Author Topic: The Arizona Cardinals are a bunch of idiots lol  (Read 4073 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: The Arizona Cardinals are a bunch of idiots lol
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2006, 06:40:51 AM »
Based on Dennis Green's reaction in the post-game press conference, I'd say we haven't seen the last of Arizona.  Leinhart is only going to get better. 
His reaction's more likely due to the fact that this has already happened several times this season, this time at home with a national audience. With the QB situation now resolved the blame resides squarely on him now with no other viable excuses.

body88

E
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2006, 07:23:24 AM »
Gotta admit though body88, to win with the defense and not the offense IMO is more impressive. Grossman had a bad night and everyone knew it was coming. He played bad and got worse. But even if you win ugly in the NFL it's still a win.

I'm glad the Cards lost though. This way they are still in the bottom of the division. ;D

I agree. I do think Chicago has a VERY good defense. I also think the bears where handed that game by Arizona more than them forcing turnovers while the cardinals where playing tough.But to the bears credit all great teams have a "bad night " from time to time. Like salsberry (spelling) said this was a wakeup call for the bears and will only strengthen them. I think they where starting to believe there own hype a bit.A win is a win like you said. Congrats to the bears. They have a very complete team when Rex is playing well.

I stick to my statement tho. Denver is a better team than Chicago imo.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2006, 09:48:08 AM »
urlacher is overrated, probably because he's white

old and fat jerome bettis ran him over like a girl last year

E
E

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2006, 12:46:27 PM »
Over-rated's not unusual in Chicago.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2006, 12:55:57 PM »
Over-rated's not unusual in Chicago.

Perhaps you can name a few other Chicago Over-rateds?

body88

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2006, 01:00:54 PM »
Chicago is very good team this year. But those comparing them to the 85 bears need to get there skulls checked. They proved they are no where close to that beast of a team last night.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2006, 01:04:25 PM »

E

I wonder how many overrated LBs have 18 tackles and a forced fumble in a game?  I think he's arguably the best LB in the league behind a healthy Ray Lewis.  I rank Lewis first because he's black . . . .   

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2006, 01:10:32 PM »
I wonder how many overrated LBs have 18 tackles and a forced fumble in a game?  I think he's arguably the best LB in the league behind a healthy Ray Lewis.  I rank Lewis first because he's black . . . .   

lol

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2006, 01:11:33 PM »

E

Ulacher is awesome..............   but so is Bettis. still , other than ray lewis who else who you rahter have in the middle besides Ulacher?

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2006, 03:34:31 PM »

E
Too bad Bettis retired, Steelers could use him. :D

body88

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2006, 03:36:54 PM »
Ray Lewis is a special player. Not only is he a beast, he has the ability to get his whole defense to raise there game. His emotion is pretty amazing.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2006, 03:40:02 PM »
Ray Lewis is a special player. Not only is he a beast, he has the ability to get his whole defense to raise there game. His emotion is pretty amazing.

He gets REALLY emotional when he is out clubbing with his buddies.
E

body88

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2006, 03:49:08 PM »
He gets REALLY emotional when he is out clubbing with his buddies.

;)

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2006, 06:41:32 PM »
Perhaps you can name a few other Chicago Over-rateds?
Singletary was never the best MLB but thanks to the hype he got in the hall earlier than others at least as deserving.

The '85 defense was over-rated in some respects, considering that most weren't hof guys. They usually lost to good passing teams like Miami and SF, which most overlook. Too bad Miami hadn't gotten back in the following year they'd probably have beaten them.  ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2006, 06:52:15 PM »
"Mike Singletary, was a second-round draft pick of the Chicago Bears in the 1981 NFL Draft and the 38th player selected overall. The only college junior to be selected to the All-SWC Team of the 1970s, Singletary earned All-America honors in both his junior and senior years at Baylor, where he averaged 15 tackles per game and established a team record with 232 tackles in 1978.

