Author Topic: Pavol Jablonicky  (Read 8702 times)

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
Re: Pavol Jablonicky
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2006, 02:51:51 PM »
it always was. Pavol seemed to live a somewhat quiet career. a guy who is always there but i hate to use the word but forgotten. when ever he did appear in a magazine and had an article or interview i always enjoyed reading it.

Thing is, he was overlooked all the time, as a lot of guys were.

Think about this; he competed in probably the toughest and most competitive bbing era. With guys like Ronnie, Flex, Yates, Ray, Levrone, et cetera. Now imagine trying to place well and trying to keep yourself in the headlines with those names in front of you? Tough to do, regardless of how good Pavol was. I think the same thing hapenned to Milos. He was a victim of the same era.
HAHA, RON.....

jem123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2006, 02:52:22 PM »
I Remember Flex Wheeler saying how much he admired Pavol. He had a graininess to his physique that was not unlike dorian. Suffered because of lack of exposure.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2006, 02:54:11 PM »
Thing is, he was overlooked all the time, as a lot of guys were.

Think about this; he competed in probably the toughest and most competitive bbing era. With guys like Ronnie, Flex, Yates, Ray, Levrone, et cetera. Now imagine trying to place well and trying to keep yourself in the headlines with those names in front of you? Tough to do, regardless of how good Pavol was. I think the same thing hapenned to Milos. He was a victim of the same era.
yes very true he was competing in era of elites. but why couldn't he be one of them?? Ray was.
bodybuildersreality.com

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2006, 02:54:15 PM »
I Remember Flex Wheeler saying how much he admired Pavol. He had a graininess to his physique that was not unlike dorian. Suffered because of lack of exposure.

Right.

That's just it. He wasn't a "name", so he was often overlooked. But the guy was very consistent, and always had great conditioning.
HAHA, RON.....

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2006, 02:55:50 PM »
yes very true he was competing in era of elites. but why couldn't he be one of them?? Ray was.

Well, a judge would have to answer that for you. Cause all I can think of is, lack of exposure, not being a "name". Maybe even politics.
HAHA, RON.....

Robbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2006, 06:12:56 PM »
Now that's what a Mr Olympia should look like.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2006, 06:31:47 PM »
Pavol didn't suffer from a lack of exposure, certainly was never placed lower due to "politics", or any other reason, except the obvious:

His problem was (and IS) that he cant display his physique worth a damn...not unlike Dillett. His mandatory poses are horrendous and awkward...his conditioning for the most part, is spot on, and he carried as much muscle as anyone pound for pound.

Unfortunately for him, you can only be judged on what you can show.

Old-Skool

• Getbig III
  • Back in the Day....
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2006, 06:34:28 PM »
Isnt it refreshing to look at a pro physique, and go "Damn, I'd love to look like that!" Take one look at this physique and tell me lightweights like Darrem Charles should 'dance' place higher than this thick tank. PPLLLEEEAASSSEEE.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2006, 06:36:25 PM »
Isnt it refreshing to look at a pro physique, and go "Damn, I'd love to look like that!" Take one look at this physique and tell me lightweights like Darrem Charles should 'dance' place higher than this thick tank. PPLLLEEEAASSSEEE.
yes it is!
bodybuildersreality.com

Robbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2006, 07:22:06 PM »

Agreed!

sammy1980

• Getbig II
  • congrats to the new mr o: melvin anthony
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2006, 05:13:10 AM »
jablonicky is way better than the current so called mr olympia...

i wonder what training split he uses , not that it matters lol ( ::) )..but would be fun to know

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2006, 05:30:20 AM »
Pavol didn't suffer from a lack of exposure, certainly was never placed lower due to "politics", or any other reason, except the obvious:

His problem was (and IS) that he cant display his physique worth a damn...not unlike Dillett. His mandatory poses are horrendous and awkward...his conditioning for the most part, is spot on, and he carried as much muscle as anyone pound for pound.

Still, great physique - better than you fo sho anyway! ;D
Team Goodrum!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2006, 11:55:13 AM »

Wrong, the only reason he doesn't place high is his height.  His appearance is exactly what people like and what the BB should look like.  He is very well muscled and great lines yet not overly muscled like the guys like Cutler, Coleman Ruls and others. 

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2006, 11:56:29 AM »
jablonicky is way better than the current so called mr olympia...

i wonder what training split he uses , not that it matters lol ( ::) )..but would be fun to know
exactly why he should have been featured more in mags.
bodybuildersreality.com

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2006, 10:16:20 AM »

I'm not one for defending Chick....except for when he's right.

Pavol can't pose for shit.  Have you ever seen him pose a rear lat?