Author Topic: US Military Blocks Troops From Visiting Alternative News Websites  (Read 3524 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: US Military Blocks Troops From Visiting Alternative News Websites
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2006, 03:40:36 PM »
My gym is owned by former marines, so there are quite a few military folks that train there.  The ones I have talked to have been shocked and dismayed at the mis-information about the war and what's really going on.  This is even amongst those soldiers who think it was wrong to go over there.

1) - I think the operative word is "former".
2) - Are you saying the NIE (from 13 separate US intelligence agencies) is false?
w

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2006, 03:47:18 PM »
1) - I think the operative word is "former".
2) - Are you saying the NIE (from 13 separate US intelligence agencies) is false?
Why is that operative when the soldiers I speak of are still active?   ???

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2006, 04:14:57 PM »
My gym is owned by former marines, so there are quite a few military folks that train there.  The ones I have talked to have been shocked and dismayed at the mis-information about the war and what's really going on.  This is even amongst those soldiers who think it was wrong to go over there.

We have a huge military presence here.  Overall, the public loves them.   

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2006, 04:20:02 PM »
We have a huge military presence here.  Overall, the public loves them.   
Same with my gym.  I always shake the hands and thank these guys.  Same with the firefighters and police officers at my gym.  Good people.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2006, 04:24:56 PM »

So we should take their word for it? Despite all the proof that's right in front of our eyes that tells us Iraq is a mess? I don't understand your logic here. Remember these are soliders, they sacraficed a lot, so naturally they'll say what they fought for was a great and justified cause. They wont swallow their prides!

I talked to this one Vietnam veteran and I asked him what he thought of the anti-war crowd of that era and he was like "they're communists, they're that" and a bunch of other nonsense. I could have taken this guy's word for it, but I knew what he was spewing was utter nonsense.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2006, 04:31:34 PM »
Same with my gym.  I always shake the hands and thank these guys.  Same with the firefighters and police officers at my gym.  Good people.

I hear you.  They're heroes in my book.  I just talked to my buddy the other day who is in Iraq with his son.  They're doing good.  The soldiers are doing their jobs.  Eager to come home, but still committed to the mission.  I wish I could join them. 

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2006, 04:36:11 PM »
I hear you.  They're heroes in my book.  I just talked to my buddy the other day who is in Iraq with his son.  They're doing good.  The soldiers are doing their jobs.  Eager to come home, but still committed to the mission.  I wish I could join them. 
Makes two of us.  I regret not serving like my dad (30yrs in the Marines).  But he didn't want me to go in and I promised him I would not serve. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2006, 04:43:32 PM »
Makes two of us.  I regret not serving like my dad (30yrs in the Marines).  But he didn't want me to go in and I promised him I would not serve. 

You did the right thing.  I served four years in the Army.  I was going to go back in a couple years ago, but the wife and kids were opposed. 

When I was talking to my friend the other day I was sitting in traffic for about an hour and a half traveling to a small town for some volunteer work.  I told my friend that I was complaining about traffic, which I absolutely hate, but nobody was shooting at me.  I never have to worry about an IED on the side of the road.  Helps me keep our freedom and their sacrifice in perspective. 

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2006, 05:03:46 PM »
When I was talking to my friend the other day I was sitting in traffic for about an hour and a half traveling to a small town for some volunteer work.  I told my friend that I was complaining about traffic, which I absolutely hate, but nobody was shooting at me.  I never have to worry about an IED on the side of the road.  Helps me keep our freedom and their sacrifice perspective. 
Amen to that. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2006, 06:30:37 PM »
Why is that operative when the soldiers I speak of are still active?   ???

I thought you were referring to the gym owners.

Do you believe the NIE (conclusions arrived at by 13 separate US intelligence agencies) are wrong?
w