Author Topic: Evangelical Leader Accused of Gay Affair  (Read 37120 times)

Eisenherz

• Getbig IV
  • Uber oder unter?
Re: Evangelical Leader Accused of Gay Affair
« Reply #150 on: January 30, 2009, 07:31:34 PM »
He most probably not gay, no matter how much you "men" wish he was.

I guess this church leader is also gay then  :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #151 on: January 30, 2009, 09:13:08 PM »
I wasn’t aware that gayness was permanent. Why are people quick to believe someone one when he/she declares to be gay. But, when someone gay says he/she ain’t, it always about so-called denial?

Is Ellen Degeneres’ ex-girlfriend, Anne Heche, still “gay”? She got with a guy within a year or two of splitting with Ellen.

What about Sinead O’Connor? She came out and said, point blank, she was a lesbian. 18 months later, she married a guy!

For some strange reason, I don’t hear anyone claiming that they’re in denial or that they’re still gay.

Then, there’s the one-time poster boy for the “Love Won Out” ministries, from Focus on the Family, Jon Paulk. Last time I checked, he and his ex-lesbian wife, Anne, have been married for 14 years and have three sons. And this was AFTER they left the homosexual lifestyle.

With regards to Haggard, he said he was molested as a child. If that's accurate, it certainly wouldn't be the first time that someone struggles with homosexuality, because of abuse. Pastor and gospel singer, Donnie McClurken, went through something similar, when one of his uncles molested him. He struggled with his sexuality. But, he says he's overcome. He's married with kids, as well.

Here's what I find interesting. For all the talk about how "hateful" and "bigoted" Christians are, with regards to this subject, you will notice that Christian people reached out to help Haggard, as they did with McClurken, and Paulk (after he got caught in gay night club and "outed" by a rep of the Human Rights Campaign).

As it relates to Paulk, Dr. James Dobson could have dropped him altogether. Instead, Paulk simply got demoted and put on probation, while the people at "Focus" helped him. Ironically enough, attendance at the "Love Won Out" conferences INCREASED after that incidenct. In 2003, Paulk retired, with blessings and well-wishes from the Focus on the Family staff (I believe Jon's wife, Anne, now has that chairman job for "Love Won Out" that Jon once had).

Basically, if one accepts someone's homosexuality at face value, I feel that the same should apply when people say that they've left homosexuality (unless there's evidence to the contrary).

Good analysis McWay.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: January 27, 2010, 08:21:18 AM »
Disgraced pastor is freed of gay urges, wife says
Ted Haggard’s wife says counseling has cured him of his compulsions
By Mike Celizic

It has been more than three years since charismatic pastor Ted Haggard left his megachurch in disgrace, mired in a scandal involving drug use and a male prostitute. But the woman who stood by him says now that the experience has brought them closer together than ever.

“Our relationship is better than it’s ever been. Going over this mountain together has given me the marriage that I’ve always longed for,” Gayle Haggard told TODAY’s Meredith Vieira Wednesday in New York.

Gayle Haggard had come to discuss her new book, “Why I Stayed: The Choices I Made in My Darkest Hour.” Although the process was painful, the answer, she writes, was simple: She loved her husband.
In 2006, the Haggards were an evangelical version of the American Dream. They had met as students at Oral Roberts University, fallen in love and gotten married. As they were starting their family of five children, they also started a church that first met in their Colorado Springs home.

With Gayle directing the women’s ministries and Ted driving the growth of the congregation, the New Life Church grew to a 14,000-member congregation, and Ted became the president of the National Association of Evangelicals. His counsel was sought by President George W. Bush.

And then, in November of that year, it all came crashing down. A homosexual prostitute, Mike Jones, angry at Haggard’s opposition to same-sex marriage, alleged that Haggard had been a client for several years and had also purchased methamphetamines from him.

Gayle told Vieira that when she first heard the accusations, she was in “total disbelief. I felt as though my marriage was at a healthy place. Everything in my life felt healthy at that time. I felt as though our family was doing well. Ted was clinging to me and felt closer to me than ever before. Our church felt healthy. That was probably the happiest time in my life up until that point . . . http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/35097496/ns/today-today_people/

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: January 28, 2010, 07:24:17 AM »
I wasn’t aware that gayness was permanent. Why are people quick to believe someone one when he/she declares to be gay. But, when someone gay says he/she ain’t, it always about so-called denial?

