Author Topic: Where would you rather go: Brazil or Thailand?  (Read 3927 times)

tom joad

• Getbig V
Re: Where would you rather go: Brazil or Thailand?
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2006, 08:18:16 AM »
My heart says BRAZIL but the one thing that makes me pause and reconsider is my lack of language skills.  I'm (sadly) unilingual. English-speaking only.  And I think that to really soak up the Brazilian experience i'd have to know some Brazilian Portuguese (or at least some Spanish.)  But i'm not a language guy.  (My ears are shot.)  So I see Thailand as a "safer" choice just because it's such a popular backpacker's destination for Americans, Canadians, Aussies and Brits that communication will not be as much of an issue.  I guess if i'm traveling with a "wingman" (haha) then it'll be Brazil, but if i'm goin' solo then I might chicken out and choose Thailand.   

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2006, 08:50:57 AM »
My heart says BRAZIL but the one thing that makes me pause and reconsider is my lack of language skills.  I'm (sadly) unilingual. English-speaking only.  And I think that to really soak up the Brazilian experience i'd have to know some Brazilian Portuguese (or at least some Spanish.)  But i'm not a language guy.  (My ears are shot.)  So I see Thailand as a "safer" choice just because it's such a popular backpacker's destination for Americans, Canadians, Aussies and Brits that communication will not be as much of an issue.  I guess if i'm traveling with a "wingman" (haha) then it'll be Brazil, but if i'm goin' solo then I might chicken out and choose Thailand.   

Well, when you decide to go to Brazil, take me with you.............
HAHA, RON.....

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2006, 10:22:35 AM »
What the fuck let's all go to Brazil and party like there's no tomorrow.  :D

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2006, 08:03:29 PM »
What the f**k let's all go to Brazil and party like there's no tomorrow.  :D

I hear that!
HAHA, RON.....

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2006, 08:16:43 PM »
You're not going to have a problem using English in Brazil.  They learn it in school.  They also learn it in Thailand but it's not uncommon to run into somone who does not speak English in Thailand.  But as far as all the major city, living, shopping all that, no problems. 

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2006, 08:31:17 PM »
You're not going to have a problem using English in Brazil.  They learn it in school.  They also learn it in Thailand but it's not uncommon to run into somone who does not speak English in Thailand.  But as far as all the major city, living, shopping all that, no problems. 

As long as I can say "pussy" in either language, I'll be okay............ ;D
HAHA, RON.....