1) Train low reps, moderate reps, and high reps. Use all the energy systems. Not necessarily in each and every workout though.
2) Don`t train too long, 45 minutes to an hour is fine
3) Have a rep or two in you before ending most sets. Train hard, but don`t burn your body out.
4) Vary your exercises. Injury reduction, less joint pain.
5) No lifts behind the neck. Your shoulders will thank you.
6) No hack squats, bad for knees. Some people are not meant to squat, period. Test yourself with the bar and check your form.
7) Deload every 5th week, reduce volume and intensity for 2 weeks.
When you train correctly your appetite will rise, and your food will be used effectively. If you train wrong, your muscles will be flat regardless of nutrition.
9) Use intensity techniques sparingly. Sure stuff like supersets work, but too much of a good thing will throw you into reverse gear.
10) Work the forearms. It is the only thing fully showing most of the time
11) Beware of overhead lifts. If you do them keep the reps low, weight moderate and form perfect. Your back will thank you.