from Sicily when he was two....Italian was not allowed to be spoken by the kids for the most part. The Left can't have it both ways....these people want to come here, you have to be Americans. You can't allow these people to become another generation of welfare cases because you want votes. Destroying the country in 30 years isn't exactly going to preserve your base. If they want something that Americans either don't care about...see the polls....or feel negatively about....I think some assurances about how these people are expected to conduct themselves would be helpful. I have zero faith that will happen. This is a reasoned approach to immigration.....or I could say mine the border and set up miniguns and eviscerate everybody coming across.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: The Coke Commercial
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 07:34:22 AM »
It totally went over my head.  I do not understand the commercial.  I dont even know what their aiming for here.

Wifey was all "Oh, that coke commercial everyone is talking about". 

What are they trying to say?   People all over the world love america and drink coke to celebrate it?   I feel like Don Draper right now, staring at season 1 peggy and the other drunks with a look of disbelief. 

can someone explain the commercial?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 07:47:41 AM »
They sang America the beautiful in several different languages.....not we love coke and we're from Pakistan/Mexico etc  etc. It was a definite pro immigration piece and that's great but...the message that needs to be enforced is that you're coming to America...you're now going to be one of us..on our team, not team Mexico or team Pakistan. Speak English, learn the history...learn the civics and embrace them.  I have zero hope on that...
L

mik1111

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 08:21:07 AM »
coca cola wants to sell to platinos. big fucking deal

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 08:28:52 AM »
It was pure leftist/open borders propoganda.I could go on and on but HH6 got it pretty much covered in the first post.

These people do not know history and do not understand what is playing out before their eyes.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 08:43:58 AM »
A bunch of twatwaffles getting their panties in a bunch because of foreigners singing a song that was written by a lesbian.  Yeah that sounds like some righteous moral outrage is needed right there.

::)

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 08:49:52 AM »
my great grand parents came here from Mexico.  and LEGALLY became US citizens.  my grandfather fought in WW2 and paid taxes his whole life.  he never understood Mexicans national pride in Mexico.

"If you loved Mexico so much, you would have stayed in Mexico.  The problem is that Mexico is not a good place to live.  That's why we all came here.  So what are you so proud of?  You love Mexico, but you just refuse to live there?  National pride begins with the desire to live in the country you're so proud of.  If you don't want to live there, you don't love the country."

He didn't win many popularity contests among our family, but he was dead on right, and he was too old and too god damn tired to care what you thought of his opinion.

No one could ever successfully argue against his opinion because there simply was no valid argument against it.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 09:21:58 AM »
my great grand parents came here from Mexico.  and LEGALLY became US citizens.  my grandfather fought in WW2 and paid taxes his whole life.  he never understood Mexicans national pride in Mexico.

"If you loved Mexico so much, you would have stayed in Mexico.  The problem is that Mexico is not a good place to live.  That's why we all came here.  So what are you so proud of?  You love Mexico, but you just refuse to live there?  National pride begins with the desire to live in the country you're so proud of.  If you don't want to live there, you don't love the country."

He didn't win many popularity contests among our family, but he was dead on right, and he was too old and too god damn tired to care what you thought of his opinion.

No one could ever successfully argue against his opinion because there simply was no valid argument against it.

Exactly right!!!!

There are tons of Hispanics who think this way too. Lots of them are insulted by the mass amnesty/treasonous loyalties to foreign nations being pushed by all these lib politicians and the hordes of immigrants marching under foreign flags thru americas streets demanding handouts and special treatment.

They hate this shit as much as most white conservatives do but you wouldn't know it listening to the media, who portrays ALL hispanic americans as super pro amnesty.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 09:54:31 AM »
didn't hear any European or Slavic languages.....we must not be important, ONLY BUILT THE FUCKING PLACE!

You built the f'ng place?

Oh you did it now, whiteman.

Now you will have libtards, guilt ridden whites after you claiming that it was built on the back of black slaves.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 10:18:33 AM »

As a hateful rightwing fascist....yeah I had a problem with it. America works and has worked because tradionally after each wave of usually unpopular immigration, the folks coming over assimilated with American culture. That's not happening near as much. You don't hear stories of Spanish being outlawed in houses. My grandfather came over from Sicily when he was two....Italian was not allowed to be spoken by the kids for the most part. The Left can't have it both ways....these people want to come here, you have to be Americans. You can't allow these people to become another generation of welfare cases because you want votes. Destroying the country in 30 years isn't exactly going to preserve your base. If they want something that Americans either don't care about...see the polls....or feel negatively about....I think some assurances about how these people are expected to conduct themselves would be helpful. I have zero faith that will happen. This is a reasoned approach to immigration.....or I could say mine the border and set up miniguns and eviscerate everybody coming across.

