Author Topic: I am STRUGGLING  (Read 17012 times)

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
Re: I am STRUGGLING
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2006, 07:36:26 AM »
Hi,

Saw your routine. Don't like it.  I can understand you saying you are scared at being fat which can lead to ocd.  I have similar issues i see myself as skinny but try to add as much muscle as possible. My friends tell me im huge; but i know i have muscle but feel I need to get bigger. People gawk at me a lot I know but still feel the need to get bigger.   I eat a ton and work out at least 5 days a week I still have abs cause I eat  clean and have a crap food day once a week.

If your working out don't be afraid of a little body fat you are way to lean.  Eat!  If you are eating like you say and still are that slim you may want to get your thyroid checked and also full blood work done.  Cant hurt.

As for a workout Do each muscle once per week heavy.  didnt see much bicep, delt or tri  work in your workout.  Don't do cardio dude ya don't really need to. 

Throw in some glutamine which will help you muscles recover.

As long as you don't go crazy and eat bad food 24/7 you have nothing to worry about.  Eat some crap too once in awhile give yourself a treat.

Take care dude

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2006, 08:07:16 AM »
Hi,

Saw your routine. Don't like it.  I can understand you saying you are scared at being fat which can lead to ocd.  I have similar issues i see myself as skinny but try to add as much muscle as possible. My friends tell me im huge; but i know i have muscle but feel I need to get bigger. People gawk at me a lot I know but still feel the need to get bigger.   I eat a ton and work out at least 5 days a week I still have abs cause I eat  clean and have a crap food day once a week.

If your working out don't be afraid of a little body fat you are way to lean.  Eat!  If you are eating like you say and still are that slim you may want to get your thyroid checked and also full blood work done.  Cant hurt.

As for a workout Do each muscle once per week heavy.  didnt see much bicep, delt or tri  work in your workout.  Don't do cardio dude ya don't really need to. 

Throw in some glutamine which will help you muscles recover.

As long as you don't go crazy and eat bad food 24/7 you have nothing to worry about.  Eat some crap too once in awhile give yourself a treat.

Take care dude

blondmuscl, you sound like a textbook BDD case. Which includes OCD behaviors.

And my guess about Lugar....Bulimia. Maybe not now but the extreme worry over gaining 5 pounds of fat when you are ripped to the point of looking like a holocaust victim says that the way you "overcame" your "weight problem" was through some sort of disorder.

Get help for this. Diet and exercise arent going to solve mental issues.

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2006, 08:17:34 AM »
can I see a sample diet?  Stats?  bf%?

This is my whole point - you dont need a sample diet - you are really thin dude - just eat eat and eat some more - breakffast - bacon, whole eggs and wholemeal toast for instance,  - stop counting carbs - as long as you dont overdose on sugar you aint gonna get fat. The last thing you need to worry about looking at those pics is eating clean - atleast for a few months. And like lift 4 size says - you can certainly afford to put on a bit of fat. I would just make sure you get enough protein and dont worry where the rest of your calories come from for a month or 2 - chips, pasta, pizza, breads. You need to chill out bro!  ;)

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2006, 08:20:59 AM »
just curious how you guys eat...tis all..

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2006, 08:27:41 AM »

Like i say - IMO your diet is too clean to put on weight taking into consideration what you have been eating and your pics.

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2006, 10:03:52 AM »
Definately eat bro and pleazzzzzzze get a check up and ask them to check your thyroid if its overactive you will  be thin! This can be treated with simple medication.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2006, 10:50:15 AM »
my man looks like he is tryin out for Schindler's list 2 , The After Math
L

trulytoned

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2006, 07:22:14 PM »
maybe you have a tape worm
big or bust

Mr.Hutch

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2006, 08:06:46 PM »
Doesnt mean you need to eat more you just need to switch some of your foods around with higher cal foods...For example instead of a chicken breast switch it to 8 oz. lean ground beef..your eating plenty just eating too clean...And you need to switch to a 3 or 4 day training split...And take the weekends off and eat whatever you want...

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2006, 11:30:07 PM »

Our diets are irrelevant because I dont think anyone on here has the same problems as you!  My diet is reduced in carbs at the moment because I am cutting, if I put it up and you take it as an example that would be completely counterproductive!

