Author Topic: TSAR BOMBA: THE KING OF ALL BOMBS!!!!!!  (Read 7743 times)

suckmymuscle

TSAR BOMBA: THE KING OF ALL BOMBS!!!!!!
« on: October 18, 2006, 09:42:51 PM »
  www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfoQsZa8F1c

It's power is 58 megatons. That's fifty eight million tons of TNT!!! Five thousand times more potent than the fission bomb that destroyed Hiroshima!!!!!!! :o The fireball rose 40 miles up and went 110 miles across!!!!!! The explosion could be seen in Finland, one thousand miles away!!!!!!!! It generated one percent of the power output of the Sun!!!!!!!! The shock wave went around the World not one, not two, but three times!!!!!! It shattered windows in Stockholm!!! It would cause third degree burns to a person located one hundred miles away from it's outskirt, and up to three hundred miles away from it's epicenter!!!!!!! :o

The Soviet Union detonated this horrific thing because it wanted to show strengh, and also because it wanted to make sure that, if the ICBM that carried it missed the target by several miles due to malfunction, it would still utterly destroy it. The bomb was 25 ft long and weighed 27 tons. The U.S.S.R had to develop a whole new type of missile to carry it, such it's weight. It is five times more potent than the most powerful fusion bomb the U.S ever detonated. Only ten bombs such as this would be enough to destroy the whole surface of the Earth - the reason why they detonated it close to the North Pole. If the ten bombs were detonated on the same spot, the Earth could be removed from the gravity pull of the Sun!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :-\

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
Re: TSAR BOMBA: THE KING OF ALL BOMBS!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 09:47:06 PM »

cute. 

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 10:40:33 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 10:42:39 PM »

suckmymuscle

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 12:14:00 AM »

Dude, I like you, but don't fuck up my thread. Seriously. >:(

SUCKMYMUSCLE

P.S: I hope that kitty were strapped to the bomb.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 12:15:59 AM »
Would you hit it?

No, but "suck" claims to have had sex with a chicken. 

suckmymuscle

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 01:22:02 AM »
  Ok, now seriously, what are you guys seeing ??? Because the video I linked is of a nuclear explosion. Are you guys seeing something else?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 01:11:48 PM »
no the vid works. its a real short clip tho and its in russian i think-there are other vids on that page about it though. this kind of weapon is the kind of thing that mankind should never have created. that sort of thing will likely be the death of us all.
war has become so cheap now. any nerd in an office somewhere can push a button and destroy a whole city, or control a remote flying gun and kill lots of soldiers like a video game. any nation can gay any other nation nowdays and it sucks. it was better-and safer for life on earth-when soldiers and their training and skill level determined the victory  :-\

the days when battles were a test of wits, boldness, skill, intelligence, and competence are over, no more epic Grant-Lee clashes, no antitems or gettysburgs, no more alexander the greats, no more battles of thermopylae, no more napoleonic pwnings, no more battles of midway or dunkirk or stalingrad or kursk...now its just order a computer nerd to push his buttons and the whole other nation will disappear in a plume of smoke and radiation :-\

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 01:24:52 PM »
  www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfoQsZa8F1c

It's power is 58 megatons. That's fifty eight million tons of TNT!!! Five thousand times more potent than the fission bomb that destroyed Hiroshima!!!!!!! :o The fireball rose 40 miles up and went 110 miles across!!!!!! The explosion could be seen in Finland, one thousand miles away!!!!!!!! It generated one percent of the power output of the Sun!!!!!!!! The shock wave went around the World not one, not two, but three times!!!!!! It shattered windows in Stockholm!!! It would cause third degree burns to a person located one hundred miles away from it's outskirt, and up to three hundred miles away from it's epicenter!!!!!!! :o

The Soviet Union detonated this horrific thing because it wanted to show strengh, and also because it wanted to make sure that, if the ICBM that carried it missed the target by several miles due to malfunction, it would still utterly destroy it. The bomb was 25 ft long and weighed 27 tons. The U.S.S.R had to develop a whole new type of missile to carry it, such it's weight. It is five times more potent than the most powerful fusion bomb the U.S ever detonated. Only ten bombs such as this would be enough to destroy the whole surface of the Earth - the reason why they detonated it close to the North Pole. If the ten bombs were detonated on the same spot, the Earth could be removed from the gravity pull of the Sun!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :-\

