Author Topic: Outer head Bi  (Read 9772 times)

GoneAway

• Getbig V
Re: Outer head Bi
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2006, 06:59:39 PM »
dude 90lbs sounds real and i believe you but some guys here say that they lift 185lbs-205 on the barbell for 3 or 4 cheat reps.even if you cheat you just cannot lift that much weight by any means.hell ronnie coleman has maxed out on 225lbs on the barbell for few reps so how can any one in here curl 200 plus lbs on the bar.also just go and see jay cutlers video NIAB and you would see jay lift really light weight on the barbell, he was even then struggling..in his RTS video he struggles alot on the barbell with moderate weight on it..so i call these 200lbs curl claims all bullshit

Yeah, some claims are pretty ridiculous, but I think BB curls are just like any other exercise. You can go up in weight if you train and eat well enough, but they might not be for everyone. Just comes down to trying it out and seeing how you go.

ignorance

• Getbig III
  • https://www.facebook.com/ResearchBodybuilding
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2006, 11:59:04 PM »
I max out @ 135pds for bb curls. Am I superman, I not telling but hell I seem more people throw up single dumbbells curls of 80-100 pounds for a couple of reps yet I have not seen anyone at my gym go pass 155 pounds bb curls. Is it possible sure. Train and diet!

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2006, 03:30:36 AM »
I max out @ 135pds for bb curls. Am I superman, I not telling but hell I seem more people throw up single dumbbells curls of 80-100 pounds for a couple of reps yet I have not seen anyone at my gym go pass 155 pounds bb curls. Is it possible sure. Train and diet!

"throwing" up the weight isn't the point though... as a bodybuilder you need to focus on the contraction and the pump... throwing dumbbell curls around might just be the easiest way to injure yourself...

as for BB curls, if you use 135lbs for 10 reps you're pretty strong... there are those who use more, but it is irrelevant... what is important is getting the most out of your lifting in terms of muscle gain...

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2006, 07:30:17 AM »
I do sets of 8-10 with 155 on a flat bar...also curl 80 pound DB's.

train at a real gym and you will see strong men...bally's isn't going to cut it.

8)

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2006, 09:15:12 AM »
I agree with Overload, if people expose themselves to more serious gym's they would get an idea of what some very strong men can lift. They might even find out that they have the capacity of handling very heavy weight's themselves, with proper workouts. Trying to gage lift's of anyone by reading mag/s or watching video's can be very misleading.

Might also consider adding a few set's of BB reverse curls to a bicep workout for increase strength in the regular BB curl. Partials also can help greatly for size & power. Good Luck.

benchandsquat

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2006, 01:40:15 PM »
I am currently carrying out a study that deals with this topic among other muscles also.  It seems most research studies I review come from researchers that do not have much of a weight training or bodybuilding background which is unfortunate because when I look for evidence of something proven to scientifically work, oftentimes I do not find the procedures of the study to follow that of a typical bodybuilding workout, exercises, nutrtiion, supplementation, etc.Bascially I Mean we I can't relate how it can be applied to a bodybuilder's routine when they are performiong the study on someone who has little to know experience weight training.  However, during some preliminary trials we were using EMG analysis on the outer long head, inner short head of the biceps, and the brachialis during a lot of different variations of curls.  While both heads are active during any type of curl the, long head is most activated when the upper arm falls behind the plane of the body.  Incline dumbbell curls (both with a supinated grip and neutral grip work the long head, Incline cable curls, and cable curls where you are facing away from the stack and the cable comes up between your legs, and single arm cable curls with a D-handle and a rope facing away form the rack work the biceps long head the most relative to the short head.  Also, its not just the type of exercise but the way you do the exercise that counts.  One example I found is the when performing both standing barbell curls the long head was deactivated somewhat when the person brought their elbows forward, but iof their elbows were kept by the side throughout the curl, the long head remained active.  One other interesting point, during machine preacher curls, the long head was not extremely active during the begiinning of the curl but became active during the peak contracvtion part of the movement.  The machine version has resistance form beginning to end unlike the barbell version.  The key to activating the long head is to keep the long head biceps tendon in a somewhat stretched to stretched position so their is tension on the long head biceps.  Bring the arm forward somewhat shortens the tendon which means the long head of the biceps cant produce tension until it shortens along with the short head until the long head tendon takes up the slack.  Hope I didn't lose anyone.   

Redwood_Faller

• Getbig I
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2006, 05:24:23 PM »
Might also consider adding a few set's of BB reverse curls to a bicep workout for increase strength in the regular BB curl. Partials also can help greatly for size & power. Good Luck.

i agree, BB reverses are great and they also hit the brachialis and forearm muscles too. i need to use an EZ bar for these though, they kill my wrist with a barbell.

ignorance

• Getbig III
  • https://www.facebook.com/ResearchBodybuilding
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2006, 10:37:59 PM »
true.

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2006, 10:40:03 PM »
I do sets of 8-10 with 155 on a flat bar...also curl 80 pound DB's.

train at a real gym and you will see strong men...bally's isn't going to cut it.

8)
o rly!!!!!!!!!!!
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2006, 10:49:01 PM »
Getbig workout:

&mode=related&search=

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2006, 02:41:58 AM »
hot chicks curling.... works for me...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=787bwnyQthM

funniest loser curling..... ever...

a "that's what i'm talking about" moment...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOSL6TXF97g

another one....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPLCYdWWBaM

close second for funniest curl ever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ5z-7Wuy0I