Author Topic: Franklin got F'd up!  (Read 11400 times)

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
Re: Franklin got F'd up!
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2006, 01:18:34 PM »
i can see Dana pushing him high now, he just wiped his arse with one of his under paid poster boys!Rich will get a rematch, but i dont see that ending any differently. The clinch had him beaten as soon as it was applied
Scouser on Tour

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2006, 01:32:27 PM »
i can see Dana pushing him high now, he just wiped his arse with one of his under paid poster boys!Rich will get a rematch, but i don't see that ending any differently. The clinch had him beaten as soon as it was applied

I agree. I can see Dana doing this. I can also see the re-match being a total destruction also. Wouldn't be surprised if Rich is like, "man I'm going to need about 6 months train for this guy!" ;)

Yeah and what was up with that clinch? Man it was like a damn vice or something that totally demoralized Rich or something. It was as if Rich said to himself "oh sh*t, I trained for everything else but this...DAMN now what do I do?"

I don't know Thai skills to breakdown how that move would shut a man down to speak intelligently on it, but damn it didn't look any different than a reg. Thai clinch I seen before. ???

Those knees silva landed are hurting my ribs still.  ;D

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • GETBIGS MINISTER OF SEXUAL HEALTH
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2006, 01:42:13 PM »
If Rich could not tell from the Leben showing that Silva was an absolute master in the clinch and surely he saw other fights then like i said before he let his ego get the better of him.

People have touted him as the best,, saying he is better than Hendo etc, and I have to say i thought he was the best middleweight.

But to fight Silva's fight and that was express intention is real really dumb!! thats where great fighters are proven against the styles that don't suit but the gameplan nullifies the opponents attacks!!

Rich Franklin, see Emelianenko, Fedor!!!! And how he changes gameplans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ta ta
Pm me for STI advice @ NO COST

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2006, 02:37:28 PM »
just go's to show you that the stand up clinch is a dangerous thing to be caught in....Silva had that neck of franklin's in a vice grip.... I laughed at Franklins nose.... and my wife slapped me in the arm pretty hard....she's a fan...... bad night for her.... but has anyone heard if he had any other injuries...... its a good thing it ended when it did he couldve had some beat up ribs had it gone any longer.....as if they already werent beat up...

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2006, 03:02:08 PM »
check out his KO of Tony Fryklund, very impressive use of the elbow! As a striker he is a MW Chuck Liddell, submissions is his only real weakness

He is NOT a middleweight Chuck Liddell!  First, he is not known for being a one punch KO puncher, Second, he doesen't need to cheat by thumbing people when things aren't going his way, and finally he is accurate with everything he throws.  Chuck just uses his looping punches to KO people, Anderson uses his combination punching, knees, kicks, and elbows.  Plus, Andersons ground game is vastly improved since his loss to Chonan, I saw a video of him holding his own against Rogerio in training not to long ago. 
Predictions
 40/61

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2006, 03:03:54 PM »
i can see Dana pushing him high now, he just wiped his arse with one of his under paid poster boys!Rich will get a rematch, but i dont see that ending any differently. The clinch had him beaten as soon as it was applied

That's funny, not too long ago I remember you saying Rich was the best striker in the MW division and that he would kill Anderson.
Predictions
 40/61

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2006, 03:49:27 PM »
i honestly thought Rich was, but seeing him taken apart like that has shown EVERYONE that he has a shitload of weaknesses against pedigree fighters. I still cant believe how easily he was beaten down - the guy who has supposed to be untouchable at 185! Anderson has made me a true believer.

I never compared him against Chucks power, it was in regards to his striking ability. Chuck may look like he just swings, but he has an unique way of getting it done. He looks ragged sometimes but he hits what hes looking at, as does Silva.

I cant see Rich coming back from this one, how can he improve himself enough to get passed that? Its like a new kid joining a school and embarrassing the hardest lad in the yard. His self belief must be in pieces
Scouser on Tour

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2006, 04:20:58 PM »
I cant see Rich coming back from this one, how can he improve himself enough to get passed that? Its like a new kid joining a school and embarrassing the hardest lad in the yard. His self belief must be in pieces

I was thinking that as I watched "the beatdown" in progress. Monster DEMORALIZATION would not be out of question here. Not exactly having to go back to the drawing board, but he definitely will need to ground Silva in the rematch....fk standing up with that freak man. LOL

Me and my wife ended up ordering the fight because she saw the pre-fight deal thingy a few days before the fight, and she was like "the guy from Brazil is going to KILL HIM!" I was like "yeah he's got some skillz ,but Rich is no push over just because he looks like ace Ventura!"

