Author Topic: College Football Fans  (Read 28911 times)

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
Re: College Football Fans
« Reply #225 on: October 17, 2007, 12:26:19 PM »
She transfered to BC her Junior year ( said she was homesick, what a pussy)  ;)

Bro, alto of kids transfer back to school's closer to them. Most can't handle the academics or get home sick including athletes
D

body88

« Reply #226 on: October 17, 2007, 03:18:32 PM »
Bro, alto of kids transfer back to school's closer to them. Most can't handle the academics or get home sick including athletes

I was just kidding my friend. The woman is from New England originally. As for the academics part, I think transferring to BC would make things worse  ;)

I was a transfer student myself. When my athletic career ended I transfered to a different school.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #227 on: October 17, 2007, 03:38:35 PM »
I was just kidding my friend. The woman is from New England originally. As for the academics part, I think transferring to BC would make things worse  ;)

I was a transfer student myself. When my athletic career ended I transfered to a different school.

Where did you attend? I went to Michigan and seen alot of people transfer
D

body88

« Reply #228 on: October 17, 2007, 04:58:00 PM »
Where did you attend? I went to Michigan and seen alot of people transfer

Small school first. Transfered to BU to finish up.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #229 on: October 17, 2007, 05:43:07 PM »
I went Juco and did the same but i was glad to get the hell out of home....or i guess what i called home
D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #230 on: November 17, 2007, 11:50:33 AM »
SinCity where you at mang?   :)  Hawaii v. Boise this Friday.  Clash of the Titans.  :D  I'll be there screaming my head off.  Will be the biggest game in school history.  A lot of money at stake.  Good luck to you guys. 

body88

« Reply #231 on: November 17, 2007, 12:22:51 PM »
SinCity where you at mang?   :)  Hawaii v. Boise this Friday.  Clash of the Titans.  :D  I'll be there screaming my head off.  Will be the biggest game in school history.  A lot of money at stake.  Good luck to you guys. 

Beach... I am thinking the pats take a look at Colt this year. I think he could be had on day two and have a lot of future potential.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #232 on: November 17, 2007, 12:35:12 PM »
Les is coming to MICHIGAN...I hope he really did buy a house in Troy
D

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #233 on: November 17, 2007, 12:36:43 PM »
Les is coming to MICHIGAN...I hope he really did buy a house in Troy

WE JUST MADE MICH-IGAN OUR BITCH-AGAIN!!! 8) 8) 8)

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #234 on: November 17, 2007, 12:43:33 PM »
I hope Carr steps down as expected on Monday
D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #235 on: November 17, 2007, 01:02:47 PM »
Beach... I am thinking the pats take a look at Colt this year. I think he could be had on day two and have a lot of future potential.

Body there is no way Colt drops to the fourth round.  I think he'll be a first round pick.  Once he goes through the combine, Senior Bowl, individual workouts, and teams actually watch game film, he'll be either the first or one of the first QBs taken next year.  The kid really has no flaws.  He's one of the most accurate college QBs I've ever seen.

It would actually be nice to see him wind up in Miami so he could reunite with Samson Satele (C) and Reagan Mauia (FB).  I'd also like to see SF draft him if they didn't have so much invested in Alex Smith. 

body88

« Reply #236 on: November 17, 2007, 01:36:20 PM »
Body there is no way Colt drops to the fourth round.  I think he'll be a first round pick.  Once he goes through the combine, Senior Bowl, individual workouts, and teams actually watch game film, he'll be either the first or one of the first QBs taken next year.  The kid really has no flaws.  He's one of the most accurate college QBs I've ever seen.

It would actually be nice to see him wind up in Miami so he could reunite with Samson Satele (C) and Reagan Mauia (FB).  I'd also like to see SF draft him if they didn't have so much invested in Alex Smith. 

I think colt goes in the third. Pos second round. I dont think Colt will be a first rounder. Although I will take your word for it as you watch him more then I do. Do you think his lack of time playing top college competition week in and week out will hurt him?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #237 on: November 17, 2007, 07:38:01 PM »
I think colt goes in the third. Pos second round. I dont think Colt will be a first rounder. Although I will take your word for it as you watch him more then I do. Do you think his lack of time playing top college competition week in and week out will hurt him?

I've seen all of his games at UH.  He's terrific. 