You just need to eat more whole foods, and crap one or two days a week.
It hasn't helped...

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2006, 04:56:59 AM »
I haven't taken a day off from the gym in a few weeks....some workouts are like bis and abs only, so they are quick and sweet....is this my problem?  530am cardio (at a crawl just for stretch) 7 days a week too....

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2006, 05:10:46 AM »
I haven't taken a day off from the gym in a few weeks....some workouts are like bis and abs only, so they are quick and sweet....is this my problem?  530am cardio (at a crawl just for stretch) 7 days a week too....

why? you have asked for opinions and so have been givien them. why are you still getting your a ss out of bed at 5am to do cardio 7 days a week?? Crazy!!  Seriously - somebody may have had a point when they said you cant put on weight coz you are beating yourself up about it and getting so obssessed about it. Im starting to think you may have OCD man. Smoke a blunt, eat pizza and lay in bed till 9 atleast once a week!!  ;D

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2006, 05:43:00 AM »
No question I have ocd....I sit in an ofice all day so I raeally feel it helps me mentally...I'd say 2 out of 7 days I dont want to go, but I do it anyway...hell, it's 3.0 speed and 12%grade.....mild..........

i havent had pizza fast food, etc for years!  I'd love to see a true bodybuilders off season diet from someone here...does the fact that im on hrt allow me to eat more without the fear of fat stores?  I'm only 10%bf, not like I'm 3...although 6'1 and 170 is scary...

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2006, 05:47:27 AM »
No question I have ocd....I sit in an ofice all day so I raeally feel it helps me mentally...I'd say 2 out of 7 days I dont want to go, but I do it anyway...hell, it's 3.0 speed and 12%grade.....mild..........

i havent had pizza fast food, etc for years!  I'd love to see a true bodybuilders off season diet from someone here...does the fact that im on hrt allow me to eat more without the fear of fat stores?  I'm only 10%bf, not like I'm 3...although 6'1 and 170 is scary...

Seriously now, do you compete? If not, then what on earth is the point in "not eating fast food for years", "getting up at 5am 7 days a week to do cardio"? I think you may need to go see somebody bro  :-\

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2006, 05:56:17 AM »
You are right bro and that's why I am here....to get the help of the knowledable....assist me please without saying just EAT....sample my training plan and nut plan and give me some str8 up advice.....keeep in mind, I'm 30, I would love to try and compete.....can someone who competes give me some insight?

DEADS 4X8 (2 WARMS)
TBAR ROWS 12,10,8,6
WIDE LATE PULL 3X8-10
TRIANGLE CLOSE GRIP PULL 8-12

SHRUGS 4X10

that is what I have in store for today......is it ok?

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2006, 06:05:04 AM »

Heres what i do - not saying its great i dont compete or anything but i have managed to get from just around 200 to around 220 in a couple of yrs and bf hasnt significantly increased

Monday - Shoulders and traps
Tuesday - Back and bi's
Wednesday - cardio and abs
Thursday - Chest and tris
Friday - Legs and forearms
Saturday - Cardio and abs (depending on how i feel / how im looking)
Sunday - off

This gives you a saturday afternoon / night to have a blowout / get pi ssed / stoned / do what you want and sunday to recover. Which unless you are a competitive bodybuilder i dont see why you should deny yourself.

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2006, 06:08:16 AM »
You are right bro and that's why I am here....to get the help of the knowledable....assist me please without saying just EAT....sample my training plan and nut plan and give me some str8 up advice.....keeep in mind, I'm 30, I would love to try and compete.....can someone who competes give me some insight?

DEADS 4X8 (2 WARMS)
TBAR ROWS 12,10,8,6
WIDE LATE PULL 3X8-10
TRIANGLE CLOSE GRIP PULL 8-12

SHRUGS 4X10

that is what I have in store for today......is it ok?

P.S. also if you are gonna eat clean all week make sure you eat some crap at the weekend - literally whatever you feel like !!

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2006, 06:45:20 AM »
lol...what r your stats?m  gimme a sample of todays diet n this weekend?

