Author Topic: Upper Body Only  (Read 12567 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Upper Body Only
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2006, 08:43:06 AM »
I joined a nearby gym over the summer and have become addicted to the weights. I love training my whole body with different exercises. Every week brings new rewards and new challenges. Lately though, I have noticed a lot of people who only train their upper bodies. I know for some people with injuries or such, this is their only option.  But most of them are healthy and just do not train their lower body.  To me, this is definitely not the way to go.  Who cares if you have a huge chest and massive arms, when you walk around on toothpick legs. What's everyones opinion on this? Just wondering.
When you train the body you have to train the whole body. You will look ridiculous otherwise. Guys with no legs and a big upper body look ridiculous and guys with no upper body and big legs look ridiculous.

PB

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2008, 12:22:02 AM »
what caused this ancient thread to be bumped, cos i sure didn't.

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2008, 01:28:16 AM »
I joined a nearby gym over the summer and have become addicted to the weights. I love training my whole body with different exercises. Every week brings new rewards and new challenges. Lately though, I have noticed a lot of people who only train their upper bodies. I know for some people with injuries or such, this is their only option.  But most of them are healthy and just do not train their lower body.  To me, this is definitely not the way to go.  Who cares if you have a huge chest and massive arms, when you walk around on toothpick legs. What's everyones opinion on this? Just wondering.
Just remember .....

NEVER BACK DOWN!!!!

Moosejay

« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2008, 01:32:13 AM »
If you train long enough, and get injured enough, you will be happy just to walk into any gym and be able to do anything

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2008, 01:43:05 AM »
I think most gym rats who neglect legs just don't bother because they make training too damn long and tedious to begin with.  I can only imagine the leg workouts some of these guys would come up with. You know the guys who do 5 exercises for every muscle group for 25 sets day in and day out,  They just don't get it to begin with.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2008, 01:54:55 PM »
I have and will never admit the guy without big wheels as a bber.
I respect big wheels with 16 inchs arms guys more than tooth pic legs with 20 inchs arms guys.
Having big wheels need 10000000000 times more mental power than having big another bodyparts.
Big wheels=Respect.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2008, 08:26:32 PM »
I have and will never admit the guy without big wheels as a bber.
I respect big wheels with 16 inchs arms guys more than tooth pic legs with 20 inchs arms guys.
Having big wheels need 10000000000 times more mental power than having big another bodyparts.
Big wheels=Respect.

but if ur 'big wheels' are out of proportion to ur upperbody, then that defeats the purpose of stepping on a bbing stage.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2008, 06:13:46 PM »

Big wheels=Respect.

AND LOTS OF CHICS TOO...Chics love big wheels.

Fulgorre

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2008, 06:34:39 PM »
Since i started school and wid my busy ass schedule, I joined 24hr fitness sport.  I also go to Gold's Gym where everybody worksout their legs there.  At 24hr, I get all the leg exercise machine/racks all to myself on leg days cuz not alot of people do legs at 24hr, esp where i go.  I find a routine at 24hr also, MOndays, everybody and their momma does chest... that leaves others free to do legs.

Peace.

And there is less competition from other big dudes so you got all the ladies to yourself. :D

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2008, 07:06:52 PM »
why trains legs when nobody sees them?
TEAM Nasser

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2008, 07:17:13 PM »
this thread had 2 years,and still not one damn pic.

bench

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2008, 07:40:11 PM »

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2008, 07:43:10 PM »
what caused this ancient thread to be bumped, cos i sure didn't.
lol, October 21, 2006, 07:20:42 PM