Author Topic: What did you do today? I got kicked out of my gym!!! Caution, long post.  (Read 7857 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: What did you do today? I got kicked out of my gym!!! Caution, long post.
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2006, 05:19:17 AM »
Several weeks back, I posted pictures from 4 weeks out and asked for feedback.  I did this on both Get Big and Mayhem.  I talked about some frustrations that I had with my gym’s policy of not letting guys use the empty yoga room to pose, but girls could.  Shirtless men are apparently offensive to some members, but the gym is going to start a Cardio Stripping class…  Did I miss a memo?  Anyway, I made a post in anger and someone saw fit to print it and give it to the GM of the gym.

These are the threads:

http://www.musclemayhem.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42717
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=101357.0

Apparently some things that I said on Mayhem got me into hot water with the management.  I got a call this morning from the GM of my gym asking for my home address.  When I enquired why, he said to mail me a refund for my October dues.  My first thought was “they must have double-drafted me”.  He said he was going to cancel my membership.  I immediately thought that it was a friend or someone put up to messing with me because the contest is only 5 days away.  I replied “If you’re calling from the gym, then you can get my address from my contract.”  I laughed it off, thinking somebody came up with a great prank.

Curious, I called the number on my caller ID to see who exactly called me.  The person on the other end was the front desk person at my gym!  I was like WTF?!?!?!  I asked for the GM and he assured me that this was no prank; he was canceling my membership.  I asked why.  He said that he read on the ‘net that I said some negative things about the gym and couldn’t have me posting things about him and my “which steroids I’m using”. 

HUH???

I was working, and couldn’t get to the posts to accurately defend myself.  On my lunch, I went home and looked up the posts in question and printed them out.  After looking over them, I could find nothing about steroids…just diuretics, which are legal.  The only objectionable thing that I could find was a comment that the GM of my gym was an ass…  The ironic thing was that I didn’t even know who the GM was at the time, and was actually referring to the AM that had run us out of the yoga room when we were posing.  He was an ass to us.  He was curt, short, condescending and unprofessional. 

I went by the gym later this afternoon to talk to the GM face to face, to hopefully settle what I thought to be a small thing like reasonable adults.  I went over the posts with him and explained that I had done or said nothing illegal, immoral or unethical and I didn’t understand what the problem was.  “You called me an ass.”, was his reply.  I explained to him that I didn’t even know who he was.  “Then you called my AM an ass.”  He went on to say that he was not backing down and I was out of the gym.  I asked him to show me where in the contract it was stated that comments made outside the gym could result in my expulsion.  I reiterated that I had NEVER named names or mentioned the gym where I trained.  I didn’t matter.  I was out!  There is a clause in most gym contracts that states management can amend the rules blah, blah.  So basically, they have a back door to cancel a membership for any reason. 

The moral of the story:  Don’t be too quick to speak your mind, you might have to find a new place to train.  FIVE FREAKING DAYS OUT FROM A CONTEST!!!!!
P.S.
To the coward that saw fit to rat me out:  Man up.  What are you, sucking up to the boss?  Did I wrong you in some way and you are too callow to say something to my face?  At least have the testicular fortitude to show yourself.

For starters, what you do on the net and what you post is strickly your business so don't sweat it. If I were you I would find yourself a good hardcore gym like a Gold's, Powerhouse, World Gym, etc. These fitness attitude mickey mouse gyms no nothing of hardcore training, bodybuilding and contest preperations. I had a simular situation at a gym I went too while they were renovating the new Gold's. The asshole behind the counter gave me shit for "slamming my weght". All I did was take a 150lb dumbbell and place it on the floor for rows. Do the think that the gym is a church and there will be no noise? I don't know. This was a gym that had up to 150lb bells but know one pushed more then 80lbr's. Point being, I would do everything in my power to let people know that the gym you were so "kindly" kicked out of stinks and they are very unprofessional and unetheical. Word of mouth is the most damaging thing to a business. Especially bad press.

PB

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2006, 05:22:23 AM »
And I thought my gym wasn't BBing friendly, I don't think they would ever complain about someone posing as long as no one is in the room. Maybe there was complaints or something but still they handled it in the wrong way.
I

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2006, 05:25:51 AM »
Why does things said behind his back legitimise it and make it an acceptable practice?

Hey, I'm not denying that being called an ass wouldn't bother me one bit but if someone you don't know is caught talking shit about you you're probably going to feel mildly vindictive.

Say I knew you in the area and I walked around calling your gf a slut.  Wouldn't you react negatively and atleast want me away from your business?  Sure buddy, I won't do it infront of you, I'll just wait until I get home or away from your gym and I'll tell the world she's a slut.  You should accept it though.  Hah.  Like I say, I see his point.  I wouldn't react that way being called an ass but atleast the guy didn't get in your face and start that nonsense.   Seems to me he just exercised what influence he had to teach you a lesson. 