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2006, 07:10:23 AM »
lol...what r your stats?m  gimme a sample of todays diet n this weekend?

Haha - im starting to feel like im banging my head against a brick wall mate!! Ok - today:
07:30 Scrambled eggs (3) and grilled bacon (4 rashers) with wholemeal toast (3 rounds)
10:30 Tuna mayo sandwich on 2 rounds wholemeal bread, 1 banana, 1 apple.
13:30 1lb of steak with baked potato (2)
16:00 - will have a beef n onion sandwich and a pint of skim milk
18:00 - Train
20:00 - Full dinner - maybe chicken breasts in cheese and ham sauce (2 breasts) with baked potatoes or oven chips and vegetables. Desert wotever i have in fridge
22:30 - If still hungry, bowl of oatmeal / protein shake with yoghurt, etc.

This is reasonably clean without being obsessive about it. The weekends just dont bare thinking about - beer, wee d, pizza, kfc, mcdonalds etc. And sometimes a bit of coke and x - which i am trying to stop coz they stop me eating !!  :(

Here is an article i read a while ago with a good quote from former pro ian harrison - i know he was on copious amounts of gear but the theory of having to force feed is still the same - it can just be done to a more ridiculous degree when juicing: -

You Wanna Be Freaky? Then You Gotta Eat Freaky!

We have now entered what many deem as the most difficult aspect of this sport.

I've said this before, and I will say it again, you cannot get a highly competitive physique and maintain your abs all year long! It doesn’t work that way. And unfortunately, the majority of today’s magazines make this out to be the case.
The quickest way to gain mass is to eat, like you have never eaten before, and ask questions latter! If you have ever been to Venice Beach, you will understand exactly what I am talking about. Bodybuilders are absolute tanks in the off season!

I’m not sure how many of you are familiar with Ian Harrison, but he is actually one of the founders of the massive physiques you see on stage today. He is one of the first athletes to bulk up to over 320 pounds on a consistent basis, and as far as pure size is concerned, he was right up there with Yates, Rhul, and Nasser. Ian has stated that he literally doesn’t care what he looks like in the off season, as long as he’s gaining size. In fact he has been quoted with eating three liters of ice cream a day while bulking. Literally, as long as he doesn’t throw it up, he will eat it!

And even then he may force feed it. During a seminar he told a very inspiring story. He ate 30 desiccated liver tablets, felt sick and threw them up. They went flying across the room. What did he do? Casually rinsed them off, and re-downed them, because he knew that was what it would take for him to get the physique he wanted. Ian has a difficult time gaining weight, so he did what it took to gain it!

“ If you want to be one of the big boys, you can't just say eat when you are hungry. Or I'll just eat this, or I'm full, I can't eat that. You've got to just eat it. You're not eating cause you like it, you're eating to grow! If you have to force feed yourself, then do it! When I stopped competing it took me months to regain my appetite. I mean since I was 15 I force fed myself constantly, and you get to hate the idea of eating. But that’s what it took“

Quote - Ian Harrison

It’s a fact that bodybuilders do not stay within 5-10 pounds of their contest shape, not if they are one of the monsters up there. Ian has an extremely insane regimen, in which he eats anything he can get his hands on all day, and essentially just makes sure that he gets 50 grams of protein in him every two hours to keep his amino acid intake up.

Lee Priest is the same way, in one interview he stated that he had lost, something like 300 pounds over the last three years! That’s insane! But do you think he could have developed a physique that freaky by staying lean all year long? Absolutely not! If you have ever seen his videos, you know that Lee feasts on Kentucky Fried Chicken, Mc Donalds, and other tasty food sources in the off season. One of my favorite quotes from him during a contest was this:

Just three more days, and no more chicken and rice. Actually I will eat chicken, but it will be Kentucky, and I will have rice, but it’ll be fried. “

Lee’s got a good sense of humor. Another story that comes to mind is Mike Mattarazzos off season shakes! Here is a quote from the man with the freakiest arms of all time!

