Author Topic: God’s Wake Up Call - A Personal Story  (Read 31039 times)

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
Re: God’s Wake Up Call - A Personal Story
« Reply #175 on: August 11, 2018, 10:12:49 AM »
down to 155

lol, ur a little feller

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #176 on: August 11, 2018, 10:22:39 AM »
X

Zillotch

• Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: August 11, 2018, 10:25:08 AM »
thank you.

think of it this way... ur the same size as conor mcgregor.. and he's a bad ass.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #178 on: August 11, 2018, 10:26:45 AM »
think of it this way... ur the same size as conor mcgregor.. and he's a bad ass.

thank you.
X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #179 on: August 11, 2018, 12:00:13 PM »
The best thing that ever happened to me was losing the mindset of being big. Geez, I remember being 205 pounds and just cared about being a big perma bulker  ??? ??? :-\ :-\ :-\ Horrible. Now I am down to 155. Best decision I ever made.

What 40+ year old man cares about "being big?" Leave the bodybuilding mentality behind and you will be way better off.

As I have gotten older, I have come to realize that no one gives a shit if you're "big." Most people are too concerned about their own life to care about anyone elses life. This is even more true if youre married with kids--they are the only ones you have to impress.

Coach, I am glad you didn't die!  ;D ;D In all seriousness, I am glad you're okay. Keep on, keepin' on!

I appreciate it. I started training when I was 11 and competing when I was 15, so you can say that bodybuilding is pretty much instilled in me. Non-competitive bodybuilding (the lifestyle) IMO, is by far the best way get in shape and stay in shape...bar none and even today. Like you, as I've gotten older, I know I didn't need to carry the excess weight even though every blood panel I've ever taken has always been just about perfect with the exception of Cholesterol being a little high. It was 5 years that the docs put on a beta-blocker and statin only as a preventative measure, not because it was necessary, I was around 243 at the time.

A couple of years ago (after your visit), I went back to bodybuilding-type of workouts to regain the body composition that I lost when I was training powerlifting and because I blew out both my biceps tendons at the same time. Long story short, around the end of April I started training consistently and dieting. Started at 233lbs and weighed in at 208. BF as of a week and a half ago was measured with a BodPod at 9.1%.

The "event" I had was almost the perfect storm. Today, I'm 100% and BP is back down to 131/63 and my resting HR has been a consistent 64-66

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #180 on: August 11, 2018, 12:16:27 PM »
9.1% bf you must look ripped.

What happened to you was very strange.

Kwon3

« Reply #181 on: August 11, 2018, 12:21:32 PM »
This board planet is filled with simpletons and flat out scum bags. Typical bodybuilding fans humans. Reading the comments proves that. I can only imagine what your home lives must consist of.  

A guy puts out a heart felt post of his serious health problem and he gets attacked in a vile way.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #182 on: August 11, 2018, 12:33:54 PM »
155 is a good weight.

for a girl.

Kwon3

« Reply #183 on: August 11, 2018, 12:38:31 PM »

Mike Matarazzo had sub-10% body fat and clearly was several times bigger than the OP and he ended up the operating stable at 38 for clogged arteries, had another heart attack a few years after, and died four years later.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: August 11, 2018, 12:58:25 PM »
This board is filled with simpletons and flat out scum bags. Typical bodybuilding fans. Reading the comments proves that. I can only imagine what your home lives must consist of.  

A guy puts out a heart felt post of his serious health problem and he gets attacked in a vile way.

Coach's original post was good. Unfortunately, his follow up posts aren't. He may be merely responding to some of the more negative posts, but there is more than that going on with him. Coach has been around long enough to know how things work on Getbig. Sure some of the replies are uncalled for, but many are offering support. He's choosing to focus on everything he finds negative whether its an entire post or just something he's picked out of the more positive responses that he doesn't like. IMO, Coach is rejecting all advice offered.

It appears that he rejects the notion that his choices may have contributed to his recent mini stroke. This suggests that he will continue on the same track he's been on. Many of the replies are simply suggestions for lifestyle changes he might employ as a preventative for future problems. Strokes are nothing to gloss over. If he has another, it may not be so "mini" and that could be devastating.  

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: August 11, 2018, 01:07:55 PM »
The best thing that ever happened to me was losing the mindset of being big. Geez, I remember being 205 pounds and just cared about being a big perma bulker  ??? ??? :-\ :-\ :-\ Horrible. Now I am down to 155. Best decision I ever made.

What 40+ year old man cares about "being big?" Leave the bodybuilding mentality behind and you will be way better off.

As I have gotten older, I have come to realize that no one gives a shit if you're "big." Most people are too concerned about their own life to care about anyone elses life. This is even more true if youre married with kids--they are the only ones you have to impress.

Coach, I am glad you didn't die!  ;D ;D In all seriousness, I am glad you're okay. Keep on, keepin' on!

