Author Topic: John Sherman " the sherman tank "  (Read 29008 times)

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
Re: John Sherman " the sherman tank "
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2006, 12:40:32 PM »
John it sounds like you might be in the market for a new trainer.  Gotta get RIGHT, John!    ;D

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2006, 01:01:43 PM »
its good to see john come back to competing hes done alot for bodybuilding with his shows every year. very well done and huge turnouts.
real men= no rubbers

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2006, 01:17:29 PM »
Sick!!!!!!!!!
L

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2006, 01:19:51 PM »
Two words why the Nationals was his best condition ever: Joe McNeal. That was the only show they worked together for. Joe also trained the heavyweight winner at that show, Chris Duffy. Again, the only show the two worked together for, and Chris' best shape ever. What's even more nuts is that for the overall, they were neck in neck and the decision went in John's favor by a single point. Talk about doing your job (Joe).
Was that the show where Duffy "almost died" according to himself? I recall Duffy said he didn't care if bodybuilding prep killed him and that he came close to dying at the nationals, passed out back stage etc. Exactly what kind of methods does McNeal employ LOL

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2006, 01:23:30 PM »
Sean, what are your academic credentials?  The stereotype "bodybuilders are meatheads", like most every other stereotype, is highly founded in fact.  It's not like it was just made up.  As much as I want to believe that in general it isn't true - it is.  But...you seem to be even better than me at pointing out slight errors in what people post on here.  Very impressive stuff.

Sean Maloney makes sure they

GET RIGHT
ha ha

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2006, 01:25:46 PM »
the best double bicep pose EVER!!

Your right up there bro. Takes 10 men to find your waistline there, it just totally dissapears......

Helluva physique bro!!!!!!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2006, 01:27:47 PM »
Was that the show where Duffy "almost died" according to himself?

Chris Duffy almost died for you bitches!  >:(

(right before he became a G4P man-whore)
Ron: "I am lazy."

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2006, 01:31:24 PM »

Chris Duffy almost died for you bitches!  >:(

(right before he became a G4P man-whore)

WHoooosh

John J Sherman

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2006, 01:31:47 PM »
No offense, but the November '92 issues of both IronMan and NPC News say that Flex won his class and overall unanimously. After placing second to Flex at the USA, I know for certain that is why Duffy contacted Joe, and I can only assume the same for you (though I did think that you looked great at the USA as well).
. It's cool.  No offense taken.  The truth be told, I never contacted Joe, He appraoched me @ the USA's and told me that he could get me 5% drier for the nationals than I was for this show( for the USA's, I worked with Keith Klein from Houston.  The same nutritionists that Labrada used for his preparation).  To set the record straight, Joe actually worked with Flex for the 92 USA(don't know if you were aware of that, but, just wanted to put that out there).  After speaking with Flex in regards to the offer that Joe made me, I decided to take him up on it. We spoke on the phone each week prior to the nationals for diet only(he sent me a program which was very similar to what I was already doing. Never saw each other, never sent pictures, etc).  When Joe picked me up at the airport for the show 2 days prior, he checked me out, pat me on the back and said that I was ready.  As far as the magazine coverage, we all know they'll say whatever to move issues.  If you were there, You should know how close it was.  I know that I, Flex, Rico, Chris Cormier, Gary Strydom, Jim Manion, the emcee and everyone else that was there know the deal. It's all history and doesn't really matter, all entertainment.  I'm starting to think that a comeback is necessary to clear up any confusion, what do you think?  

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2006, 01:34:59 PM »
WHoooosh

McFarland got any crazy stories about Duffy?

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2006, 01:35:16 PM »
. It's cool.  No offense taken.  The truth be told, I never contacted Joe, He appraoched me @ the USA's and told me that he could get me 5% drier for the nationals than I was for this show( for the USA's, I worked with Keith Klein from Houston.  The same nutritionists that Labrada used for his preparation).  To set the record straight, Joe actually worked with Flex for the 92 USA(don't know if you were aware of that, but, just wanted to put that out there).  After speaking with Flex in regards to the offer that Joe made me, I decided to take him up on it. We spoke on the phone each week prior to the nationals for diet only(he sent me a program which was very similar to what I was already doing. Never saw each other, never sent pictures, etc).  When Joe picked me up at the airport for the show 2 days prior, he checked me out, pat me on the back and said that I was ready.  As far as the magazine coverage, we all know they'll say whatever to move issues.  If you were there, You should know how close it was.  I know that I, Flex, Rico, Chris Cormier, Gary Strydom, Jim Manion, the emcee and everyone else that was there know the deal. It's all history and doesn't really matter, all entertainment.  I'm starting to think that a comeback is necessary to clear up any confusion, what do you think?  

Sounds like you're talking yourself into a bit of a corner there, yes.  John you gonna get right or what man?   ;D

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2006, 01:44:08 PM »
McFarland got any crazy stories about Duffy?

