Author Topic: my whimpy aching forearms!  (Read 1399 times)

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
my whimpy aching forearms!
« on: October 20, 2006, 03:52:14 PM »
guys, i need a suggestion to beef up or just plain make my forearms stronger. when i lift, they are usually the first thing that aches and feels sore, because they are not that well developed! thanks! 8)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Re: my whimpy aching forearms!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 03:53:50 PM »
guys, i need a suggestion to beef up or just plain make my forearms stronger. when i lift, they are usually the first thing that aches and feels sore, because they are not that well developed! thanks! 8)
take your wrist straps and burn them, other than that i donno do some wrist curls and incorperate hammer curls and reverse curls into your bicep routine  :-\
bodybuildersreality.com

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 04:00:34 PM »
thanks! :D

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 04:02:20 PM »
thanks! :D
course man! Mine just grew from heavy back training without straps. yours may need actual work like the curls, then its up to you to see if they respond from heavy wrist curls or high rep lighter wrist curls.
bodybuildersreality.com

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 04:34:47 PM »
If you're a beginner you're going to have that problem for a few weeks. Just use straps when you absolutely need them. Keep a tight grip on all exercises until then.
~

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 05:50:41 AM »
If you're a beginner you're going to have that problem for a few weeks. Just use straps when you absolutely need them. Keep a tight grip on all exercises until then.

straps should only be used on the heaviest sets.... maybe 3-4 total sets in a 16 set back workout

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 05:03:25 PM »
take your wrist straps and burn them, other than that i donno do some wrist curls and incorperate hammer curls and reverse curls into your bicep routine  :-\
I agree and disagree concerning straps. I think straps are fine when doing heavy deads and shrugs, after all, on those 2 lifts back and traps are the priority not forearms. Yes, not using straps at all will help your forearms grow, but not to the degree that actual forearm training will. Forearms have always been my weekest bodypart, for years my bi's and tri's were way out of proportion with forearms...and we all know how stupid this looks. I tried dropping the straps all together and this helped a little but it didn't really do the trick. Once I started incorporating more forearm training and actually prioritizing them, that's when they started to take off. I now allways do some sort of direct forearm training when I hit bi's and there is one training session that I have where I just go in and do calves, but now I throw in a few sets of forearms with that.

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 03:32:09 AM »

I had that problem with pulldowns for about a year!  It really sucked!
It hasn't helped...

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 01:00:37 PM »
saw this thread and it could have been started by me.  I have wimpy forearms also.  I do those hand grip things you can buy at walmart or whatever.  It makes them burn after awhile.  Dont know about size but the strengh has increased.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 01:05:57 PM »
Anyone reading these posts would now be thoroughly confused by the conflicting info. ;D

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 03:38:45 PM »
windsor 88, i agree with you on the grip thing. i'll give it a try. thanks for all the other suggestions too!  :D

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2006, 05:19:47 PM »
Anyone reading these posts would now be thoroughly confused by the conflicting info. ;D

well come to GETBIG!!

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2006, 07:00:29 PM »
well come to GETBIG!!

Was that for me?  If so Thanks.  Been a guest for awhile now.  I just don't post much.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2006, 04:26:52 AM »
Was that for me?  If so Thanks.  Been a guest for awhile now.  I just don't post much.

it was for the guy i was quoting newbie

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2006, 01:59:47 PM »
Once or twice a week, at the end of a training session, grab a pair of fairly heavy dumbbells - I use 70's or 80's - and time yourself on how long you can hold them.  Start with a weight you can hold for approx. 60 seconds.  Keep trying to beat your previous time, working up to about 90 seconds.  Then, next time pick up a heavier set of dumbbells and start over.

Do this for a month or two and I GUARANTEE your grip strength & forearm size will improve!

--phoenix--

• Getbig II
  • train all out or dont train at all
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2006, 07:10:38 AM »

my forearms are the same, they are weak as hell.
it doesnt take many sets to burn them out for me, but they seem to be getting bigger though.
behind the back wrist curls work well for me cause i can use a good amount of weight and i can work all areas of my forearms with it
never be satisfied

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2006, 04:53:05 AM »
You state they get get sore & ache correct?Possibly (not absolute) it may not have a thing to do w/the strength or any size they already have.Maybe you have developed tendonitis.Noticed the last few mnths that I was training that my forearms got very sore & ached while doing any bicep/forearm work & a person told me that was what may have been causing my problem.Maybe see a Dr. for their opinion?