Author Topic: Stephen Hawking:'There is NO heaven; it's a fairy story'- HAHHA  (Read 52152 times)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Re: Stephen Hawking:'There is NO heaven; it's a fairy story'- HAHHA
« Reply #500 on: May 20, 2011, 09:43:14 AM »
Hawking is a genious but it doesn't take one to figure this out - Every religion has a different god and believes in different shit, so why should westerners be more right than those of Islam who murder westerners in the name of their god!
Gods were invented when humans didn't understand what caused shit - Now we know about the sun, we don't have a sun god, we don't have a moon god, rain god, etc etc etc ..... We just cling on to this final god because we don't believe that when we are dead THATS IT FOR ETERNITY.
Believers carry on if it makes you happy. I wish I could believe but my feet are firmly on the ground and I believe science and common sense.

good post  :)

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #501 on: May 20, 2011, 09:59:06 AM »
Thread OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #502 on: May 20, 2011, 10:01:52 AM »
  I am not afraid to admit that I have no idea what is out there.  I do not believe in the bible or organized religion however.  If there is a god, he would want us to have our own independent beliefs.  The bible is nothing more than a "How to live a civilized life for dummies" circa 2,000+ years ago.  I am going to live my life the best way I know how to.  We will all find out the truth when we die.  

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #503 on: May 20, 2011, 10:15:33 AM »
 I am not afraid to admit that I have no idea what is out there.  I do not believe in the bible or organized religion however.  If there is a god, he would want us to have our own independent beliefs.  The bible is nothing more than a "How to live a civilized life for dummies" circa 2,000+ years ago.  I am going to live my life the best way I know how to.  We will all find out the truth when we die.  

Yes, this about sums it up.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #504 on: May 20, 2011, 10:22:04 AM »
Thank God Steven Hawkins was able to confirm this!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #505 on: May 20, 2011, 10:29:27 AM »
It has been proven that whole chapters of the bible have been removed/added to serve the agenda of the church.  Now, if the bible was directly from the mouth of god, he sure does change his mind often  ::)

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #506 on: May 20, 2011, 11:04:31 AM »
It has been proven that whole chapters of the bible have been removed/added to serve the agenda of the church.  Now, if the bible was directly from the mouth of god, he sure does change his mind often  ::)

God's will is apparantly to scam people.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #507 on: May 20, 2011, 11:14:38 AM »

Which chapters out of which book of the bible have been added or removed and who has proven this?  Now, there is debate over verses at the end of Mark that some early biblical manuscripts contain that others do not; hence, most current publications of the bible footnote this.  Most folks don't read the footnotes though.  For example, the height of Goliath has been debated, but footnoting addresses these subtle differences.  None of the debate or differences changes the idea of salvation through Christ or his resurrection. 

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #508 on: May 20, 2011, 11:16:04 AM »
most of the rules and principles used to stabilize our modern occidental societies come from the bible. The concept of good and evil in itself.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #509 on: May 20, 2011, 11:17:56 AM »
most of the rules and principles used to stabilize our modern occidental societies come from the bible. The concept of good and evil in itself.

You are a true retard if you really believe this.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #510 on: May 20, 2011, 11:18:30 AM »
 :D

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #511 on: May 20, 2011, 11:21:18 AM »
yup. when asked what was the most important thing, if we could only know one thing. jesus said there is one god and love your neighbor. and that sums it up.

there is no reason to abstain from any pleasure that one desires, just dont hurt anybody else in the process.

a believer who takes it in the ass and take steroids.... well with the coach you both give christianism a bad name.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #512 on: May 20, 2011, 11:33:25 AM »
I agree with you 100% on this.  However, it doesn't make the bible true  ;)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #513 on: May 20, 2011, 11:37:53 AM »
I agree with you 100% on this.  However, it doesn't make the bible true  ;)

Actually, people don't want the bible to be true.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #514 on: May 20, 2011, 11:46:33 AM »
You are a true retard if you really believe this.
sorry you re the only retard i see here.

And, I wanted to add, religion came from evolution of our brain and selected strategies of survival, from the biological development of our brain ,  prefrontal lobes, neo cortex, thoughts, considering everything that we think about or do is in itslef a strategy of survival selected by evolution over millions of years -billions if you consider human come from mammals, who come from reptilian, who come from amphibians, who come from bacterias and so on.
Like everything that exists, even thought process, religion is a construct, the selection of informations over time, informations that allow a large number of people to survive, becaue allowing others to survive might allow you to survive if they have what you need to survive but do not posess. Our ancestors killed newborns to keep fucking females. At some point they figured it endangered the fate of the whole specie, so they started protecting the newborns. They also killed or ignored the weak ones, elders, while moving from an oasis to another. But at sopme point they figured that these old people with experience, once dead because nobody helped them survive, disapeared with their knowledges, knowlegdes wich could have been useful to the whole group - its survival-. So after trials, errors, selection, they decided to keep everyone, even the old and ill ones at all cost, just in case they could be of any use in the interest of the survival of the whole group.

Birth of religion. evolution of god;

http://evolutionofgod.net/excerpts_appendix/

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #515 on: May 20, 2011, 11:48:08 AM »
Which chapters out of which book of the bible have been added or removed and who has proven this?  Now, there is debate over verses at the end of Mark that some early biblical manuscripts contain that others do not; hence, most current publications of the bible footnote this.  Most folks don't read the footnotes though.  For example, the height of Goliath has been debated, but footnoting addresses these subtle differences.  None of the debate or differences changes the idea of salvation through Christ or his resurrection. 
The bible has been changed over the course of 2,000+ years.  Most of it was probably done in the early middle ages to solidify the churches stance.  I know there was supposed to be among other things passages about Mary being a Prostitute etc....The Catholics removed some chapters from their bible, including the part where Jesus tells us to stop confessing our sins to the priests but to confess to Him instead. That's why that is one of the major differences between Catholocism and most other Christ-based religions.