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Fucking Brilliant :-\ To bad we couldn't have gathered all the fucking warmongering fools of the world up and gave them all front row seats at ground zero.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 02:10:43 PM »
A bomb like that was probably made as a show of strength, not as something that would be used practically.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2006, 09:02:07 AM »
no the vid works. its a real short clip tho and its in russian i think-there are other vids on that page about it though. this kind of weapon is the kind of thing that mankind should never have created. that sort of thing will likely be the death of us all.
war has become so cheap now. any nerd in an office somewhere can push a button and destroy a whole city, or control a remote flying gun and kill lots of soldiers like a video game. any nation can gay any other nation nowdays and it sucks. it was better-and safer for life on earth-when soldiers and their training and skill level determined the victory  :-\

But the beauty of this weapon is that it eliminated warfare forever. No longer parents in the major powers will need to receive the decaying bodies of their little boys in body bags, cold-bloodedly killed by a politician who started a war for his own political gain. The only wars from now on will be that between major powers and Third World rogue states. It didn't terminate warfar, but there will never be  war between the major powers again exactly because there will be no motivation for the politicians to do it. Think about: if the U.S I.C.B.Med France, the Frech would I.C.B.M the U.S back and that would mean complete annihilation. The motivation for a politician to start a war is to further improve his political status so that he can rule: hence, what would be the point of starting a war with another major power if he'll be risking his own physical annihilation or, at the very least, to be left with no country to rule? War between major countries, such as World War II, results in the death of tens of millions of people. It is exactly because a nuclear war would kill billions and annihilate the major countries that the World''s powers will never confront each other again.

After World War II, all wars have been either between Third World countries or between the major countries and Third World ones. And because the differences in power and technology between the major countries and the Third World ones is so huge, these wars end quickly with a small death toll. Likewise, wars between Third World states are a joke, between none of the states envolved have power to do much damage to each other. Fusion bombs are a blessing, because they decrease the death-toll of traditional wars dramatically, by limiting it to quick wars between powers and weak countries or between states that still use rifles from World War I. ;)

the days when battles were a test of wits, boldness, skill, intelligence, and competence are over, no more epic Grant-Lee clashes, no antitems or gettysburgs, no more alexander the greats, no more battles of thermopylae, no more napoleonic pwnings, no more battles of midway or dunkirk or stalingrad or kursk...now its just order a computer nerd to push his buttons and the whole other nation will disappear in a plume of smoke and radiation :-\

Conversely, think of the skills, intelligence and work over several millenia that were necesary to culminate in the hydrogen bomb. The problems that the "nerds", like Oppenheimer, Teller, etc, had to solve to create this über-weapon, the fusion bomb, far exceeds in complexity any strategical or tactical problems that militarty men, throughout history, ever faced. I think what you're trying to say is that this apocalyptic weapon, which can generate almost as much power as a supernova, exactly because it is so powerful makes The Warrior redundant. What you're trying to say, what you're really saying, is that the hydrogen bomb completely took away the manhood element from war. In this, I agree with you. Yet, today, we have several semi-realistic video games to satiete the appetite for fighting, not to mention real, sanctioned fighting like boxing and ultimate fighting, where murdering your opponent, in combat, brings no legal charges against you. If you feel so strongly about being a traditional, manly warrior, then that would be an option. If that's still not enough, you can join the Marines and be a real warrior. Remember that there are still plenty of traditional wars to be fought if you feel so strongly about this; only not traditional wars between great powers. That's it. And it's for the better: everyone is happy. The death toll from traditional wars is dramatically reduced, and there are still plenty of wars for thugs to fight at if they want to. The World became a much better place after the creation of the fusion bomb. :) The only danger is if a maniac becomes supreme leader in a major power and decids to use the weapons. However, this is extremely unlikely because all heads of state of the great powers are thoroughly checked by the media and their powers are limited because most of the major powers are democratic.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 01:12:05 PM »
yes that is one way of looking at it, good point.

however, there is also the fact that war and fighting will never cease to exist as it is a part of human nature. whereras before, no matter how bloody a particular conflict was, mankind could only do so much damage to itself and the earth. there was never any threat to the actual survival of mankind and the natural world, and its ability to sustain life was only impacted in relatively small isolated spots that did not affect the well-being of the whole.

what we have now are weapons so powerful that they transcend every other considerable factor. it is true they do serve as a deterrent and thus reduce the sheer amount of conflicts that will take place, but at the same time WHEN such conflicts should occur (it is inevitable that at some point these things will be used again, simply because of human nature) then the devistating effect of a single conflict with these new weapons would be greater than the sum of all conflicts ever before their creation.