If I couldn't finish a meal during the day, I would put a cup and a half of apple juice in the blender -- and this is the honest-to-God truth -- and throw steaks, fish, whatever I couldn't chew, into the blender. Then I would hold my nose and suck it down. That's a fact. Many times I puked that stuff back up, but it did the job….If you have been working hard in the gym, but you're not making the gains you want, there's one very simple reason: You're not eating enough.

As you have also noticed and heard, many bodybuilders eat junk food in the off season, because it is impossible to stay clean and get the amount of calories needed for these mammoths to gain size! Some of the most hardcore athletes in the world will actually bring their fast food meals with them to the gym so that they continue to stay in a state of anabolism! That’s no joke, its what they do to obtain freaky big size( you can’t pick that up in a text book)!

Junk food is so calorie dense, that if you maintain a high protein intake you can gain quite a bit of muscle mass off the stuff. Take the Austrian Oak for example. When he went in the military, all they had was junk food. However, he had to eat, or he couldn’t continue to grow. He rolled up his sleeves and ate as much of these foods as possible, and ended up putting on about 40 pounds! More than he had ever gained!

Am I telling you to go out and start eating junk food? No and no wise although you may advance to a point in which it is necessary). What I am telling you, is that you are going to have to eat like you want to be freaky, or you will never be freaky! If you can’t finish your meal, tuff! Rest pause for 5 minutes and force it down. There is no excuse for not gaining mass, you just need to do what it takes to gain it!

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2006, 11:07:05 AM »
that is one of the ugliest ab structures i have ever seen. also...your chest is a muscle, work it out.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2006, 10:15:01 PM »

How many times do you need to be told the same thing  ::)  You have repeatedly asked the same questions over and over for months.  Posting them in different forums will not get you different answers.  People have continuously offered diet and training assistance, including many sample routines and menus. I wouldn't be surprised if the "professional" you hired fired you for not taking his advice.  BTW ~ fruits and vegetables need to be included in your diet.

Along with the exercise bulimia and other OCD issues, clearly you have body dismorphia.  And if you sincerely believe those pictures depict 10% BF, then you're delusional as well.
:

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2006, 07:31:07 AM »
All that I have asked was for someone to copy and paste my diet and then add in or subtract to meet my goals.  I do want to gain muscle, that's not my problem....I just want to do it as lean as possible.  Can't I add mass and keep my bf below 10%?  I am starving myself I know that.....

My ab structure is horrid??  Cmon....I know thats def not the case but there will continusly be haters....I understand that...this was today:

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2006, 09:58:10 AM »
Keep doing what you always have been.  These people are mostly fat themselves with not near as much muscle as you Lugar.

DO NOT LISTEN to them.  You will gain muscle at the same rate. Just stick with what you are doing.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2006, 11:55:13 AM »
Hey Lugar post full body shots from the front and from the back so that we can really see where you are at. From there we will be able to give you better information that could benefit you.
just push some weight!

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2006, 08:27:23 AM »
Haha - im starting to feel like im banging my head against a brick wall mate!! Ok - today:
07:30 Scrambled eggs (3) and grilled bacon (4 rashers) with wholemeal toast (3 rounds)
10:30 Tuna mayo sandwich on 2 rounds wholemeal bread, 1 banana, 1 apple.
13:30 1lb of steak with baked potato (2)
16:00 - will have a beef n onion sandwich and a pint of skim milk
18:00 - Train
20:00 - Full dinner - maybe chicken breasts in cheese and ham sauce (2 breasts) with baked potatoes or oven chips and vegetables. Desert wotever i have in fridge
22:30 - If still hungry, bowl of oatmeal / protein shake with yoghurt, etc.

This is reasonably clean without being obsessive about it. The weekends just dont bare thinking about - beer, wee d, pizza, kfc, mcdonalds etc. And sometimes a bit of coke and x - which i am trying to stop coz they stop me eating !!  :(

Here is an article i read a while ago with a good quote from former pro ian harrison - i know he was on copious amounts of gear but the theory of having to force feed is still the same - it can just be done to a more ridiculous degree when juicing: -

You Wanna Be Freaky? Then You Gotta Eat Freaky!

We have now entered what many deem as the most difficult aspect of this sport.

