Author Topic: Bad Hair Day  (Read 6097 times)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
Re: Bad Hair Day
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2006, 07:09:47 PM »
On the other hand...

i knew as soon as I posted that you would be along soon ;D

Ms. Deneuve is the exception that proves the rule . . . and in France you hear the most fabulous rumours about the plastic surgery she's had.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2006, 07:12:18 PM »
who is that?

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2006, 07:16:38 PM »

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2006, 07:29:59 PM »
On the other hand...

Yep, ...and don't forget this classic beauty.
Talk about grace, poise, style, charm, class!
This woman is just simply amazing! (gotta represent the brunettes)  :)
w

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2006, 07:33:20 PM »
i knew as soon as I posted that you would be along soon ;D

Ms. Deneuve is the exception that proves the rule . . . and in France you hear the most fabulous rumours about the plastic surgery she's had.

Am I so predictable?  ;D

She was just handy. There are plenty of others... Lena Olin, Kimmie Bassinger, the list goes on.

Have you never looked at the average middle-aged man in a suit and just know that what's going on under there should never see the light of day?  :-X

scooter

• Getbig III
  • the fvckin priest deserved to die
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2006, 07:35:25 PM »
any body see vick make polamou look like a 2nd string athlete today that was great

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2006, 07:35:54 PM »
read my post?

ye si read it and i was too lazy to google her name

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2006, 07:51:24 PM »
Am I so predictable?  ;D

She was just handy. There are plenty of others... Lena Olin, Kimmie Bassinger, the list goes on.

Have you never looked at the average middle-aged man in a suit and just know that what's going on under there should never see the light of day?  :-X

OMG! Have you ever seen that woman up close... face-to-face?  just stunning!

And Jaclyn Smith is another classic & classy beauty who only got better with age. She starred in a MOW I did, and the script described her character as early 30's. I remember watching her on TV when I was a little girl. At first everyone laughed their butts off knowing how old she was and that they were going to try to pass her off as early 30's. We were all wondering if they'd have to resort to smearing vaseline on the camera lens, or break out the heavy filters... or even resort to drastic measures like doing that old "moonlighting" trick.

Well she walked onto the set that first day, and blew us all away. The woman put every single chick on set to shame. I swear to God she looked no older than 25. She probably could have passed for younger if not for her carriage. There's a certain confidence  & carriage that a mature woman has that comes only from experience that you can't hide, no matter how young you look. And let me tell you, that woman looks YOUNG. We'd eat lunch together and she'd be sitting directly across the table from me. Not a line, wrinkle, flaw, NADA. We'd be in the makeup trailer, ...she'd be in and out in 15 mins, while the rest of us young'uns took forever. {lol} The funny part was Hayden was playing her son, ...and I don't think she looked old enough to have a 15 yr. old son. Go figure.
w

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2006, 07:52:12 PM »
ye si read it and i was too lazy to google her name

Man of the world I see...  :P

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2006, 08:10:26 PM »

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2006, 08:45:36 PM »
I think i recall posting something about kim b and tom cruise's ex-wife looking good recently . . . but they're all exceptions to the rule. 

women's bodies lose their firmness so quickly it makes me want to cry (perhaps Kim Basinger is the SOLE exception to this rule).

My first ex and I hooked up a few years ago.  A mere decade had passed since the last time I saw her, but the lithe body of the girl who played varsity volleyball had vanished . . .  :'(

she was still beautiful, but I remembered the body of the girl . . . her skin bursting w life . . . and now there was this slight slack in her skin. it was like some of her vitality had receded. 

It seemed a little unfair . . . she was working against it, but the tide was going out. 

Happens to men too, but having higher levels of testosterone does wonders for keeping that firmness longer.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2006, 09:31:39 PM »

women's bodies lose their firmness so quickly it makes me want to cry  

Happens to men too, but having higher levels of testosterone does wonders for keeping that firmness longer.