basically while they do act as deterrence, the complete elimination of warfare will never ever be realized, and this is the key thing to remember. considering this, the fact that the weapons now available can destroy all life on earth is really disturbing. the scale is completely different now. whereas before you could have tons of frequent individual wars which result in high casualty rates, nothing would change in the long run, everything would continue to exist. now all it will take is a SINGLE conflict to break out in which even 50 of these single weapons are used, and the whole world is fucked.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2006, 07:20:00 AM »
yes, at the end of ww 2 the days of the mad conqueror or glorious empire building were at an end.  no longer could a napoleon, hitler, or caesar conquer massive amounts of land and subdue a few of the great powers.  nuclear weapons removed the possiblity of an overt war between major powers, although, of course there are still "3rd worlds" to indirectly carry out struggles.
Valhalla awaits.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2006, 01:22:56 PM »
yes that is one way of looking at it, good point.
however, there is also the fact that war and fighting will never cease to exist as it is a part of human nature. whereras before, no matter how bloody a particular conflict was, mankind could only do so much damage to itself and the earth. there was never any threat to the actual survival of mankind and the natural world, and its ability to sustain life was only impacted in relatively small isolated spots that did not affect the well-being of the whole.

But that's exactly what I said! You just repeated what I said. There will always be wars; but there will never be wars between major powers again. The rationale is very simple: the absolute annihilation caused by a nuclear war would preculde any major power from attacking another, because the motivation for war is political(conquering territory, furthering a politician's career, etc), and there is no political point in taking an action that will utterly annihilate you. Get it? This also means that traditional warfare between major powers will never happen again, because war is war and you'll always use your most powerful weapon. My point is that traditional wars had their death tolls dramatically reduced since the invention of the fusion bomb, because it is now done only and exclusively between Third World states, which don't have much power to do much damage to each other anyway, or between a major power and a Third World state, which ends very quickly due to the fact that, althougfh the trditional powers will never fight traditional wars again against each other, they still have the power to wage traditional wars on a much grander scale than Third World states. For instance, England has enough I.C.B.Ms to destroy the World five times over, but it's navy was still strong enought to pummel Argentina into submission in less than one month in the Malvines War, resulting in a very low death toll. Thus: Major powers with I.C.B.Ms = far less death from actual war. Cavalier got it; you didn't! ;)

what we have now are weapons so powerful that they transcend every other considerable factor. it is true they do serve as a deterrent and thus reduce the sheer amount of conflicts that will take place, but at the same time WHEN such conflicts should occur (it is inevitable that at some point these things will be used again, simply because of human nature) then the devistating effect of a single conflict with these new weapons would be greater than the sum of all conflicts ever before their creation.

No, this is what you don't understand! Wars are started by men in positions of power/domination, the so-called alpha males, for a reason. There is always a motivation behind it, which is based on a simple premisse: no matter how many people die, it will be worth if I am successful and comne out as a hero from it. They start wars because it furthers their status/dominance over other people. Their physical safety is garanteed, and if the country loses a traditional war, they will always need a leader to rebuild. Either way, the alpha wins. However, hydrogen bombs eliminate the incentive right at the core: the alpha thatg rules a major power realizes that attacking another power will result in his own physical extermination, or, at the very least, will leave hikm with no usable country to rule. Get it? The only ;posibility, as I see it, is if a psychopath takes power in a major power and has the authority to deploy them. Fortunately, this will never happen, because all the great powers are democratic, which means that the leaders are observed by the media and their power is strictly restricted. Now, if a Third World country acquires hydrogen bombs and have the I.C.B.Ms to deploy them, then that would be a different situation. India and Pakistan have the fission bomb, but I don't think they have fusion bombs, which are the real threatm, and much less so then the I.C.B.Ms to deploy them effectively. And you can be damn sure that the major powers will never allow primitivwe, superstitious nations, like Iran, to ever become a threat to them.

basically while they do act as deterrence, the complete elimination of warfare will never ever be realized, and this is the key thing to remember. considering this, the fact that the weapons now available can destroy all life on earth is really disturbing. the scale is completely different now. whereas before you could have tons of frequent individual wars which result in high casualty rates, nothing would change in the long run, everything would continue to exist. now all it will take is a SINGLE conflict to break out in which even 50 of these single weapons are used, and the whole world is fucked.