My man got ROLLED! HARD!  ;D

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2006, 04:37:34 PM »
Rich can take it to the ground, but i dont think hes going to be in a better position at all. Silva is shit hot on the ground too, my guess is that Rich has found someone whom he just cant beat. Much like Ken did when he fought Tito, or Tito did when he came up against Randy. There is always someone you cant beat - Fedor has still got to find him but im sure hes out there somewhere!  ;D

Rich's ONLY option after this is to train hard for a ground fight and improve on every aspect of his ground game. It was like watching Tito try to stand against Chuck - you knew it was never going to happen. As i said, Silva has never been KO'd but he has been submitted twice. If theres a way for Rich to do it , then submission is his only option. Saying that if he's going to take the rematch then he has to be 100% sure within himself he can win - if he isnt then he has already lost the fight and he could be seriously hurt
Scouser on Tour

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2006, 04:50:27 PM »
Rich's ONLY option after this is to train hard for a ground fight and improve on every aspect of his ground game. It was like watching Tito try to stand against Chuck - you knew it was never going to happen. As i said, Silva has never been KO'd but he has been submitted twice. If theres a way for Rich to do it , then submission is his only option. Saying that if he's going to take the rematch then he has to be 100% sure within himself he can win - if he isn't then he has already lost the fight and he could be seriously hurt

I agree! He is really going to have to WANT it because this does look like the guy that has his number (by domination). Rich is going to have to want this for himself. Not money, not for revenge, not because his fans..none of that. He is going to have to want this for himself because man you could just see the look of defeat in his eyes man as if to say WTF? Broke him down physically and mentally I bet.

I'd rather get KTFO first then systematically taken apart anyday. At least I can LIE TO MYSELF and say "he got lucky" and be mentally focused going into a rematch ONLY to get my a$$ systematically dissected the second time around if I really was lying to myself. LOL  ;D 

I wonder if Rich has ordered him a new set of RIBS from ebay after Silva destroyed his old set.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2006, 05:06:50 PM »

I wonder if Rich has ordered him a new set of RIBS from ebay after Silva destroyed his old set.

the funniest thing ive read today right there! ha ha
Scouser on Tour

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
  • From the outside looking in you cant understand it
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2006, 06:46:57 PM »
don't these fighters have people in the 'camp' that scout the opposition? you'd think rich franklin was smarter than to want to trade with silva in the clinch.

who does franklin train with? a group of fighters or a bunch of 'yes' men?
Go Big Red!!!

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2006, 08:22:02 PM »
I'll bet all the guys from this seasons TUF show were loving Rich getting his ass beat. No one liked him. ( Franklin) I actually felt that Rich knew he wasn't as good as any of the guys on the show so that's why he had no advice to give. He wasn't being a dick, It seemed he felt he was not much better than these comeback guys. It showed the other night. No confidence !!!

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2006, 08:23:55 PM »
other than sad i cant think of any words to describe a middleweight champion who cant escape the clinch, and who just sat there on the fence waiting to be knocked out after he lost his heart

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2006, 08:44:36 PM »
Maybe Rich should have started the fight down on one knee... ;D

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2006, 08:53:50 PM »
either that or learn how to do something other than smother people on his feet. he is kind of like wanderlei in that his standup will beat 95% of the division, but really isnt much more than bullying people on the inside

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2006, 11:22:31 PM »
It looks ike he found someone to "throw hands with"

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2006, 11:52:42 PM »
Rich can take it to the ground, but i dont think hes going to be in a better position at all. Silva is shit hot on the ground too, my guess is that Rich has found someone whom he just cant beat.

Agreed.

Having recently watched everything of Silva I could find on YouTube, he's is a dangerous striker from any position.

Jeremy Horn came with a "take it to the ground" gameplan and got a pretty thorough beating. I don't see a different result for Rich.

The only way I see Silva losing would be some super strong wrestler with killer takedowns getting Silva on the ground, staying really tight while executing a ground and pound gameplan.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2006, 02:01:57 AM »
Agreed.

Having recently watched everything of Silva I could find on YouTube, he's is a dangerous striker from any position.

Jeremy Horn came with a "take it to the ground" gameplan and got a pretty thorough beating. I don't see a different result for Rich.

The only way I see Silva losing would be some super strong wrestler with killer takedowns getting Silva on the ground, staying really tight while executing a ground and pound gameplan.

He better study how to extracate himself from the plum.  Agree with Chute Boxe, Anderson isn't a one punch wonder, but he has good footwork, decent head movement, and pin point accuracy.  His BJJ has gotten MUCH better, so taking him to the ground doesn't neccesitate a lay and pray decision.  If Rich is to beat him, he'd better call Fredrico Rudimar. 

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2006, 10:16:18 AM »
Anyone have any pics of his fooked up nose.  It looked pretty bad...
w

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2006, 06:12:46 PM »
Anyone have any pics of his fooked up nose.  It looked pretty bad...

Q

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2006, 06:24:01 PM »
I'll bet all the guys from this seasons TUF show were loving Rich getting his ass beat. No one liked him. ( Franklin) I actually felt that Rich knew he wasn't as good as any of the guys on the show so that's why he had no advice to give. He wasn't being a dick, It seemed he felt he was not much better than these comeback guys. It showed the other night. No confidence !!!

You are a moron.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2006, 07:34:25 PM »

That's not that bad, I'm assuming that could be straightened out relatively quickly. Although without a local it would probably be painful.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2006, 08:19:21 PM »
Yeah, it's not as bad as I first thought.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2006, 10:30:39 AM »
You are a moron.

we'll take your word on this one because you are the resident TUF expert ;D

E
E