Author Topic: How bout dem Cowboys??  (Read 2954 times)

body88

Re: How bout dem Cowboys??
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2006, 06:04:43 PM »
Yeah maybe you are right.  On second thought they lose all there remaining games by a margin of 2 points and Jerry, Bill and TO have nervous breakdowns.

TO will be screaming at Romo is a few weeks. Guy is not worth all the trouble. Nice catch on 4th and short yesterday TO ::)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2006, 06:13:05 PM »
Nate Newton!  The biggest dope dealer in the history of mankind. 

Still, he's a one man wrecking team on the line for the Cowboys, can't argue the results... :-\

Always been a fan of the 49'ers though, kinda hoping that the rookie JJ Stokes can ultimately become the heir apparent to Jerry Rice once the guy quits, which I'm sure he'll do any day now, he's gettin' kinda old, must be at least 30.

Seifert is runnin the tight show fo' sho' though.

IMO, Barry needs to find a real team. He will never win anything on shit club like the Lions.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2006, 06:17:02 PM »
Can you believe Michael Irvin picked the them to win the Superbowl? How could you pick any team that has Bledsoe at QB?
many teams picked Bledsoe to lead them to the promise land Buffalo,New England and Dallas. he was a number one draft pick, has been a NFL starting QB for more than ten years. yea he isnt mobile but the fact that he has been immobile for his entire career but yet is continually accepted by owners and coaches to start for their team speaks more about his ability to lead a team. any quarterback behind that line would be unsuccessful, two sacks last night were completely unimpeded. im no Bledsoe fan he throws to many interceptions in the red zone however people who dismiss him as an efective quarterback with out looking at the entire picture easily come to the conclusion that its always the quarterbacks fault. the offensive line needs to step it up until they do i dont care who they have under center.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2006, 06:21:26 PM »
I dunno why Parcells benched Bledsoe, not like Romo did jack shit.

Parcels is done. That was a dick move.
Can't agree, only prob with replacing him was not doing it sooner, something Parcells has done before. They have to elevate the play of the QB, so it's inevitable that someone else had to go in, the earlier the better so as to get reps in practice and game experience. If he can eliminate the mistakes he's physically an improvement over Bledsoe. Also gets the ball to TO more, which will only help the team overall.

many teams picked Bledsoe to lead them to the promise land Buffalo,New England and Dallas. he was a number one draft pick, has been a NFL starting QB for more than ten years. yea he isnt mobile but the fact that he has been immobile for his entire career but yet is continually accepted by owners and coaches to start for their team speaks more about his ability to lead a team.
Few think he was ever a great QB, rather the perception is that he was a good one. Thus it's a little unfair to assume he was supposed to be a savior. He played well on a weak team in Buffalo, now he's too old, doesn't have consistent velocity or accuracy anymore AND looks shelf-shocked. Which is why Romo's an upgrade if he can eliminate the mistakes through game exposure and practice reps given that he's much better physically. He should've been in sooner but Bledsoe's deterioration might not have been evident sooner and/or Parcells tends to favor veteran QBs even if it sometimes hurts the team.

body88

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2006, 06:23:12 PM »
many teams picked Bledsoe to lead them to the promise land Buffalo,New England and Dallas. he was a number one draft pick, has been a NFL starting QB for more than ten years. yea he isnt mobile but the fact that he has been immobile for his entire career but yet is continually accepted by owners and coaches to start for their team speaks more about his ability to lead a team. any quarterback behind that line would be unsuccessful, two sacks last night were completely unimpeded. im no Bledsoe fan he throws to many interceptions in the red zone however people who dismiss him as an efective quarterback with out looking at the entire picture easily come to the conclusion that its always the quarterbacks fault. the offensive line needs to step it up until they do i dont care who they have under center.

Yep.... Bledsoe has good carrer numbers. He throws to many picks. But he can be VERY effective also. That line is garbage and anyone who blames Bledsoe for the Cowboys meltdown is in Denial. The blame should be shared by TO and the Fat tuna.
Drew needs to be behind a wall of a offensive line. He would excel in that setting.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2006, 06:31:00 PM »
But he can be VERY effective also. That line is garbage and anyone who blames Bledsoe for the Cowboys meltdown is in Denial.
Only effective some of the time, now. The team's not that good overall, didn't deserve the hype. Romo's physically an improvement at QB IF he can get the game experience and reps and understands how to minimize mistakes.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2006, 06:34:10 PM »
Can't agree, should've been done closer to the beginning of the season. They have to elevate the play of the QB, so it's inevitable that someone else had to go in, the earlier the better so as to get reps in practice and game experience. If he can eliminate the mistakes that way, he's definitely an improvement over Bledsoe. Also gets the ball to TO more, which will only help the team overall.

Few think he was ever a great QB, rather the perception is that he was a good one. Thus it's a little unfair to blame him for some of the problems-he played well with a weak team in Buffalo, now he's too old, doesn't have consistent velocity or accuracy anymore, which is why Romo's an upgrade if he can eliminate the mistakes through game exposure and practice reps.
-if he was a definite improvement over Bledsoe he would have been the starter at the beginning of the season.
-you dont need to be considered a great QB to lead your team to the Super Bowl ask Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Jeff Hostetler, Doug Williams and that is only in a span of 10 or so years. many average or below average QB's have won Super Bowls.
-he may be immobile but there is nothing wrong with his velocity, that is insane. he will have NFL velocity at the age of fifty. he can throw the ball through a brick wall. im not saying you need a rocket to be successful.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2006, 06:36:06 PM »
I think Bledsoe will do good in the Pros, he was solid at Washington.