I agree with the principles of what you are saying here.

But isn't this Coke pandering to immigrants to sell more coke and NOT some political statement by the Dems or libs?

Instead isn't also some advertising scheme ok'd by the CEO of Coke to increase profits?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 10:19:14 AM »
Give us back the whips and watch sub 3% unemployment and 100% reduction in welfare rolls  :o
;D

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 10:26:46 AM »
I agree with the principles of what you are saying here.

But isn't this Coke pandering to immigrants to sell more coke and NOT some political statement by the Dems or libs?

Instead isn't also some advertising scheme ok'd by the CEO of Coke to increase profits?

Exactly. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2014, 10:30:45 AM »
On this one hh6, you're dead wrong... about the commercial.

Not necessarily about immigration. I didn't see that in the commercial at all.

And what's wrong with being pro immigration? You a native American?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2014, 10:31:31 AM »
my great grand parents came here from Mexico.  and LEGALLY became US citizens.  my grandfather fought in WW2 and paid taxes his whole life.  he never understood Mexicans national pride in Mexico.

"If you loved Mexico so much, you would have stayed in Mexico.  The problem is that Mexico is not a good place to live.  That's why we all came here.  So what are you so proud of?  You love Mexico, but you just refuse to live there?  National pride begins with the desire to live in the country you're so proud of.  If you don't want to live there, you don't love the country."

Your grandfather was spot on. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2014, 10:52:37 AM »

He just wants something to bitch about.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2014, 11:44:01 AM »

I read it that way and I'm not alone so perception becomes reality. I'm not against immigration...if we were getting a bunch of neonatologists or laser scientists. We are not getting that...we're getting a bunch of dependents. There are enough poor people who need the jobs those folks will take.

240....I think Coke is enough of a brand that it isn't pandering. But non assimilation sends the wrong message does it not.
L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2014, 12:00:42 PM »
A bunch of twatwaffles getting their panties in a bunch because of foreigners singing a song that was written by a lesbian.  Yeah that sounds like some righteous moral outrage is needed right there.

::)

yep, that's the funniest part of all

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/432753/february-03-2014/coca-cola-s-diverse--america-the-beautiful--ad?xrs=share_copy

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2014, 12:13:07 PM »
Isn't immigration kind of filtered a bit? ... in that, they let so many people with skills and no-skills in?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2014, 12:24:18 PM »
Why does that even matter?

it doesn't "matter"

it is however humorous that conservative commentators are upset that the ad featured a gay couple given the fact that the song was written by a gay woman

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2014, 12:59:44 PM »
I read it that way and I'm not alone so perception becomes reality. I'm not against immigration...if we were getting a bunch of neonatologists or laser scientists. We are not getting that...we're getting a bunch of dependents. There are enough poor people who need the jobs those folks will take.

240....I think Coke is enough of a brand that it isn't pandering. But non assimilation sends the wrong message does it not.

Honestly, I think this is one of your complaining to complain issues man... Sorry, but this is much ado about nothing.

This is just Coke showing that this is a country to be proud of BECAUSE of it's diversity... This is not about pandering.

Whatever floats your boat though... You hate coke now, don't ever drink it.

Nor Vitamin Water
Or
Dasani
PowerAde
Barqs Root Beer
Odwalla
Fanta
Full Throttle
NOS
Hi-C
Minute Maid
Fuze
Gold Peak Tea

Shit... there's tens more and I'm just getting tired of typing.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2014, 01:10:15 PM »

Perception only becomes reality for the weak minded.   You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2014, 01:12:01 PM »
Why does that even matter?

Wouldn't you be better off complaining that Coke (and every other single venue/event/reception/etc.. that uses the song) is pushing the gay agenda lifestyle down your throat?

Seems like that would be more important than a bunch of foreigners singing it.

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2014, 01:12:44 PM »
Stellen Sie sich den Zorn von Neokonservativen hätte die Werbeagentur hatte gewählt, “This Land is Your Land” entschieden. *

* Imagine the anger from neo-conservatives if  the advertising agency had chosen, “This Land is Your Land.”

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2014, 01:35:14 PM »
Wouldn't you be better off complaining that Coke (and every other single venue/event/reception/etc.. that uses the song) is pushing the gay agenda lifestyle down your throat?

Seems like that would be more important than a bunch of foreigners singing it.

You are reaching quite a bit. That ad had nothing to do with gay issues