Author Topic: Wedding Gifts  (Read 1424 times)

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
Wedding Gifts
« on: October 10, 2006, 06:29:55 AM »
When you attend a wedding how much do you give the bride and groom?

-Same price of ticket in cash
or
-Gift from registry or Both

Where Im from if you have a job you ussually give them both but why do ppl from the south dont give anything ? My coworker was talking about his fiance's side of the family and how they are from the south and wouldnt give that much. Is this true ?
L

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: Wedding Gifts
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 06:45:17 AM »

What do you mean by ticket? 

And I'm not sure about people from the South but we tend to give cash (usually) instead of gifts from the registries because 1) I personally would prefer cash  2)  registries seem to always mess things up  3) we're lazy.

We tend to give $100.00 - $250.00 as a gift unless the wedding is super fancy in which case we try to spend as much or more on their gift as we assume they are spending to feed/entertain us.

For instance, the fanciest wedding I've ever been to we gave them a $600.00 crystal vase.  This wedding was so fancy, they had the cake flown in from New York and also had different lighting wired into the final reception area....I guess they thought the pre-reception reception area's lighting was acceptable.  :-\
R

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 06:53:50 AM »
What do you mean by ticket? 

Whatever the price per head cost...
L

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 06:56:29 AM »
When you attend a wedding how much do you give the bride and groom?

or
-Gift from registry or Both

Where Im from if you have a job you ussually give them both but why do ppl from the south dont give anything ? My coworker was talking about his fiance's side of the family and how they are from the south and wouldnt give that much. Is this true ?
You should put in at least enough to cover your plate if it is someone of less importance to you. Imediate family, you should put in more. Personally, I give 300 bucks for two people (150 per person). Respectable, yet not cheap. These weddings can add up especially if you have two or three per year. Sometimes I feel like an ATM machine for people at weddings.

PB