Author Topic: Train in pain  (Read 2383 times)

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
Train in pain
« on: October 23, 2006, 04:19:30 AM »
I have a bad elbow and shoulder, both left arm. When I am doing bench, some times the pain is very strong. I tried to rest, used some Voltaren pills, took magnesium, vit. C E, etc. Doctors say that everithing is fine! As this wasn't enough, I have some pain on the heart area and I cannot distinguish if it is muscle pain or something vascular, it hurts alot when I breed intensivly after heavy bench or heavy squat! What do you guys think?
S

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Re: Train in pain
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 11:56:50 AM »
I have a bad elbow and shoulder, both left arm. When I am doing bench, some times the pain is very strong. I tried to rest, used some Voltaren pills, took magnesium, vit. C E, etc. Doctors say that everithing is fine! As this wasn't enough, I have some pain on the heart area and I cannot distinguish if it is muscle pain or something vascular, it hurts alot when I breed intensivly after heavy bench or heavy squat! What do you guys think?
acid reflux?? do you smoke? were you a smoker? as for minor pain, you can try to train around it as best you can.
bodybuildersreality.com

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 02:21:21 AM »
acid reflux?? do you smoke? were you a smoker? as for minor pain, you can try to train around it as best you can.
I don't exactly smoke, but I spend many hours per week, doing security in clubs were there are lots of smoke! My clothing gets a nasty, cigarrette smell!
S

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 03:21:00 PM »
I don't exactly smoke, but I spend many hours per week, doing security in clubs were there are lots of smoke! My clothing gets a nasty, cigarrette smell!
yuck, yeah i wouldn't want to be breathing that in too much.  Hopefully that isn't the cause for your pain in your chest. All your minor pains should be treated though, hot tub or massage or anti-inflamitories from your doc.
bodybuildersreality.com

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 08:55:06 AM »
Out on a limb but... it may be a vagovasal reaponse causing the pain. Try working on your breathing and see if that helps.

Another (and more likely) possibility is a subluxated rib head on the left. In your area, only an osteopath would be able to put it back into place. If you can get a good osteopath on the phone, he/she'll be able to tell you for sure if it's a rib in less than a minute.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 04:48:59 AM »
Out on a limb but... it may be a vagovasal reaponse causing the pain. Try working on your breathing and see if that helps.

Another (and more likely) possibility is a subluxated rib head on the left. In your area, only an osteopath would be able to put it back into place. If you can get a good osteopath on the phone, he/she'll be able to tell you for sure if it's a rib in less than a minute.
Thanx for the tip! :)
S