Really fit looking people may get some positive attention, but huge mass monsters are often seen as being/looking ridiculous except from those within their ranks. Any intelligent person with clear vision would not continue to risk good health for the sake of being something which means nothing to most other people.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #186 on: August 11, 2018, 01:14:54 PM »
Coach's original post was good. Unfortunately, his follow up posts aren't. He may be merely responding to some of the more negative posts, but there is more than that going on with him. Coach has been around long enough to know how things work on Getbig. Sure some of the replies are uncalled for, but many are offering support. He's choosing to focus on everything he finds negative whether its an entire post or just something he's picked out of the more positive responses that he doesn't like. IMO, Coach is rejecting all advice offered.

It appears that he rejects the notion that his choices may have contributed to his recent mini stroke. This suggests that he will continue on the same track he's been on. Many of the replies are simply suggestions for lifestyle changes he might employ as a preventative for future problems. Strokes are nothing to gloss over. If he has another, it may not be so "mini" and that could be devastating. 
Shut the fuck up "Uncle Creepy" !!

Kwon3

« Reply #187 on: August 11, 2018, 01:26:10 PM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #188 on: August 11, 2018, 01:42:37 PM »
Mike Matarazzo had sub-10% body fat and clearly was several times bigger than the OP and he ended up the operating stable at 38 for clogged arteries, had another heart attack a few years after, and died four years later.

That's being set up next. More than likely an MRI.

Kwon3

« Reply #189 on: August 11, 2018, 01:45:34 PM »
That's being set up next. More than likely an MRI.
Try to get an angiogram if you haven't already. It's the one thing he regretted never doing as it would've given a clearer picture of the percentage of blockage rather than just bloodwork alone. Then again an MRI might also work because it xrays your insides. I'd suggest it to him but otherwise listen to the doctor's advice and not getbig's, who don't have any training in medicine and lack the license to recommend things to you legally (giving medical advice is actually a felony if done in real life, much like practicing psychology is if you're unlicensed)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #190 on: August 11, 2018, 01:49:10 PM »

What the hell are you talking about? What "choices" have I rejected other than admitting that I didn't take the meds like I should have? The day I went to the doctor was the same day as my blood panel. It was almost perfect with the only exception of my LDL's being a little high but much lower than I had expected. Maybe I go off because people say stupid shit....like this.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #191 on: August 11, 2018, 01:50:42 PM »

No, not ripped but much leaner than I have been in years

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #192 on: August 11, 2018, 01:57:02 PM »
What the hell are you talking about? What "choices" have I rejected other than admitting that I didn't take the meds like I should have? The day I went to the doctor was the same day as my blood panel. It was almost perfect with the only exception of my LDL's being a little high but much lower than I had expected. Maybe I go off because people say stupid shit....like this.

Roids and eating to much.

You act like a girl btw

Kwon3

« Reply #193 on: August 11, 2018, 01:58:09 PM »
Roids and eating to much.

You act like a girl btw
Roger Bacon once made an enlightening post about that.

If men respect men who act masculine, why do we date women? They're nothing but the opposite of everything we consider decent, honest, proper and stoic. I mean sure, there's a sexual incentive but putting up with everything else just for that? I don't get it.

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #194 on: August 11, 2018, 01:59:26 PM »
No, not ripped but much leaner than I have been in years

9.1%? No way. Not to bash but you look chubby in that video

Zillotch

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: August 11, 2018, 02:14:15 PM »
lack the license to recommend things to you legally (giving medical advice is actually a felony if done in real life, much like practicing psychology is if you're unlicensed)

'licensed professionals' will not exist in the future. licensure is under attack.

Hapax legomenon

• Getbig II
  • 何見とんじゃボケ
« Reply #196 on: August 11, 2018, 02:19:35 PM »
Weeping willows droop.
just like my ex-husband's face
cries weeping widow

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: August 11, 2018, 02:24:12 PM »
I appreciate it. I started training when I was 11 and competing when I was 15, so you can say that bodybuilding is pretty much instilled in me. Non-competitive bodybuilding (the lifestyle) IMO, is by far the best way get in shape and stay in shape...bar none and even today. Like you, as I've gotten older, I know I didn't need to carry the excess weight even though every blood panel I've ever taken has always been just about perfect with the exception of Cholesterol being a little high. It was 5 years that the docs put on a beta-blocker and statin only as a preventative measure, not because it was necessary, I was around 243 at the time.

A couple of years ago (after your visit), I went back to bodybuilding-type of workouts to regain the body composition that I lost when I was training powerlifting and because I blew out both my biceps tendons at the same time. Long story short, around the end of April I started training consistently and dieting. Started at 233lbs and weighed in at 208. BF as of a week and a half ago was measured with a BodPod at 9.1%.

The "event" I had was almost the perfect storm. Today, I'm 100% and BP is back down to 131/63 and my resting HR has been a consistent 64-66

Your BP resting heart rate is right on. Blood pressure isn't bad either. Some people are more prone to having elevated cholesterol, like me. I take both a beta blocker and a statin like you do; HDL 84, LDL 86, triglycerides 112

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: August 11, 2018, 02:25:37 PM »
  ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: August 11, 2018, 02:28:13 PM »

Maybe.