Author Topic: payscale for UFC 64  (Read 4765 times)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
payscale for UFC 64
« on: October 17, 2006, 11:43:25 AM »
Does this make sense? Silva over twice as much as Franklin? From MMA weekly

Rich Franklin earned just US$21,000 for his failed middleweight title defence Saturday, according to purse information released by the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Franklin missed out on a $21,000 win bonus.

Successful Brazilian challenger Anderson Silva collected $50,000 for his night's work.

Sean Sherk won $22,000 for taking the lightweight crown while challenger

Kenny Florian picked up $8,000.

Welterweight Jon Fitch and lightweight Spencer Fisher, both winners on the night, each earned $20,000.

Canadian middleweight Kalib Starnes, who lost to Yushin Okami, collected $5,000.

Announced attendance and gate for the Las Vegas card was 10,863 and $2,314,000, according to the UFC.

That's separate from pay-per-view revenue, which the UFC does not release. Fighters' purses totalled $209,000.

E

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: payscale for UFC 64
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 12:00:53 PM »
Yet again the UFC proving why they're such a piece of shit.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 12:03:14 PM »
Yet again the UFC proving why they're such a piece of shit.

They make an obscene profit. The only people who get paid well are Randy, Tito, Chuck and Hughes, to my knowledge anyway.(maybe Ken)

E

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 12:07:12 PM »
Well if you talk to the UFC nuthuggers, they'll tell you that the UFC is still in the red from the beginning years when they were losing a lot of money. How they STILL aren't out of that hole is beyond me. And people wonder why the best fighters fight for PRIDE and K-1.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 12:10:27 PM »
Well if you talk to the UFC nuthuggers, they'll tell you that the UFC is still in the red from the beginning years when they were losing a lot of money. How they STILL aren't out of that hole is beyond me. And people wonder why the best fighters fight for PRIDE and K-1.

Sherdog was a great place before TUF. I watch the show, it's entertaining but I didn't need 8,000 new people logging onto that site to act like mma was just invented. As far as the UFC losing money in the beginning , I think Dana and Zuffa just bought it a few years ago.
E

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 12:49:09 PM »
Sherdog was a great place before TUF. I watch the show, it's entertaining but I didn't need 8,000 new people logging onto that site to act like mma was just invented. As far as the UFC losing money in the beginning , I think Dana and Zuffa just bought it a few years ago.

Yeah they did purchase it recently. I agree about Sherdog, it was arugably the best MMA forum on the internet before the TUF boom and retards like Earl started watching it. I don't watch TUF, can't really get into it with all these disrespectful guys blowing smoke up their own asses every season. Gets a little old after a while.

If I'm not mistaken, PRIDE has their own reality show a la TUF starting, so that could be interesting.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 01:26:50 PM »
Yeah they did purchase it recently. I agree about Sherdog, it was arugably the best MMA forum on the internet before the TUF boom and retards like Earl started watching it. I don't watch TUF, can't really get into it with all these disrespectful guys blowing smoke up their own asses every season. Gets a little old after a while.

If I'm not mistaken, PRIDE has their own reality show a la TUF starting, so that could be interesting.

If Pride is really going to have their own show that would be sweet, the fights those guys will put on should be fun to watch.... when is this supposed to be happening.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 01:35:42 PM »
I saw Bodog is having one, with a bunch of nobodies, but haven't seen anything about Pride.
E

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 02:55:10 PM »
Does this make sense? Silva over twice as much as Franklin? From MMA weekly

Rich Franklin earned just US$21,000 for his failed middleweight title defence Saturday, according to purse information released by the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Franklin missed out on a $21,000 win bonus.

Successful Brazilian challenger Anderson Silva collected $50,000 for his night's work.

Sean Sherk won $22,000 for taking the lightweight crown while challenger

Kenny Florian picked up $8,000.

Welterweight Jon Fitch and lightweight Spencer Fisher, both winners on the night, each earned $20,000.

Canadian middleweight Kalib Starnes, who lost to Yushin Okami, collected $5,000.

Announced attendance and gate for the Las Vegas card was 10,863 and $2,314,000, according to the UFC.

That's separate from pay-per-view revenue, which the UFC does not release. Fighters' purses totalled $209,000.

Huh!!!  That's fair ::)!!!  I guess they needed to make up for the Ken/Tito III freebie... ::)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 09:05:49 PM »
I agree about Sherdog, it was arugably the best MMA forum on the internet before the TUF boom and retards like Earl started watching it.

how many times can you mistake me for you ::)

E
E

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2006, 09:26:18 PM »
how many times can you mistake me for you ::)

E

Your insults are horrendous. They're on par with that Tae Kwon Do black belt you picked up at your local McDojo.

dr._squat

• Getbig II
  • Pass the Torch
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 02:05:13 AM »
The reason Rich was paid so little is because he was still on his old contract.  The one he signed before the popularity boom.  But even when he signed it everyone thought it was horrendously low.  And it is odd that his manager took it, considering he is one of the managers in the business.  But this fight was his last on the contract.  So hopefully he'll be getting what he's worth from now on, despite the fact he lost to Silva so badly.
Absolute

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 03:37:05 AM »
The reason Rich was paid so little is because he was still on his old contract.  The one he signed before the popularity boom.  But even when he signed it everyone thought it was horrendously low.  And it is odd that his manager took it, considering he is one of the managers in the business.  But this fight was his last on the contract.  So hopefully he'll be getting what he's worth from now on, despite the fact he lost to Silva so badly.

I'd think Zuffa's willing to step up just b/c they have so few PPV main events.  I mean, I'll get the rematch... ;D

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 05:41:22 AM »
I'd think Zuffa's willing to step up just b/c they have so few PPV main events.  I mean, I'll get the rematch... ;D

?