I've said this before, and I will say it again, you cannot get a highly competitive physique and maintain your abs all year long! It doesn’t work that way. And unfortunately, the majority of today’s magazines make this out to be the case.
The quickest way to gain mass is to eat, like you have never eaten before, and ask questions latter! If you have ever been to Venice Beach, you will understand exactly what I am talking about. Bodybuilders are absolute tanks in the off season!

I’m not sure how many of you are familiar with Ian Harrison, but he is actually one of the founders of the massive physiques you see on stage today. He is one of the first athletes to bulk up to over 320 pounds on a consistent basis, and as far as pure size is concerned, he was right up there with Yates, Rhul, and Nasser. Ian has stated that he literally doesn’t care what he looks like in the off season, as long as he’s gaining size. In fact he has been quoted with eating three liters of ice cream a day while bulking. Literally, as long as he doesn’t throw it up, he will eat it!

And even then he may force feed it. During a seminar he told a very inspiring story. He ate 30 desiccated liver tablets, felt sick and threw them up. They went flying across the room. What did he do? Casually rinsed them off, and re-downed them, because he knew that was what it would take for him to get the physique he wanted. Ian has a difficult time gaining weight, so he did what it took to gain it!

“ If you want to be one of the big boys, you can't just say eat when you are hungry. Or I'll just eat this, or I'm full, I can't eat that. You've got to just eat it. You're not eating cause you like it, you're eating to grow! If you have to force feed yourself, then do it! When I stopped competing it took me months to regain my appetite. I mean since I was 15 I force fed myself constantly, and you get to hate the idea of eating. But that’s what it took“

Quote - Ian Harrison

It’s a fact that bodybuilders do not stay within 5-10 pounds of their contest shape, not if they are one of the monsters up there. Ian has an extremely insane regimen, in which he eats anything he can get his hands on all day, and essentially just makes sure that he gets 50 grams of protein in him every two hours to keep his amino acid intake up.

Lee Priest is the same way, in one interview he stated that he had lost, something like 300 pounds over the last three years! That’s insane! But do you think he could have developed a physique that freaky by staying lean all year long? Absolutely not! If you have ever seen his videos, you know that Lee feasts on Kentucky Fried Chicken, Mc Donalds, and other tasty food sources in the off season. One of my favorite quotes from him during a contest was this:

Just three more days, and no more chicken and rice. Actually I will eat chicken, but it will be Kentucky, and I will have rice, but it’ll be fried. “

Lee’s got a good sense of humor. Another story that comes to mind is Mike Mattarazzos off season shakes! Here is a quote from the man with the freakiest arms of all time!

If I couldn't finish a meal during the day, I would put a cup and a half of apple juice in the blender -- and this is the honest-to-God truth -- and throw steaks, fish, whatever I couldn't chew, into the blender. Then I would hold my nose and suck it down. That's a fact. Many times I puked that stuff back up, but it did the job….If you have been working hard in the gym, but you're not making the gains you want, there's one very simple reason: You're not eating enough.

As you have also noticed and heard, many bodybuilders eat junk food in the off season, because it is impossible to stay clean and get the amount of calories needed for these mammoths to gain size! Some of the most hardcore athletes in the world will actually bring their fast food meals with them to the gym so that they continue to stay in a state of anabolism! That’s no joke, its what they do to obtain freaky big size( you can’t pick that up in a text book)!

Junk food is so calorie dense, that if you maintain a high protein intake you can gain quite a bit of muscle mass off the stuff. Take the Austrian Oak for example. When he went in the military, all they had was junk food. However, he had to eat, or he couldn’t continue to grow. He rolled up his sleeves and ate as much of these foods as possible, and ended up putting on about 40 pounds! More than he had ever gained!

Am I telling you to go out and start eating junk food? No and no wise although you may advance to a point in which it is necessary). What I am telling you, is that you are going to have to eat like you want to be freaky, or you will never be freaky! If you can’t finish your meal, tuff! Rest pause for 5 minutes and force it down. There is no excuse for not gaining mass, you just need to do what it takes to gain it!

forgive me bro and this isnt a flame, but it appears that you have many more serious problems than I do so I refuse to take your advice.....drugs and bb don't mix....get your life and head straight...I'll work on getting my diet and head str8.....christ.