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2006, 08:37:55 AM »
Well...I can't get into any more trouble, can I?

Gold's Gym on Princess Ann Road.  Virginia Beach, VA.

that gym and its mgmnt are all fucking pricks.........

hope this helps everyone

:D

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2006, 08:49:02 AM »

I'm not at all surprised.

That entire area of the country is filled with little bitches. 

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2006, 09:45:40 AM »
Piss on that place anyway.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2006, 10:40:58 AM »
This kind of shit pisses me off. You need to go back and try to join. As soon as they refuse you take them to small claims court. Go fill out a subpoena form and subpoena the GM and the girl that called you. This will cost you very little. Win or lose you will most likely get the GM in some big trouble. On top of that both of them will have to take off work to go to court. Who knows, once the GM boss gets wind of this he might even lose his job. I did this once when I got my car repaired. I supeon ed 3 of the mechanics that worked on my car. We went to court three different times (small claims) I lost so I had to pay $135.00 but trust me the dealership lost a few thousand because their mechanics were gone from work.   ;D

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2006, 10:41:25 AM »
World's must have the same owner.  All this guy does is come in and get the bag of $$$, go to his office and count it.  Never even a real smile or God forbid a "looking good".  Even the help know what a ass this guy is.  The only good thing is that We never have to see him for more than his walk through.  They try to turn the gym into a health center, shunning bodybuilders and power lifters for fitness babes and weekend/lunch hour warriors.  I knew when it was time to go and so did allot of others.  His loss not Yours bro.  Plenty of gyms will be happy to take your $$ with a smile ; :)
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2006, 10:46:39 AM »
Sounds like you were injured by your gym. A gym may be liable for causing "hurt feelings". Don't let them get away with this. It's obviously just a pretext to discriminate against (pick one or two) blacks, gays, latinos, asians, jews, muslims, indians, obese, disabled, female, old, or ugly. All claims would be actionable. File a complaint with the EEOC, the BBB, Consumer Affairs, and the Division of Human Rights. That'll teach em.

Special "Protected Class" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2006, 12:01:39 PM »
take a dump in front of the gym when it is closed.  Do this for a few days...

fill a condom up with hand soap - throw it at the front doors when it is closed.  Do this for a few days...

etc....
K

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2006, 12:05:17 PM »
Brake into the gym and train at night. That will cost them a few thousand dollars in security.
just push some weight!

Grundle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • "Ruining lives and ratting on friends since '93"
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2006, 12:09:56 PM »
Brake into the gym and train at night. That will cost them a few thousand dollars in security.

Alexxx breaks into the gym at night, but not to workout.  When his mother has "man company" at the apartment he has nowhere else to sleep.
Int. Fed.of Booty Bandits

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2006, 12:18:01 PM »

Alexxx breaks into the gym at night, but not to workout.  When his mother has "man company" at the apartment he has nowhere else to sleep take his own "man company".

Fixed.
Ron: "I am lazy."

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2006, 12:48:59 PM »
Grundel + goatboy = ta's parents
just push some weight!

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2006, 12:59:17 PM »
No it was more like a gym that did not respect a bodybuilder! Would have been no problem if the manager minded his own business and let someone use the mirrors to evaluate his progress. Bodybuilders bring gyms business.

I emailed him this, waiting on a reply

"I'm a bodybuilder and offended you would cancel someones membership like that, not something the NAACP takes to kindly"

bodybuilding does not typically bring gyms business. actual competitors are a "niche" market at best. gyms make their money off fat people who join and workout for a month...then never come back. the other portion of typical gym members are peple that come in a few days a week...and never see results. neither market wants to see a sweaty bodybuilder flexing away. it makes them feel inadequate and uncomfortable.

i would never have a problem with a competitor using the mirrors to evaluate their progress UNLESS there was a policy that prevented that person from taking off their shirt....and pulling down their pants in a publically used area

but the point of the thread is that he got kicked out for calling an employee an "ass" on the net...not for posing with his shirt off.

3H 2005...contact the gms area manager depending upon if its individully owned or corporate (both answer to golds either way) and discuss your case.

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2006, 01:02:42 PM »
I am writing to Chamber of Commerce, BBB, owner and franchiser in Arlington.

However, I doubt I would ever go back.

wood

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2006, 01:11:17 PM »
call your local TV station and see if they'll take the story, one of our local channels does "2 want's to know" and the other does "Fox 8 on your side", they take stories like this and make 6pm news with it and gets the ball rolling in your favor...
i

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2006, 02:20:24 PM »
call your local TV station and see if they'll take the story, one of our local channels does "2 want's to know" and the other does "Fox 8 on your side", they take stories like this and make 6pm news with it and gets the ball rolling in your favor...
Ouch. Fark that noise. They'll tell him it will be done tastefully with a human interest angle - David vs. Goliath and then slant it so it looks like he's a pedo that has no where else to strip down and get nasty, with gratuitous shots of bb insanity and public outrage.  :)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2006, 02:53:11 PM »
Several weeks back, I posted pictures from 4 weeks out and asked for feedback.  I did this on both Get Big and Mayhem.  I talked about some frustrations that I had with my gym’s policy of not letting guys use the empty yoga room to pose, but girls could.  Shirtless men are apparently offensive to some members, but the gym is going to start a Cardio Stripping class…  Did I miss a memo?  Anyway, I made a post in anger and someone saw fit to print it and give it to the GM of the gym.