The Catholic Bible also includes some books (Tobit, Judith, Wisdom, Sirach, Baruch, and I & II Maccabees) which other Bibles don't include because their authority/validity is often questioned. sense.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #516 on: May 20, 2011, 11:49:36 AM »
 We will all find out the truth when we die.  
No you won't.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #517 on: May 20, 2011, 11:53:13 AM »
No you won't.
Sure we will. If there is something then we will know. If there is nothing, then we won't know.

che

• Getbig V

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #519 on: May 20, 2011, 11:59:29 AM »
::)
Is english your first language?  What have I said that doesn't make sense to you?  "IF" there is a heaven we would find out when we die right?  If it doesn't exist, then we would just cease to exist.  So what part of us finding out the truth when we die do you not understand?

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #520 on: May 20, 2011, 12:02:09 PM »
Is english your first language?  What have I said that doesn't make sense to you?  "IF" there is a heaven we would find out when we die right?  If it doesn't exist, then we would just cease to exist.  So what part of us finding out the truth when we die do you not understand?

::)

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #521 on: May 20, 2011, 12:04:07 PM »
  We will all find out the truth when we die.  

funny quote, because this is precisely an artefact of a religious belief which is stored, recorded in your brain -and has been genetically transmited from countless generations to others- and reinforced by reading things about religion etc -acquired knowledge which reinforce alrdy stored at birth knowledges, thought patterns geneticalyl inherited from those who spawned you-. Do not forget anything that exists can only be the biological, genetical, physical or psychical sum of what has spawned it. A boy is the sum of physical traits coming from his father and mothers, but also has embeded in his brain behavioral patterns inherited from both mother, father, and grandparents and so on. It is an invisible process we still cannot explain. All of this is contained in our sperm and in the eggs of women. We follow, all life long, these mostly invisible patterns which are stored in our subconscious. We didnt choose any of these patterns. This is why you have men cheating on women , why you have women cheating on men, why you have people who seem to have it all yet have ''abnormal'' behaviors which sometimes erupts out of nowhere. These are in fact patterns embeded in their brains that happen to active themselves or are activated, triggered by some events in their lives. These are in fact strategies of survival, strategies selected by the process of natural selection of evolution. As long as religion ruled occident, it allowed people not to follow these subconscious patterns, repress them and follow rugles that apply to everyone in the society, for the benefit of the group. Now we have destroyed religion, the father figure, and that we sink into materialism we re destroying human relationships and we are atomizing each others.
This is why scientists say that as an human ages, if he s a boy he becomes more and more like his father, and if it s a girl, she becomes more and more like her mother. We are just the continuation of what precedes us and we keep selecting and evolving with for sole an only purpose to survive and reproduce.

Women and men select each others based on physical and psychological traits that might allow the offpsing obtained by breeding with them to have highest odds of survival. Emotions, feelings, are a construct of the process of evolution and natural selection.

When you say we will all find out the truth when we die, you re saying something that is deeply religious.

What if when we die, we do not ''understand'' anything? People say they see their life moving like a slideshow before their eyes at an incredible speed. But that's a bout it.

another certain event is that most people when they re dying start to stop caring about themselves knowing full well they re going to die, but start caring about... their offsprings or the people they loved, often their Mother -the initial source of attachment, love, survival-.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #522 on: May 20, 2011, 12:05:02 PM »
sorry you re the only retard i see here.

And, I wanted to add, religion came from evolution of our brain and selected strategies of survival, from the biological development of our brain ,  prefrontal lobes, neo cortex, thoughts, considering everything that we think about or do is in itslef a strategy of survival selected by evolution over millions of years -billions if you consider human come from mammals, who come from reptilian, who come from amphibians, who come from bacterias and so on.
Like everything that exists, even thought process, religion is a construct, the selection of informations over time, informations that allow a large number of people to survive, becaue allowing others to survive might allow you to survive if they have what you need to survive but do not posess. Our ancestors killed newborns to keep fucking females. At some point they figured it endangered the fate of the whole specie, so they started protecting the newborns. They also killed or ignored the weak ones, elders, while moving from an oasis to another. But at sopme point they figured that these old people with experience, once dead because nobody helped them survive, disapeared with their knowledges, knowlegdes wich could have been useful to the whole group - its survival-. So after trials, errors, selection, they decided to keep everyone, even the old and ill ones at all cost, just in case they could be of any use in the interest of the survival of the whole group.

Too long, didn't read it all. What I read is pure speculation.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #523 on: May 20, 2011, 12:10:47 PM »
As I stated earlier, I am proud to admit that I don't know what is out there.  People that claim to know either way are flat out wrong.  "Faith" is not fact!  I enjoy both sides of the arguement, knowing that none of us really know for sure.

Lord of the Roidz

• Getbig III
« Reply #524 on: May 20, 2011, 12:17:18 PM »
I used to doubt any existence of an afterlife untill  I picked up a crystal clear EVP of my closest friend several months after she had died. This was not some random static or garbled voice..she clearly responded to my question and I picked it up on a tape recorder. Since I have no other plausible explanation for picking up her voice, I am fairly certain there is some sort of life after death. I'm sure no one on here will belive me, but I honestly couldn't care less.