I don't think playing in the WAC will hurt him at all.  Just like playing against "lesser" competition didn't hurt Roethlisberger, Pennington, Leftwich, Romo, Alex Smith, and many others.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #238 on: November 18, 2007, 03:39:08 PM »

WHoever wins takes the Wac title, the bid to the bowl, and I wouldn't doubt a top ten ranking! Good luck to you guys as well, the game is going to be fucking wild that is for sure, enjoy I believe we have you guys next year. I hope you guys play like you did without colt at Nevada. The same way you will play us with Colt. Or he can exit the game early on for all I care. It should be a good game, I got BSU of course!!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #239 on: November 18, 2007, 04:45:33 PM »

WHoever wins takes the Wac title, the bid to the bowl, and I wouldn't doubt a top ten ranking! Good luck to you guys as well, the game is going to be fucking wild that is for sure, enjoy I believe we have you guys next year. I hope you guys play like you did without colt at Nevada. The same way you will play us with Colt. Or he can exit the game early on for all I care. It should be a good game, I got BSU of course!!!!!

If we beat Boise, we still have to beat UW the following week to get the BCS bid.  Is this Boise's last game?   

I like our chances against you guys.  We came close two years ago with a pretty average team and almost beat you guys at Boise last year.  Can't wait for Friday. 

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #240 on: November 18, 2007, 09:30:51 PM »
If we beat Boise, we still have to beat UW the following week to get the BCS bid.  Is this Boise's last game?   

I like our chances against you guys.  We came close two years ago with a pretty average team and almost beat you guys at Boise last year.  Can't wait for Friday. 

I am pretty sure this is our last game. Almost positive. Yeah If you guys beat us I hope you beat UW so you get the bid. If we beat you I could care less who wins, I'll be to busy wondering who BSU will play next. It will be a damn good game and I'll be in Vegas for it, so you know I have to check the line and put some money down.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #241 on: November 24, 2007, 11:19:21 AM »
First I want give props to Boise.  Great team.  Great program.  Second, I want to say: "Yeah Baby!"  A. Powers.   :)

Tremendous game.  Very well played and well executed on both sides.  Colt showed why he is the best player in the country last night.  A few poor throws, but he was on the money most of the game.  He was throwing strikes all over the field: 40-53 for 495, 5 TDs, 2 INTs, 1 rushing TD.  The NCAA career TD leader after only three seasons.  Actually, he missed the equivalent of more than two games last year, because he was pulled in blowout wins and he missed about 3-4 games this year due to injury and blowouts.  That makes his TD record even more remarkable.

I read that UH has won 21 out of its last 22?  Pretty impressive, especially considering we could have beaten all three teams who beat us last year:  Alabama, Boise, and Oregon State.

We have the best WR group in the nation.  Both Rivers and Bess will get drafted in 08.  Grice-Mullins might too if he comes out.  C.J. Hawthorne is solid.  I don't think he has dropped a pass all season.  No defense can cover all four of them.

I thought the Bess penalty was a bad call (for diving into the end zone).  It was close, but they shouldn't have thrown the flag.  Still, this was the best officiated game at UH this season.  The refs really stunk this year.

Our D was solid again.  Did you see the Blaze Soares hit on Avery?  That might have been my favorite play of the game.  Soares is a beast.

I'm exhausted.  The stadium will be bananas again next week.  I'm stoked.   :)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #242 on: November 26, 2007, 10:16:00 PM »
First I want give props to Boise.  Great team.  Great program.  Second, I want to say: "Yeah Baby!"  A. Powers.   :)

Tremendous game.  Very well played and well executed on both sides.  Colt showed why he is the best player in the country last night.  A few poor throws, but he was on the money most of the game.  He was throwing strikes all over the field: 40-53 for 495, 5 TDs, 2 INTs, 1 rushing TD.  The NCAA career TD leader after only three seasons.  Actually, he missed the equivalent of more than two games last year, because he was pulled in blowout wins and he missed about 3-4 games this year due to injury and blowouts.  That makes his TD record even more remarkable.

I read that UH has won 21 out of its last 22?  Pretty impressive, especially considering we could have beaten all three teams who beat us last year:  Alabama, Boise, and Oregon State.

We have the best WR group in the nation.  Both Rivers and Bess will get drafted in 08.  Grice-Mullins might too if he comes out.  C.J. Hawthorne is solid.  I don't think he has dropped a pass all season.  No defense can cover all four of them.

I thought the Bess penalty was a bad call (for diving into the end zone).  It was close, but they shouldn't have thrown the flag.  Still, this was the best officiated game at UH this season.  The refs really stunk this year.

Our D was solid again.  Did you see the Blaze Soares hit on Avery?  That might have been my favorite play of the game.  Soares is a beast.