Once again, since people fight for something - you're not going to risk death for nothing -, it is unlikely that modern, democratic, rational societies, which control very strictly the masculine boasting of it's alpha males through the media, senate, high courts, etc, would allow them to attack another major power. The apocvalyptic nature of the hydrogen bomb takes away any gain possible from a war between two major powers, since that would immediately involve I.C.B.Ms and the apocalypse. Now, if George Junior is given free reign by the Senate, then that might be different. But even if he attacked Iran with nuclear weapons, the death toll would be much lower than that of a traditional war between two major powers. The only think that concerns me is if the fanatic, Vladimir Jirinovski, takes power in Russia: they have threre times more nuclear bombs than the U.S, and their bombs - such as the Tsar Bomba - are up to ten times more powerful than anything the U.S have. Waht will happen with Russia in the next decades is the great question for mankind. :-\

SUCKMYMUSCLE

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2006, 02:47:26 PM »
i understand what you are saying and it makes sense.
but there will always be conflict, and now that we have these horrible things they will be used at some point, for some reason. while the motivation and capability for someone like a king or tyrant is no longer there, there is nothing to stop people like bin laden and similar minded fanatics, whose main goal is DESTRUCTION and DEATH and not territorial conquest, to use them on the people they hate should they manage to aquire them. they know they can send a bunch of fanatics to cities and blow them all up, and that no harm will come to themselves. all it will take is one of these things in a city like new york or LA and millions would die in an instant, and the city would be rendered a radioactive wasteland for decades. i still say the negative aspects of creating these things outweighs the positive aspects.

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2006, 03:01:22 PM »
the bomb in that video is not the tsar bomb, it's a 1.6 megaton bomb.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2006, 03:05:13 PM »
There are no fusion bombs.

Fission bombs, yes.

Fusion bombs, no.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

suckmymuscle

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2006, 03:17:15 PM »
There are no fusion bombs.

Fission bombs, yes.

Fusion bombs, no.

YIP
Zack

Completely wrong. The hydrogen bomb is a fusion bomb, where atoms of hydrogen fuse together and this splits it's mucleus, releasing large amounts of gamma radiation and heat. It is the same process used by the Sun to generate it's energy. The hydrogen bomb uses a fission bomb to detonate it, because only a fission bomb - the classical atomic bomb that destroyed Hiroshima - is able to generate enough energy to make the fusion reactio to start. Basically, it uses convex mirrors to focus the energy in a single point, and Tritium is used to make the process start. This is not an owning because you're a nice guy and I like you, but please refrain from talking about things you obviously don't know about. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2006, 03:28:57 PM »
i understand what you are saying and it makes sense.
but there will always be conflict, and now that we have these horrible things they will be used at some point, for some reason. while the motivation and capability for someone like a king or tyrant is no longer there, there is nothing to stop people like bin laden and similar minded fanatics, whose main goal is DESTRUCTION and DEATH and not territorial conquest, to use them on the people they hate should they manage to aquire them. they know they can send a bunch of fanatics to cities and blow them all up, and that no harm will come to themselves. all it will take is one of these things in a city like new york or LA and millions would die in an instant, and the city would be rendered a radioactive wasteland for decades. i still say the negative aspects of creating these things outweighs the positive aspects.

Getting atomic weapons is not easy: if it were, greedy arms merchants wouldn't hesitate to sell them to Islamicist fanatics and such. Your criticism is not relevant, because rogue states need I.C.B.Ms to detonate atomic weapons over the major powers - and they don't even have the weapons. And you can be damn sure that the majorr powers will never allow rogue Third World states to have them. Eventually, this technology will become commonplace and cheap enough for everyone to have. However, I assure you that this day is still long, long away. By then, they will have invented some defense agains these weapons. There are electro-magnetics fields able to block billions of degrees Celsius of heat, and that might eventually work. It's still far off. I assure yopu this, however: terrosrists and rogue states will not ever have the capacity to make a truly devastating attack on a large power. They might blow up New York or Paris with a small fission bomb, but they are aware that the retaliation would wipe them out forever. If Europe, Russia and the U.S have absolutely no alternative for their own survival, I assure you that they will wipe out the entire Midle East from off the face of the Earth before allowing them to make a second terrorist strike. If you need to find Arab terrosrists in the middle of a bunch of Arabs and you can't find them, then kill all Arabs. It's harsh, but survival is survival. That's what I would do, as leader, if I had no other option in this very rare, extreme situation.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2006, 03:37:19 PM »
the bomb in that video is not the tsar bomb, it's a 1.6 megaton bomb.