Singletary became a starter in the Bears lineup in the seventh game of his rookie season. In a game against the Kansas City Chiefs, his third as a starter, Singletary put on a remarkable defensive performance recording 10 tackles and forcing a fumble. A nearly unanimous all-rookie selection, Singletary went on to start 172 games for the Bears during his 12-year career, which is the second most in club history.

An intense player, Mike finished as the Bears’ first or second leading tackler each of his last 11 seasons. He amassed an impressive 1,488 career tackles, 885 of which were solo efforts. A constant force on defense, he missed playing just two games, both in 1986.

In a game against the Denver Broncos in 1990 he had a personal-best performance when he recorded 10 solo tackles and 10 assists. Selected to play in a team record 10 Pro Bowls, Singletary was All-Pro eight times, and All-NFC every year from 1983 until 1991.

The NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 1985 and 1988, Mike was the cornerstone of the Bears’ innovative 46-defense. In 1985, he led a Bears’ defense that allowed fewer than 11 points per game, as the team posted an impressive 15-1 record. He had 13 tackles and a sack in the playoffs leading up to the Bears’ 46-10 defeat of the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XX. The Bears’ league-leading defense held the Patriots to a record low seven yards rushing, while the hard-charging Singletary contributed with two fumble recoveries."

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.jsp?player_id=196

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2006, 07:25:51 PM »
"Mike Singletary, was a second-round draft pick of the Chicago Bears in the 1981 NFL Draft and the 38th player selected overall. The only college junior to be selected to the All-SWC Team of the 1970s, Singletary earned All-America honors in both his junior and senior years at Baylor, where he averaged 15 tackles per game and established a team record with 232 tackles in 1978.

Singletary became a starter in the Bears lineup in the seventh game of his rookie season. In a game against the Kansas City Chiefs, his third as a starter, Singletary put on a remarkable defensive performance recording 10 tackles and forcing a fumble. A nearly unanimous all-rookie selection, Singletary went on to start 172 games for the Bears during his 12-year career, which is the second most in club history.

An intense player, Mike finished as the Bears’ first or second leading tackler each of his last 11 seasons. He amassed an impressive 1,488 career tackles, 885 of which were solo efforts. A constant force on defense, he missed playing just two games, both in 1986.

In a game against the Denver Broncos in 1990 he had a personal-best performance when he recorded 10 solo tackles and 10 assists. Selected to play in a team record 10 Pro Bowls, Singletary was All-Pro eight times, and All-NFC every year from 1983 until 1991.

The NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 1985 and 1988, Mike was the cornerstone of the Bears’ innovative 46-defense. In 1985, he led a Bears’ defense that allowed fewer than 11 points per game, as the team posted an impressive 15-1 record. He had 13 tackles and a sack in the playoffs leading up to the Bears’ 46-10 defeat of the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XX. The Bears’ league-leading defense held the Patriots to a record low seven yards rushing, while the hard-charging Singletary contributed with two fumble recoveries."

Who else matches a career like his pumpster?

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2006, 07:30:03 PM »
the 85 bears "usually" lost to good passing teams.....they lost 1 effin game all year.  that makes no sense
Valhalla awaits.

body88

« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2006, 07:37:39 PM »
the 85 bears "usually" lost to good passing teams.....they lost 1 effin game all year.  that makes no sense

The 85 Bears would maul the Bears of 06!

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2006, 09:11:40 PM »
They lost to the league's best passing teams but lucked out in playing easy marks in the '85 playoffs. Miami beat them that year as i expected they would, SF won the preceeding playoff playing basically the same defence. Deal with it, they got away without having a great cover defensive backfield because of pressure up front & generally inferior passing teams in the playoffs. The secondary was tough, which fooled superficial fans like you guys who can't tell the difference.  ;)

Of the great defenses, Chicago's was also the least intelligent. Since then, i've never seen guys on the other great defences who remain as pompous decades later either.