Is Ellen Degeneres’ ex-girlfriend, Anne Heche, still “gay”? She got with a guy within a year or two of splitting with Ellen.

What about Sinead O’Connor? She came out and said, point blank, she was a lesbian. 18 months later, she married a guy!

For some strange reason, I don’t hear anyone claiming that they’re in denial or that they’re still gay.

Then, there’s the one-time poster boy for the “Love Won Out” ministries, from Focus on the Family, Jon Paulk. Last time I checked, he and his ex-lesbian wife, Anne, have been married for 14 years and have three sons. And this was AFTER they left the homosexual lifestyle.

With regards to Haggard, he said he was molested as a child. If that's accurate, it certainly wouldn't be the first time that someone struggles with homosexuality, because of abuse. Pastor and gospel singer, Donnie McClurken, went through something similar, when one of his uncles molested him. He struggled with his sexuality. But, he says he's overcome. He's married with kids, as well.

Here's what I find interesting. For all the talk about how "hateful" and "bigoted" Christians are, with regards to this subject, you will notice that Christian people reached out to help Haggard, as they did with McClurken, and Paulk (after he got caught in gay night club and "outed" by a rep of the Human Rights Campaign).

As it relates to Paulk, Dr. James Dobson could have dropped him altogether. Instead, Paulk simply got demoted and put on probation, while the people at "Focus" helped him. Ironically enough, attendance at the "Love Won Out" conferences INCREASED after that incidenct. In 2003, Paulk retired, with blessings and well-wishes from the Focus on the Family staff (I believe Jon's wife, Anne, now has that chairman job for "Love Won Out" that Jon once had).

Basically, if one accepts someone's homosexuality at face value, I feel that the same should apply when people say that they've left homosexuality (unless there's evidence to the contrary).

if you had read any of the psychological research you would know that sexuality is likely a continuum, gayness is a natural state, look at animals.

It's not a choice like you would hope

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #154 on: February 03, 2010, 10:46:44 AM »
if you had read any of the psychological research you would know that sexuality is likely a continuum, gayness is a natural state, look at animals.

That goes back to the old saying, "If the facts don't match the theory, change the facts!"

I'm not going by what I "hope". I'm going by what those who've gone through this mess have stated in the matter.

At the heart of all of this is a simple moral issue: Is homosexual behavior right or wrong?

Notwithstanding the recent PC climate, the consensus answer is that it is wrong.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #155 on: February 03, 2010, 02:52:37 PM »
I don't see how you can put any faith in "right or wrong."

At one time it was "right" to have sex with girls who were 14 and it was right to own slaves.

So to me, using "right or wrong" is completely pointless and only serves to make you feel better about what you personally think.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #156 on: February 04, 2010, 05:15:21 PM »
I don't see how you can put any faith in "right or wrong."

At one time it was "right" to have sex with girls who were 14 and it was right to own slaves.

Every society has that kind of mininum. In this country, the age isn't much higher (on average). In many states, the minimum age of sexual consent is 16. And, in some states, girls can marry as young as 12, with parental consent. Ergo, they can have sex at age 12.

As far as slaves go, we had an interesting discussion on this issue months ago. The gist of it being that, from Biblical perspective, the "slaves" in the Bible were hardly the chattel slaves (i.e. black people in America) that we envision, when we hear the term.

So to me, using "right or wrong" is completely pointless and only serves to make you feel better about what you personally think.

You can put plenty of faith in "right or wrong".

You have faith that stealing is wrong. You have faith that lying is wrong. And, if you're married, I GUARANTEE YOU that you have faith that adultery is wrong.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: February 05, 2010, 07:52:42 PM »
That goes back to the old saying, "If the facts don't match the theory, change the facts!"

I'm not going by what I "hope". I'm going by what those who've gone through this mess have stated in the matter.

At the heart of all of this is a simple moral issue: Is homosexual behavior right or wrong?

Notwithstanding the recent PC climate, the consensus answer is that it is wrong.

LMAO, why is it wrong and who are the consensus? closed minded bigots? lol.

in what way is it wrong?

Ganuvanx

• Getbig II
  • There's somethin out there, and it ain't no man.
« Reply #158 on: February 08, 2010, 12:27:58 AM »
Boys Beware Homosexuals Are On The Prowl :)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #159 on: February 08, 2010, 10:55:23 AM »
LMAO, why is it wrong and who are the consensus? closed minded bigots? lol.

in what way is it wrong?