I got a few...ha ha.  I remember Tom Prince saying that Chris Duffy would come into Gold's to do his cardio and he'd put 2 big blocks underneath each end of the bike so that it was hard to balance and he'd put on headphones, close his eyes, get in the zone, and would just be telling everybody around him "will Chris fall off today?  Will Chris fall off today?"   ;D ;D ;D

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2006, 01:52:20 PM »
I got a few...ha ha.  I remember Tom Prince saying that Chris Duffy would come into Gold's to do his cardio and he'd put 2 big blocks underneath each end of the bike so that it was hard to balance and he'd put on headphones, close his eyes, get in the zone, and would just be telling everybody around him "will Chris fall off today?  Will Chris fall off today?"   ;D ;D ;D
Haha yeah I read that in Flex... actually I think Tom said he placed something under the front end so it was like doing a wheelie on a motocross LOL. Duffy said somewhere that motocross riders were even crazier than bodybuilders.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2006, 02:02:10 PM »
Haha yeah I read that in Flex... actually I think Tom said he placed something under the front end so it was like doing a wheelie on a motocross LOL. Duffy said somewhere that motocross riders were even crazier than bodybuilders.

YEAH that's the more accurate telling...ha ha ha.  That guy was nuts.

John J Sherman

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2006, 02:17:28 PM »
Yes, I was aware that Joe worked with Flex. That was the reason behind my comment of "After placing second to Flex at the USA, I know for certain that is why Duffy contacted Joe". Again I said I assumed you had done the same knowing that Joe trained Flex.

Regarding that show, I do have the video of it. In my opinion, it was Flex and then everyone else. The emcee makes no mention of it being a single point decision whatsoever. I'm sure if I pressed the issue I could get JM to dig up the scoresheets and provide a fax. Regardless, you both looked great but on that day it was Flex head and shoulders above the rest (his competitive career as a whole should help that understanding be clearer).

Also, wasn't there a big stink by some current professionals at the time when the NPC News mag came out with Flex winning the USA? I believe the headline on the cover stated "Flex Wheeler's Win Makes Pros Shudder", or something along those lines. I guess some of the more "sensitive" pros thought that was a disrespectful comment. Unfortunately, their argument held water for only about 12 weeks until Flex's 4 straight win streak began at the IronMan in Feb of '93.

Irrespective of all of this, yes, a "best-ever" comeback would certainly be in order here. I have a feeling that maybe if you pressed Joe a little bit more, you may be able to turn the tide slightly.  ;) If not, I know of a "Plan B" that would definitely be in your best interests.
Hmmmm......... .. .you may be right

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2006, 02:17:59 PM »
Any recent pics John?

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2006, 02:24:43 PM »
John is coming back next year and I wish him the very best.
He has phenomenal physique...and CAN DO THE DAMAGE!

Amen!

HAHA, RON.....

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2006, 02:25:40 PM »
John Sherman it sounds as though you may be looking to return to the competitive stage a champion.  Is there any truth in this statement or should we regard this as purely the product of my misinformed speculation?   ;D

Reality

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2006, 02:26:50 PM »
Hey John,

You ought to consider doing a DVD reality documentary on your comeback.

I know a guy. ;D

Scott
www.bodybuildersreality. com

Hope you're doing well!

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2006, 02:31:10 PM »
Hey John,

You ought to consider doing a DVD reality documentary on your comeback.

I know a guy. ;D

Scott
www.bodybuildersreality. com

Hope you're doing well!

I know people that may should be included on this project as well.  Let's take this to PM, gentlemen.   ;D

Matt C, meet me on deck.   ;)

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2006, 02:32:22 PM »
I think we may be looking at future squad-approval here, boys.  What say all of ye? 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2006, 02:33:43 PM »
I think we may be looking at future squad-approval here, boys.  What say all of ye? 

As far as I am concerned Sherman gets the approval.

I am reading his posts and am thankful that there is actually still some intelligent bodybuilders of the old guard still out there.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2006, 02:50:54 PM »

I am reading his posts and am thankful that there is actually still some intelligent bodybuilders of the old guard still out there.

Yes and these are the resources we must query for keys to our continued enjoyment of this sport, IMO. 

will938

• Getbig III
  • No Bull!
« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2006, 03:14:28 PM »

Fook me!! I'm sure John will sleep sounder than ever having your approval Gollum Adam ;D
Team Efferding

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2006, 05:02:31 PM »
I'm starting to think that a comeback is necessary to clear up any confusion, what do you think? 

Yeah, The Sherman Tank needs to come out of the mothballs. What happened the other time you came back, you know with the Muscleteck ads?

I'm sure if I pressed the issue I could get JM to dig up the scoresheets and provide a fax.

Could you get JM to make a DVD of the 92 USA's. FOr that matter the USA's from the 90's.