Yep! It's kind of skeery. I sometimes run into people I went to highschool with... and I'm almost embarrassed for them. A while back I was at a seminar with 2 guys I had gone to highschool with. When one guy mentioned we all knew each other from high school, ...everyone's mouths dropped open. They couldn't believe we had gone to the same highschool at the same time. They nearly fell off their chairs when he said he was in grade 9, while we were in grade 13. {lol} I was sooo embarrased for him (plus I wanted to smack him 'cause that obviously meant I was at least 4 yrs older than him). As it turned out, both me & the other guy have been absolute health nuts, and been taking nutritional supplements for years. We even have the same herbalist, while the other guy has always consumed the typical North American diet.  ::) It kind of caught up with him.  :-X

Plus I use Gen III & Gen IV advanced biotechnology bodycare products ALL OVER. My bodywash has advanced biotech in it, my hand & body lotion has it in it, and these signal the skin cells to continue to behave like a kids. So while I got it going on in the facial skincare, I also get it all over in the bodycare too. I'm fighting the aging process from both inside AND out. Also i gotta admit, I was born part of the lucky gene club. I had great genes to begin with. My Mom is 73, and whenever she tries to get the senior's discount, they always initially refuse her, and make her show ID to prove she's over 55. It's such a pain-in-the-tush for her, half the time she doesn't bother. My older sister didn't stop getting carded until close to 5 yrs ago . One time, a mgr at a LCBO liquor store threatened to call the cops accusing her of trying to buy a bottle of wine with a fake ID. Drinking age in Ontario is 19, ...she was 36 at the time. {LOL}
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2006, 10:14:17 PM »
Yep! It's kind of skeery. I sometimes run into people I went to highschool with... and I'm almost embarrassed for them. A while back I was at a seminar with 2 guys I had gone to highschool with. When one guy mentioned we all knew each other from high school, ...everyone's mouths dropped open. They couldn't believe we had gone to the same highschool at the same time. They nearly fell off their chairs when he said he was in grade 9, while we were in grade 13. {lol} I was sooo embarrased for him (plus I wanted to smack him 'cause that obviously meant I was at least 4 yrs older than him). As it turned out, both me & the other guy have been absolute health nuts, and been taking nutritional supplements for years. We even have the same herbalist, while the other guy has always consumed the typical North American diet.  ::) It kind of caught up with him.  :-X

Plus I use Gen III & Gen IV advanced biotechnology bodycare products ALL OVER. My bodywash has advanced biotech in it, my hand & body lotion has it in it, and these signal the skin cells to continue to behave like a kids. So while I got it going on in the facial skincare, I also get it all over in the bodycare too. I'm fighting the aging process from both inside AND out. Also i gotta admit, I was born part of the lucky gene club. I had great genes to begin with. My Mom is 73, and whenever she tries to get the senior's discount, they always initially refuse her, and make her show ID to prove she's over 55. It's such a pain-in-the-tush for her, half the time she doesn't bother. My older sister didn't stop getting carded until close to 5 yrs ago . One time, a mgr at a LCBO liquor store threatened to call the cops accusing her of trying to buy a bottle of wine with a fake ID. Drinking age in Ontario is 19, ...she was 36 at the time. {LOL}

Puh-leaze.  You can talk about vitamins or whatever all you want, but the melanin in your skin will keep you wrinkle free and looking younger than your lighter skinned counterparts, assuming you keep your body fat down.   :) 

Al-G is right:  age is very cruel to women.  I don't think women in Hollywood age more gracefully than others, they're just able to afford more plastic surgery. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2006, 11:12:22 PM »
Puh-leaze.  You can talk about vitamins or whatever all you want, but the melanin in your skin will keep you wrinkle free and looking younger than your lighter skinned counterparts, assuming you keep your body fat down.   :) 

Mark, ...are you saying "Black don't crack!"? 

Hey folks, he said it, ...not me.  ;D

All I said was I'm part of the lucky gene club, ...I wasn't rubbin' anyones nose in it, ...but since you mention it...  :P

{CQ is silently giggling to herself right now}

Al-G is right:  age is very cruel to women.  I don't think women in Hollywood age more gracefully than others, they're just able to afford more plastic surgery. 

I don't think age has any particular bias against women, it's just that a woman's body goes through one helluva trauma during pregnancy and childbirth. We're talking the creation and sustenance of a living human being. That sucks a helluva lotta life force outta someone. I think all things being equal, I've observed that women who don't have kids seem to actually age better than men, ...it's just that by society's standards, these types of 'imperfections' in men are traditionally more acceptable, and women are judged far more harshly.

And as for Hollywood, ...it's not all plastic surgery, ...it's quite often a lifestyle thing as well. Let's face it, priviledge & pampering does afford one the ability to age far more gracefully than otherwise would be possible. Not to mention good sex. Mind blowing, toe curling orgasms on a regular basis have been known to keep the blush on the rose for a loooooong time.  :P

So all you guys who want to keep your women looking as young & fresh as possible, ...give it to her gooooood!  ;D
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2006, 12:26:53 AM »

I don't think age has any particular bias against women, it's just that a woman's body goes through one helluva trauma during pregnancy and childbirth.