I'm exhausted.  The stadium will be bananas again next week.  I'm stoked.   :)

Damn yeah your team took mine down this year.. FUCK, well best of luck to you guys this week. I hope that you kill wash. that way you guys get into the Sugar bowl. It will be a good game, I don't htink that they can fuck with UH's offense. you guys have a fucking great team of WR's. Which does make me wonder how COlt would do at a team without the line he has and the WR squad he has.. Not taking anything away from the kid, but I believe this is the big talk in the scout circle. Kind of like old Lienhart. People have learned from the QB surronded by the complete team. I think that Tharp would be decent with the squad that Colt has. Okay I am being a little bitter but it does make a litttle sense. Congrats to your team again. Next year we trash you guys by 20 points though without your squad from this year.. I know that we have a decent squad of recruits this year...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #243 on: November 27, 2007, 10:03:04 AM »

Damn yeah your team took mine down this year.. FUCK, well best of luck to you guys this week. I hope that you kill wash. that way you guys get into the Sugar bowl. It will be a good game, I don't htink that they can fuck with UH's offense. you guys have a fucking great team of WR's. Which does make me wonder how COlt would do at a team without the line he has and the WR squad he has.. Not taking anything away from the kid, but I believe this is the big talk in the scout circle. Kind of like old Lienhart. People have learned from the QB surronded by the complete team. I think that Tharp would be decent with the squad that Colt has. Okay I am being a little bitter but it does make a litttle sense. Congrats to your team again. Next year we trash you guys by 20 points though without your squad from this year.. I know that we have a decent squad of recruits this year...

Actually, our offensive line stinks this year.  Three of our 06 starters on the O-line are in the NFL.  We give up way too much heat from a four man rush.  It's embarrassing sometimes.  Also, our running game has been very average.  No one replaced Nate Ilaoa.  It is true that our WRs are awesome, but that really has nothing to do with the fact Colt puts the ball on the money, time after time, like no other QB in the nation. 

We recruited Tharp at one point.  He's a good player. 

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #244 on: November 28, 2007, 08:39:02 AM »
Let's all show Oklahoma some love 8)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #245 on: December 02, 2007, 10:57:29 AM »
Another outstanding effort by the UH Warriors.  Colt Brennan was masterful again:  42 for 50 for 442 yards, 5 TDs, 0 INTs (1 fumble).  At one point he completed 20 passes in a row.  He threw one bad pass all night.  Threw the game winning TD with 44 seconds left in the game.

The first quarter was Murphy's Law. Probably the worst quarter of football I've seen in the June Jones era. Gave up a huge kickoff return. Flagged on 4th and 4 after stopping them on the first drive.  Three fumbles in the first quarter.  It was an absolute nightmare. Crowd was stunned.

But we scored 21 in the second.  Outscored them 35-7 through three, 14-0 in the fourth, and shut them out in the second half.

That Jake Locker is the fastest QB I've seen at Aloha Stadium.  Just insane that a QB that big can run that fast.  I heard someone say Pete Carroll called him the most painful recruiting loss since he has been at USC.

WR Jason Rivers was big . . . again in a big game. Here is what he has done in his four-year career in big games:

- Last night: 14 for 167, 4 TDs.

- In last season's Sheraton Hawaii Bowl victory, 14 for an NCAA record 308, 2 TDs.

- As a sophomore, 11 for 148, 1 TD in the Hawaii Bowl win in 2004.

- As a freshman, 7 for 143, 3 TDs in the Hawaii Bowl victory in 2003.

This kid can play.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: December 08, 2007, 01:50:06 AM »
Props to Bess.  He's coming out.

Three Named to Walter Camp All-America Second-Team               Release: 12/07/2007

The WAC had three players earn second-team All-America honors as selected by the Walter Camp Football Foundation: Boise State offensive linemane Ryan Clady, Hawai‘i wide receiver Davone Bess and Utah State kick returner Kevin Robinson.

Clady, a junior from Rialto, Calif. (Eisenhower HS), was once again the anchor of a Bronco offensive line which led one of the top offenses in the country this year.  Boise State ranked among the top 10 in three of the five team statistical categories including fifth in scoring offense with a 42.75 points-per-game average, sixth in passing efficiency with a rating of 155.87, and ninth in total offense averaging 475.67 yards per game. 

Bess, a junior, has caught 101 passes for 1,213 yards and 12 touchdowns.  He leads the WAC and is fifth nationally in receptions per game with 8.42.  Bess is the WAC's all-time leader in receptions with 286 and has 41 receiving touchdowns in his career, one shy of tying the WAC record.  Bess has one more game left this season when Hawai‘i takes on Georgia on Jan. 1 in the Allstate Sugar Bowl in New Orleans.

. . .

http://www.wacsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10100&ATCLID=1349732

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #247 on: December 11, 2007, 10:15:16 AM »
UH guard Hercules Satele gets a first team AA honor.  http://starbulletin.com/2007/12/11/sports/story01.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #248 on: December 17, 2007, 07:51:37 AM »

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #249 on: December 17, 2007, 01:58:39 PM »
Looks like Michigan got themselves a coach ;D