Author Topic: The best scene from Pumping Iron!!  (Read 8457 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: The best scene from Pumping Iron!!
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2006, 07:09:00 AM »
The movie can only be so long, there is alot of people that "should" have been in it/in it more but there just isn't time for everyone. One thing though is why did they waste so much time on that cry baby loser Mike Katz who looked like crap or should I say a spider.
That's my point; the other guys interviewed other than Waller were setups. Wouldn't have effected the running time of the movie or hurt to have shown others, including Oliva training in Chicago, or more of Mentzer, Robinson & Padilla. It was advertised as a documentary to give it veracity, but largely departed from the book towards Weider, for cinematic purposes. Common in  book-movie translations but they didn't have to go as far as they did.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2006, 07:10:54 AM »
That's my point; the other guys interviewed other than Waller were losers. Wouldn't have effected the running time of the movie or hurt to have shown others, including Oliva training in Chicago, or more of Mentzer, Robinson & Padilla.

I am not for sure but did Olivia even compete in the 75 O. Otherwise why have him in it.
I

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2006, 07:12:24 AM »
I am not for sure but did Olivia even compete in the 75 O. Otherwise why have him in it.
For political reasons he wasn't there, but the film was supposed to be a documentary about BB, not about the Olympia. The contest focus was to impart a sense of drama to the movie. Unfortunately the directors followed a Weider slant that wasn't in the book version that included all those other guys who weren't shown. Including just a little on them with good editing wouldn't have effected what they were trying to do.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2006, 07:18:10 AM »
For political reasons he wasn't there, but the film was supposed to be a documentary about BB, not about the Olympia. The book PI included all those other guys who weren't shown.

Yeah I didn't think he was there but I believe the movie was meant to show the lead up to the 75 Mr O. and Universe. It just sucks they couldn't get everyone in, they should have at least shown more of the comparisons during the pre judging rather then just a few quick scans of the competitors.
I