Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
December 12, 2017, 04:46:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Sits  (Read 2778 times)
Ex Coelis
Getbig V

« on: October 26, 2006, 02:02:00 PM »

We do a lot of Wall Sits in the army; sitting against the wall, legs parralel to the ground, both two legged and one legged. We always go until our legs collapse of their own accord from the strain. I'm curious if doing Wall Sits actually has a positive effect on muscle endurance or if it simply increases your tolerance/familiarity with pain.
Report to moderator   Logged
Jr. Yates
Getbig V

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 02:26:38 PM »

We do a lot of Wall Sits in the army; sitting against the wall, legs parralel to the ground, both two legged and one legged. We always go until our legs collapse of their own accord from the strain. I'm curious if doing Wall Sits actually has a positive effect on muscle endurance or if it simply increases your tolerance/familiarity with pain.

I think its both. your flexing your muscles and its a constant rush of blood and lactic acid so the muscles are getting strained. thats a good question though.

bodybuildersreality.com
JPM
Getbig IV

Getbig!

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 02:39:49 PM »

Just wondeing if you use a towel or small, light blanket against the back when doing those wall sit's? So you would slide better. Or just fatiques/T shirt? 

I would think you would get execellent recuitment of the quads. Stamina (endurance & strength) in the whole lower body. The nearest exercise I could think of similar to wall sits would be sissy squats or Roman chair squats. Good Luck.
Mr. Intenseone
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 03:19:07 PM »

Absolutley.....doing wall sits helps break through the lactate threshold common with endurance, when supersetting them with a resistance exercise, the results are incredible!
brianX
Getbig IV

Kiwiol has 13" arms!

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 09:29:52 PM »

I did them when I first started training. Pure torture.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha
jaejonna
Getbig V

Head Asian of Getbig

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 05:27:40 AM »

Dorian used wallsits to bring out his 'cables'..

good exercise..

* Dozzer.jpg (22.16 KB, 200x305 - viewed 452 times.)

L
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!