I've heard that before. I don'ty know if it's true. There is a British documentary about the Tsar Bomba, and the explosion depicted there is exactly this. I agree, however, that it is relatively punny for 58 megatons. Very puny, actually. You're probably right. I wish I could see the real thing... :o

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2006, 03:41:52 PM »
  Completely wrong. The hydrogen bomb is a fusion bomb, where atoms of hydrogen fuse together and this splits it's mucleus, releasing large amounts of gamma radiation and heat. It is the same process used by the Sun to generate it's energy. The hydrogen bomb uses a fission bomb to detonate it, because only a fission bomb - the classical atomic bomb that destroyed Hiroshima - is able to generate enough energy to make the fusion reactio to start. Basically, it uses convex mirrors to focus the energy in a single point, and Tritium is used to make the process start. This is not an owning because you're a nice guy and I like you, but please refrain from talking about things you obviously don't know about. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Definitely an owning IMO.

You're right about everything, especially about the part with shutting my grand yapper on topics I know little of. 8)

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2006, 03:52:23 PM »
  And you can be damn sure that the majorr powers will never allow rogue Third World states to have them.

They might blow up New York or Paris with a small fission bomb, but they are aware that the retaliation would wipe them out forever. If Europe, Russia and the U.S have absolutely no alternative for their own survival, I assure you that they will wipe out the entire Midle East from off the face of the Earth before allowing them to make a second terrorist strike. If you need to find Arab terrosrists in the middle of a bunch of Arabs and you can't find them, then kill all Arabs. It's harsh, but survival is survival. That's what I would do, as leader, if I had no other option in this very rare, extreme situation.

north korea seems to have them or be well on their way to having them and the world doesnt seem to do much besides empty threats. iran may have them soon as well.

about the scenario you described, well thats exactly what was talking about in the first place! that is death on a completely different scale, all thanks to the creation of these things.
something like this will probably happen at some point-and all the previous years of relative calm brought on by the deterrence factor of these things will be negated in an instant.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2006, 06:34:29 PM »
north korea seems to have them or be well on their way to having them and the world doesnt seem to do much besides empty threats. iran may have them soon as well.

about the scenario you described, well thats exactly what was talking about in the first place! that is death on a completely different scale, all thanks to the creation of these things.
something like this will probably happen at some point-and all the previous years of relative calm brought on by the deterrence factor of these things will be negated in an instant.

No, it won't happen, as I've already explained to you a thousand times before. I won't do it again. It sucks to explain something to a guy, he agrees with you and then just repeats exactly what he said before as if you didn't explain to him why he's wrong. I give up. :-\ On a final note, North Korea has a small fission bomb and does not have the I.C.B.Ms to deply it. If the U.S or other major nuclear power decided it, North Korea would be wiped ftom off the face of the Earth in about 30 minutes.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

MKD

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2006, 06:51:40 PM »
You could make the argument that nuclear weapons have outlived their usefulness as a deterrent because most nuclear states (US, Russia, China, UK, France) are not threatened by a nuclear rival.  The real concern is India and Pakistan since the fight over kashmir periodically flares up. 

The use of nuclear weapons by a terrorist organization is central to US national security and is a good question.  If a terrorist was successful in detonating a weapon, who would we attack with a nuclear weapon?  The terrorists are non-state actors--- what can you possibly target a nuclear weapon against?  That is why the American answer is to punish the rogue state that the weapon was obtained from.  Modern deterrence is predicated on punishing the supplier of a nuclear weapon, not the person that uses it--- because the supplier is a quantifiable target.
strong mind, strong body

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2006, 10:22:21 PM »
  No, it won't happen, as I've already explained to you a thousand times before. I won't do it again. It sucks to explain something to a guy, he agrees with you and then just repeats exactly what he said before as if you didn't explain to him why he's wrong. I give up. :-\ On a final note, North Korea has a small fission bomb and does not have the I.C.B.Ms to deply it. If the U.S or other major nuclear power decided it, North Korea would be wiped ftom off the face of the Earth in about 30 minutes.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

it wont happen IN THE WAY you described: a world power attacking another world power. a rogue state wouldnt use them either because they know they'd be wiped out in an instant.
however the conditions you describe(which do make good sense) do not apply to a terrorist group or fanantic individuals who as MKD pointed out operate independent of any state or single indentifiable location. these people's goals are completely in line with using these kinds of weapons.

im not sure why you are convinced that a nuclear weapon will NEVER be used again. their likelyhood of being used in any given situation is small but when measured over a long period of time their eventual use at somepoint becomes alomst a certainty.

are the scenarios described above somewhat far fetched?
hell yes.
but is it more far fetched than the idea that nukes will never ever be used again?
 ;D