YIP
Zack

As empty as paradise

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2006, 06:37:47 PM »
 ::)

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2006, 08:11:43 PM »
-if he was a definite improvement over Bledsoe he would have been the starter at the beginning of the season.
Then you haven't followed Parcels long enough; he favors veterans, sometimes too long.

-you dont need to be considered a great QB to lead your team to the Super Bowl ask Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Jeff Hostetler, Doug Williams and that is only in a span of 10 or so years. many average or below average QB's have won Super Bowls.
Obviously; here in NY we saw that first-hand with Hostetler. However, the weaker the overall team the more the onus is on the QB. Since you brought up Hostetler you should know that Parcels didn't want to play him, in the same way he didn't want to play Romo-Hostetler only got in because of injury, not because of Parcels' wisdom. The rest, including the fact that Hotetler was more mobile, was good fortune-If Simms hadn't gotten injured it's unlikely they'd have gotten past SF that year IMO; they'd been unable to beat them with Simms standing there.

-he may be immobile but there is nothing wrong with his velocity, that is insane. he will have NFL velocity at the age of fifty. he can throw the ball through a brick wall. im not saying you need a rocket to be successful.
I said velocity and accuracy. Second, he does not consistently throw the ball on a line anymore the way Romo did last night. Third, mobility. Romo's got the mechanics, only needs the experience to understand what to avoid. If Bledsoe wasn't such a jerk he'd be speaking with Romo, helping him understand the game.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2006, 08:14:25 PM »

oh yeah , everyone thought Pitt was going to beat Rutgers.... hhmmmmmmm

RUTGERS will be playing for a shot at the National Championship on the last week of the season vs. West Virginia!!!!

haha you're actually a rutgers fan, i wonder if you would've admitted to that 5 years ago

or did you just jump on the bandwagon ::)

E
E

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2006, 06:33:54 AM »
haha you're actually a rutgers fan, i wonder if you would've admitted to that 5 years ago

or did you just jump on the bandwagon ::)

E

I probably would five years ago cause I was still at Rutgers hahahahahah Ive been to too many games where i left at halftime cause it was a rout!!

It wasnt my first pick to go to school...I actually was going to UNC ..went down south with my pops and brother to get an apartment..found the nicest pad in a good ass neighborhood outside of the school and two weeks before we moved in , the management from the place said that our application to the apartment was denied!! So I had to go to Rutgers cause I opted out of the housing at UNC. Definite screw job. From talking to the people after we signed everything and gave them an application fee of 125 buck the last thing they said was ..."see you when you move in y'all!!!"

I actually had thrown tons of parties at my house in New brunswick when LJ Smith went to school there.
L

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2006, 12:41:47 PM »
      -Then you haven't followed Parcels long enough; he favors veterans, sometimes too long.

-Obviously; here in NY we saw that first-hand with Hostetler. However, the weaker the overall team the more the onus is on the QB. Since you brought up Hostetler you should know that Parcels didn't want to play him, in the same way he didn't want to play Romo-Hostetler only got in because of injury, not because of Parcels' wisdom. The rest, including the fact that Hotetler was more mobile, was good fortune-If Simms hadn't gotten injured it's unlikely they'd have gotten past SF that year IMO; they'd been unable to beat them with Simms standing there.

-I said velocity and accuracy. Second, he does not consistently throw the ball on a line anymore the way Romo did last night. Third, mobility. Romo's got the mechanics, only needs the experience to understand what to avoid. If Bledsoe wasn't such a jerk he'd be speaking with Romo, helping him understand the game.
  - on the contrary i have been following football in general for a while now, and being that Parcells has been a fixture in the NFL i have been following him. stating that Parcells favors verterans isnt saying much, that is well known even by people who dont follow Parcells.
  - i think everyone on the east coast or anyone watching football at the time knew that Hoss only played because Simms was injured. again youre stating something w/out actually saying anything. and yes its is entirely your opinion that you feel the Giants wouldnt have gotten past the Niners with Simms. yes they did lose to the Niners earlier that year but they finished the season 13-3 i believe.
  - your saying that Bledsoe doesnt consistantly throw the ball on a line any more than Romo does? i could easily argue the opposite.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2006, 02:38:41 PM »
  - on the contrary i have been following football in general for a while now, and being that Parcells has been a fixture in the NFL i have been following him. stating that Parcells favors verterans isnt saying much, that is well known even by people who dont follow Parcells.
  - i think everyone on the east coast or anyone watching football at the time knew that Hoss only played because Simms was injured. again youre stating something w/out actually saying anything. and yes its is entirely your opinion that you feel the Giants wouldnt have gotten past the Niners with Simms. yes they did lose to the Niners earlier that year but they finished the season 13-3 i believe.
  - your saying that Bledsoe doesnt consistantly throw the ball on a line any more than Romo does? i could easily argue the opposite.
Empty rhetoric.. ;D ;D ;D

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2006, 03:29:36 PM »
Then you haven't followed Parcels long enough; he favors veterans, sometimes too long.
Obviously; here in NY we saw that first-hand with Hostetler. However, the weaker the overall team the more the onus is on the QB. Since you brought up Hostetler you should know that Parcels didn't want to play him, in the same way he didn't want to play Romo-Hostetler only got in because of injury, not because of Parcels' wisdom. The rest, including the fact that Hotetler was more mobile, was good fortune-If Simms hadn't gotten injured it's unlikely they'd have gotten past SF that year IMO; they'd been unable to beat them with Simms standing there.
I said velocity and accuracy. Second, he does not consistently throw the ball on a line anymore the way Romo did last night. Third, mobility. Romo's got the mechanics, only needs the experience to understand what to avoid. If Bledsoe wasn't such a jerk he'd be speaking with Romo, helping him understand the game.
funny you should say that cause.... ;D