If that defence was really as good as hyped, there'd be a lot more hof players on it. Hardly any. hahahaahahahahahahha

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2006, 09:12:39 PM »
Quote from: Beach Bum on October 17, 2006, 09:52:15 PM

Who else matches a career like his pumpster?

I'm not going to waste time on this because you guys are the poster-children for close-minded, doing nothing more than posting old bios.

Some veteran NFL coaches have acknowledged what i've said in interviews, even as you guys the "experts", remain unaware. You guys can for the first time figure it out for yourselves. hahaahahahahahahahahah

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
  • From the outside looking in you cant understand it
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2006, 10:20:10 PM »
They are controlling the bears all game. Only to blow it in typical Cardinals fashion. Then botch the field goal!!! The bears showed tonight they are not as tough as they are  touted to be imo. They are lucky they have that defense. Grossman melted down big time tonight.

Cardinals fans must be having heart attacks all over the place tonight lol..

the cardinals have fans?

i loved the monday night announcers 'cheering' for matt leinart and then asking themselves if it was okay. and then pronouncing him as arrived after throwing for 240 yards in a loss.
Go Big Red!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2006, 10:47:37 PM »
I'm not going to waste time on this because you guys are the poster-children for close-minded, doing nothing more than posting old bios.

Some veteran NFL coaches have acknowledged what i've said in interviews, even as you guys the "experts", remain unaware. You guys can for the first time figure it out for yourselves. hahaahahahahahahahahah

Perhaps we just have different opinions?  I saw him play a lot and he was one of the most dominating, intimidating LBs I've ever seen.  I'd put him in the same category with Ronnie Lott, Steve Atwater, and Ray Lewis as players who were/are a huge presence on defense, able to intimidate opponents, and were very productive. 

I've never heard a single NFL coach say "Singletary was never the best MLB but thanks to the hype he got in the hall earlier than others at least as deserving."  Or anything similar. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2006, 08:34:13 AM »

Some veteran NFL coaches have acknowledged what I've said in interviews, even as you guys the "experts", remain unaware. You guys can for the first time figure it out for yourselves. hahaahahahahahahahahah

Typical Pumster M.O., resort to throwing insults when someone doesn't agree with your negative base-less crap. 

Mike was a great middleline backer who made it to the Hall-of-Fame in his first year of eligibility.  If he made it 20 years later then it might be said he was  over rated.  But you have to be a straight up stud to make it in your first year and he did.

Is this like the time you when on about Tiger Woods being erratic Pumpster?  Or Doug Flutie is a top NFL quarterback thing? 

You should join a therapy group.  I'm sure there is one in your town called:  "I keep looking like a dumb jack ass"

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2006, 09:08:19 AM »
Haha Indy has no running game/defense. I was just watching espn and they said the bears made one of the most remarkable comebacks ever ::) Haha the "best" team in the NFL beats some awful team by 1 point and they made a great comeback? Mind you this is after the bears are down 20 all game,no offensive td's and turned the ball over 6 times.The Cardinals handed them that game. They spanked the bears all night long lol. What the hell are these guys on?

Denver is a better team than the bears imo. The bears defense is sick I must admit tho!!!

I Love it. The Cardinals fell apart. It's funny cause alot of people were talking about how the cards were going to be a contender this year..... ::)

Anyways, I can't blame Dennis Green for melting down. He goes out there after a tough loss, and has to answer asinine questions.

The Bears were exposed. I'm not sold on Grossman. Their defense is great. No doubt. I just don't care for all the hype.........
HAHA, RON.....

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2006, 09:16:51 AM »
the cardinals have fans?

i loved the monday night announcers 'cheering' for matt leinart and then asking themselves if it was okay. and then pronouncing him as arrived after throwing for 240 yards in a loss.

Yes, the cardinals have fans. They all showed up for the opening of their new stadium proudly wearing red.

Soon, you'll see more fans for the other teams at their stadium than you will AZ fans......lol.

Yeah, it's great when the announcers can't just call the game and be professional. Fucking cheerleaders.  >:(
HAHA, RON.....