These are the threads:

http://www.musclemayhem.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42717
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=101357.0

Apparently some things that I said on Mayhem got me into hot water with the management.  I got a call this morning from the GM of my gym asking for my home address.  When I enquired why, he said to mail me a refund for my October dues.  My first thought was “they must have double-drafted me”.  He said he was going to cancel my membership.  I immediately thought that it was a friend or someone put up to messing with me because the contest is only 5 days away.  I replied “If you’re calling from the gym, then you can get my address from my contract.”  I laughed it off, thinking somebody came up with a great prank.

Curious, I called the number on my caller ID to see who exactly called me.  The person on the other end was the front desk person at my gym!  I was like WTF?!?!?!  I asked for the GM and he assured me that this was no prank; he was canceling my membership.  I asked why.  He said that he read on the ‘net that I said some negative things about the gym and couldn’t have me posting things about him and my “which steroids I’m using”. 

HUH???

I was working, and couldn’t get to the posts to accurately defend myself.  On my lunch, I went home and looked up the posts in question and printed them out.  After looking over them, I could find nothing about steroids…just diuretics, which are legal.  The only objectionable thing that I could find was a comment that the GM of my gym was an ass…  The ironic thing was that I didn’t even know who the GM was at the time, and was actually referring to the AM that had run us out of the yoga room when we were posing.  He was an ass to us.  He was curt, short, condescending and unprofessional. 

I went by the gym later this afternoon to talk to the GM face to face, to hopefully settle what I thought to be a small thing like reasonable adults.  I went over the posts with him and explained that I had done or said nothing illegal, immoral or unethical and I didn’t understand what the problem was.  “You called me an ass.”, was his reply.  I explained to him that I didn’t even know who he was.  “Then you called my AM an ass.”  He went on to say that he was not backing down and I was out of the gym.  I asked him to show me where in the contract it was stated that comments made outside the gym could result in my expulsion.  I reiterated that I had NEVER named names or mentioned the gym where I trained.  I didn’t matter.  I was out!  There is a clause in most gym contracts that states management can amend the rules blah, blah.  So basically, they have a back door to cancel a membership for any reason. 

The moral of the story:  Don’t be too quick to speak your mind, you might have to find a new place to train.  FIVE FREAKING DAYS OUT FROM A CONTEST!!!!!
P.S.
To the coward that saw fit to rat me out:  Man up.  What are you, sucking up to the boss?  Did I wrong you in some way and you are too callow to say something to my face?  At least have the testicular fortitude to show yourself.

My friend, you just got owned....plain and simple.....it happens.   Honestly, would you wanna train at a gym with a little shitty coward GM like that?

Saskbb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2006, 03:16:02 PM »
Well...I can't get into any more trouble, can I?

LOL, just go train at another gym.  Gyms are a dime a dozen! 

Will in Regina

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2006, 03:26:22 PM »
Will--Regina--hmmmmmm--trying to figure this out--I lived there most of my life

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2006, 03:35:52 PM »
screw em right now, focus on your comp. deal with them after.

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2006, 03:36:25 PM »
Why does things said behind his back legitimise it and make it an acceptable practice?

Hey, I'm not denying that being called an ass wouldn't bother me one bit but if someone you don't know is caught talking shit about you you're probably going to feel mildly vindictive.

Say I knew you in the area and I walked around calling your gf a slut.  Wouldn't you react negatively and atleast want me away from your business?  Sure buddy, I won't do it infront of you, I'll just wait until I get home or away from your gym and I'll tell the world she's a slut.  You should accept it though.  Hah.  Like I say, I see his point.  I wouldn't react that way being called an ass but atleast the guy didn't get in your face and start that nonsense.   Seems to me he just exercised what influence he had to teach you a lesson. 

yes but a dangerous practice he is doing by trying to teach him a lesson...If that were me, within the next month the guys car would not be running at all...And if he is that much of a dick...He probably could not pin point just who put a pound of silicone/sugar solution in his gas tank...But i would know that i got the last laugh...

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2006, 03:47:41 PM »
I've found a new gym that is much more meat-head friendly!   I won't do anything vindictive of vengeful, these things take care of themselves.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2006, 04:02:33 PM »
I've found a new gym that is much more meat-head friendly!   I won't do anything vindictive of vengeful, these things take care of themselves.

the guy is a dickhead

exactly....just move on.