Author Topic: how many dates  (Read 4003 times)

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Re: how many dates
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2006, 12:57:30 PM »
What if love happens on the first date... does that count?

i guess that depends on how you define love, i think with most peoples definition you cant know that on the first date

my definition of love is identital to infactuation, and you can definitely tell that on the first date within the first minute usually

if you have a more romanticized notion of love (read "in love", endless love, made for each other, life long love etc) it would be premature to assume the first date's infactuation means this love is there. you can tell when something probably wont work right off the bat, but it takes time to determine compatabilty and just cause a problem isnt apparent right away doesnt mean it isnt there

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2006, 12:58:56 PM »
That would be "lust."   :)

If it's "True" love then it can wait until 4 hours after the first date    j/k

Actually I never said anything about not waiting. But don't you generally know from moment one, whether you want to be with that person or not? Is 6 dates going to change anything?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2006, 01:02:26 PM »
Actually I never said anything about not waiting. But don't you generally know from moment one, whether you want to be with that person or not? Is 6 dates going to change anything?

sometimes it does.  6 dates can tell you that you might, after further review, not want to be with that person.

So just Shag them and move on.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2006, 01:05:52 PM »
i guess that depends on how you define love, i think with most peoples definition you cant know that on the first date

my definition of love is identital to infactuation, and you can definitely tell that on the first date within the first minute usually

if you have a more romanticized notion of love (read "in love", endless love, made for each other, life long love etc) it would be premature to assume the first date's infactuation means this love is there. you can tell when something probably wont work right off the bat, but it takes time to determine compatabilty and just cause a problem isnt apparent right away doesnt mean it isnt there

Every loving relationship has certain problems with compatability... no one is a perfect match with another.  

Maybe I just have no idea what a first date is, since I only ever had them with people I wasn't hot for but liked them enough to have dinner or spend an evening.  I've met both my SOs doing some kind of activity, like skiing, and got to know them, so by the time the "first date" happened, well... never mind.  :)

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2006, 01:07:14 PM »
Actually, it was posted to the gen public... forbidden fruit topic, etc...

I just was looking for a fast pic of doomed lovers... so lancelot and guineviere.  I doubt they had time for 6 dates to get to know each other...  :-\

whatever, not how i remember it and thats what counts!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2006, 01:09:16 PM »

Absolutely.  I think it takes months to see a person's true colors.  Many people can fake it through six dates.  For example, you have to see a person happy, angry, sad, at their best, at their worst, etc. to know whether they are truly compatible.  

I think that's part of the reason so many of these Hollywood relationships fail, because they start in the sack and it takes months for one (or both) of them realize that they really don't like their partner.  

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2006, 01:13:58 PM »
Every loving relationship has certain problems with compatability... no one is a perfect match with another.  

Maybe I just have no idea what a first date is, since I only ever had them with people I wasn't hot for but liked them enough to have dinner or spend an evening.  I've met both my SOs doing some kind of activity, like skiing, and got to know them, so by the time the "first date" happened, well... never mind.  :)

it would be a mistake to confuse compatable with perfect
perfect is no problems, compatable is no problems that are deal breakers

my first dates have come from night clubs, strip clubs, the gym, the internet and parties. with the exception of the internet i cant think of a time ive known a girl before the date happened.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2006, 01:15:18 PM »
Absolutely.  I think it takes months to see a person's true colors.  Many people can fake it through six dates.  For example, you have to see a person happy, angry, sad, at their best, at their worst, etc. to know whether they are truly compatible.  

I think that's part of the reason so many of these Hollywood relationships fail, because they start in the sack and it takes months for one (or both) of them realize that they really don't like their partner.  

Maybe I didn't express myself well. You're right, it takes a long time to get to know someone and cultivate friendship, trust, love, etc... however, doesn't one usually know right away whether they are "attracted" to someone sexually.  I know it's been said that mutual respect over years can cultivate sexual desire... but it isn't the same as turning to look at someone and feeling an instant connection and electricity and all the things that go with desire. I don't know that 6 dates would do much to get the pot boiling, so to speak.

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2006, 01:18:43 PM »

you could take out "of these hollywood" cause its just as true in general. best dating advice i ever heard (if youre looking for anything other than a fling) is never to let your level of sexual involvement exceed youre level of emotional involvement.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2006, 01:26:13 PM »
CL... don't you love how the topic went from what's "slut" material... to what constitutes the waiting period for a commited relationship. See it wouldn't have gotten to this if there hadn't been some feminine commentary in the thread.  ;D

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2006, 01:33:16 PM »
See it wouldn't have gotten to this if there hadn't been some feminine commentary in the thread.  ;D

ageed

thanks miggs!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2006, 01:45:51 PM »
Maybe I didn't express myself well. You're right, it takes a long time to get to know someone and cultivate friendship, trust, love, etc... however, doesn't one usually know right away whether they are "attracted" to someone sexually.  I know it's been said that mutual respect over years can cultivate sexual desire... but it isn't the same as turning to look at someone and feeling an instant connection and electricity and all the things that go with desire. I don't know that 6 dates would do much to get the pot boiling, so to speak.

Are you talking about love or just sexual attraction?  If you're "attracted" to someone sexually right away it has to be lust, not love. 

And as far as physical attractiveness goes, I said this on the "female" board and ruffled a few feathers, but a physically attractive person can look awfully ugly if they're not very smart, dishonest, have bad character, etc.  Just my opinion.     

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2006, 02:25:05 PM »
Would you say that this girl is a slut?

Check out her tats  :o (with caution if you are at work)

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2006, 02:40:33 PM »
didnt say if she was in love ;D

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2006, 02:42:24 PM »

If only there were more like her  :)
P

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2006, 03:57:19 PM »

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2006, 05:31:05 PM »
id hit it but i dont find her attractive

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2006, 05:37:48 PM »
ageed

thanks miggs!

go fuck yourself!  lol kidding.  maybe

Slippedisc

• Getbig V
  • Geo said it was ok, so I must be right.
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2006, 05:38:57 PM »
one time i was at a coffee shop

and the next thing i knew

i was in bathroom gettin head

dude wasn't too bad lookin either

moral of the story
never turn down a blow job
X Board. Integrity is what we do

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2006, 01:45:05 AM »
moral of the story
never turn down a blow job

this is good advices

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2006, 07:44:13 AM »
Are you talking about love or just sexual attraction?  If you're "attracted" to someone sexually right away it has to be lust, not love. 

Well, you have to start somewhere.  :)

Most of the people I know who've been in long relationships have all said,  the moment they set eyes on their beloved, they "knew" they would end up marrying/being with that person forever. Didn't you know... the second you laid eyes on your wife?

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2006, 07:48:40 AM »

Modification/tat/alternate lifestyle zines are usually quite well written and very interesting. I really enjoyed reading this article from the same site...

http://www.bmezine.com/news/talula/20040128.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2006, 07:51:23 AM »
Well, you have to start somewhere.  :)

Most of the people I know who've been in long relationships have all said,  the moment they set eyes on their beloved, they "knew" they would end up marrying/being with that person forever. Didn't you know... the second you laid eyes on your wife?

We were in high school.   :)  It was love at first sight for her.  But then again she was drunk and wasn't wearing her glasses.

Seriously, we were attracted to each other from day one, but we were kids.   

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2006, 09:20:49 AM »
i have yet to go on a date..i never had any girlfriends.i proposed to 5 girls and all of them rejected me..so my luck sucks :'(
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2006, 09:56:31 AM »
You need to lose your virginity Shadow. You should work on that before you consider marriage.