Boy do I disagree.  I know plenty of women who have never had a baby, but they still have saggy boobs.  Mother nature is not kind to many women.  Gravity takes over even when the babies don't come.  I know plenty of women who have popped out several babies and their bodies acted like a tight rubber band.  I know some who have had one baby and grew another person.  That's partly genetic and partly Big Mac attacks.   

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2006, 12:33:24 AM »
Boy do I disagree.  I know plenty of women who have never had a baby, but they still have saggy boobs.  Mother nature is not kind to many women.  Gravity takes over even when the babies don't come.  I know plenty of women who have popped out several babies and their bodies acted like a tight rubber band.  I know some who have had one baby and grew another person.  That's partly genetic and partly Big Mac attacks.   

Huh? How does an argument about genetics & lifestyle back up a claim for gender bias?
You're just trying to argue with me for the sake of being argumentative... as usual  :(
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2006, 12:57:09 AM »
Huh? How does an argument about genetics & lifestyle back up a claim for gender bias?
You're just trying to argue with me for the sake of being argumentative... as usual  :(

???  Who is arguing gender bias?  You attributed the decline of a woman's body to pregnancy and childbirth.  I just pointed out how I don't believe that is true.  Case in point are saggy boobs.  Not always related to pregnancy and childbirth.   

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2006, 01:20:55 AM »
???  Who is arguing gender bias?  You attributed the decline of a woman's body to pregnancy and childbirth.  I just pointed out how I don't believe that is true.  Case in point are saggy boobs.  Not always related to pregnancy and childbirth.   

Actually I attribute the aging process to signalling. A process often triggered in women by pregnancy & childbirth. I wasn't referring to saggy boobs. I know those aren't always related to pregnancy and childbirth. Heck, there are a alot of guys who have saggy boobs and they've never been pregnant or given birth, ...infact, a few in this very forum (not mentioning any names...yet)  ;D  Saggy boobs are a function of gravity, something to which both sexes are subject. Lord knows there are enough apples wobbling around inside pillow cases to bear this out. I was mainly referring to life force energy. I believe women simply have more of it as a whole, and it has been my experience as well as observation, that women who have not had children, generally, tended to fare better than their similarly situated male contemporaries, even though they are judged more harshly.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2006, 09:07:10 AM »
Actually I attribute the aging process to signalling. A process often triggered in women by pregnancy & childbirth. I wasn't referring to saggy boobs. I know those aren't always related to pregnancy and childbirth. Heck, there are a alot of guys who have saggy boobs and they've never been pregnant or given birth, ...infact, a few in this very forum (not mentioning any names...yet)  ;D  Saggy boobs are a function of gravity, something to which both sexes are subject. Lord knows there are enough apples wobbling around inside pillow cases to bear this out. I was mainly referring to life force energy. I believe women simply have more of it as a whole, and it has been my experience as well as observation, that women who have not had children, generally, tended to fare better than their similarly situated male contemporaries, even though they are judged more harshly.

Yes women live longer than men, but that doesn't really have anything to do with how gracefully they age. 

And for the record, age is hard on men too.   :)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2006, 11:43:07 AM »
Yes women live longer than men, but that doesn't really have anything to do with how gracefully they age. 

And for the record, age is hard on men too.   :)

When I say life force energy, I wasn't talking about "living long", ...although traditionally we have been known to do that. I'm talking about the rejuvenating quality of that energy. I think one's ability to "age gracefully" is tremendously impacted by the amount of trauma experienced, and pregnancy & childbirth is extremely traumatic to a woman's body. Not just physically, but biologically, hormonally, and chemically. That's what I was trying to say.

...and how did we get deviated to this topic anyway?

Like I said earlier Troy Polamalu is a hottie  :P 
w

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2006, 11:51:36 AM »
Here Colossus, ...knock yourself out!  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apCC-qJvtUE

Wow, this guy even has his own song. ...it's kinda catchy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se8ABHcq8g4
LOL!!!!!! :D ;D

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2006, 11:53:18 AM »
I didn't know you could ovulate after menopause? 

Sorry.  That was too easy.   ;D

OOOOH!!!!  :o 8) :D

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2006, 11:54:35 AM »
LOL!!!!!! :D ;D

Were these grins for the catchy little song, ...or for the constant instant replays?  :D
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2006, 11:55:41 AM »
OOOOH!!!!  :o 8) :D

I know!  :o  What a little swine huh?
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2006, 11:59:21 AM »
I know!  :o  What a little swine huh?

;D  That's "Mr. Swine" to you.