The consensus would be nearly every society that has walked the face of this earth. I guess they're all "close-minded bigots", too.

In what way is it wrong? Please tell me you're joking!!

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: February 09, 2010, 06:47:44 PM »
The consensus would be nearly every society that has walked the face of this earth. I guess they're all "close-minded bigots", too.

In what way is it wrong? Please tell me you're joking!!

yes, im serious, in what way is it wrong? As we evolve and become more civilized i think you would be considered wrong, in fact i find it disgusting to a point that you think gayness is wrong, there is nothing wrong with gay people, nothing.

give me your reasoning that supports your contention,that gayness is wrong. define wrong for me also.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #161 on: February 13, 2010, 12:27:45 PM »

well, your consensus.  fortunately the APA and related organizations have disagreed with you.
w

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #162 on: February 17, 2010, 07:09:37 AM »
well, your consensus.  fortunately the APA and related organizations have disagreed with you.

The APA were little more than quacks on the take for liberal politicans. They rank right up there with all those global warming scientists, who are getting royally embarassed, as "climate change" gets exposed for the ruse that it is.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #163 on: February 17, 2010, 10:38:56 AM »
The APA were little more than quacks on the take for liberal politicans. They rank right up there with all those global warming scientists, who are getting royally embarassed, as "climate change" gets exposed for the ruse that it is.
very cavalier in dismissing medical groups; your personal opinion against an entire profession.  thankfully, your opinion doesnt really count.
w

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #164 on: February 17, 2010, 11:13:26 AM »
very cavalier in dismissing medical groups; your personal opinion against an entire profession.  thankfully, your opinion doesnt really count.

Again, the "climate gate" folks were an entire profession as well. Yet, we found out that, for all of the countless amounts of $$$$ spend on this foolishness known as global warming, it turned out to be what we (with common sense) knew from the start: A great big fraud.

And, that goes back to what I said earlier, when it comes to folks like you: "If the facts don't match the theory, change the facts."

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #165 on: February 17, 2010, 01:46:42 PM »
How do you know it's some kind of "fraud"?

Because there was lots of snow this year?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: February 20, 2010, 04:22:26 PM »
Again, the "climate gate" folks were an entire profession as well. Yet, we found out that, for all of the countless amounts of $$$$ spend on this foolishness known as global warming, it turned out to be what we (with common sense) knew from the start: A great big fraud.

And, that goes back to what I said earlier, when it comes to folks like you: "If the facts don't match the theory, change the facts."

Not true, lol. Not true at all, the emails were taken out of context, would you like to see the evidence?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: February 20, 2010, 04:23:25 PM »

the data matches the theory perfectly, all sorts of data point to global warming, now the question is are we the cause or is it one of the natural ebbs and flows?

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #168 on: February 20, 2010, 07:59:00 PM »

You must believe what Dr. Hamer discovered.

Government_controlled/DEA_agent

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: February 21, 2010, 09:08:16 PM »

You must believe what Dr. Hamer discovered.

Government_controlled/DEA_agent

not sure what you're talking about but the bulk of the data points to sexuality as a balance, very few are polarized to either end of the spectrum. It's a fact, gayness occurs in nature, animals of the same sex fuck each other, humans who are animals, another fact, fuck the same sex also.

alot of people have gay tendencies, but choose not to act on them, people even feel dysphoria and acclimate to the other sex.

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #170 on: February 21, 2010, 09:34:14 PM »
not sure what you're talking about but the bulk of the data points to sexuality as a balance, very few are polarized to either end of the spectrum. It's a fact, gayness occurs in nature, animals of the same sex fuck each other, humans who are animals, another fact, fuck the same sex also.

alot of people have gay tendencies, but choose not to act on them, people even feel dysphoria and acclimate to the other sex.

but, but, the bible disagrees and we all know what a peer-reviewed and reliable document that is  :P

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #171 on: February 23, 2010, 06:41:16 PM »
but, but, the bible disagrees and we all know what a peer-reviewed and reliable document that is  :P

Far more reliable than the "Climate change" mess or the APA data (which may not be saying a whole lot).

Of course, the Bible has survived thousands of years of scrunity and will survive thousands more.

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #172 on: February 23, 2010, 07:02:25 PM »
Far more reliable than the "Climate change" mess or the APA data (which may not be saying a whole lot).

Of course, the Bible has survived thousands of years of scrunity and will survive thousands more.

I know one thing, the Bible IS the oldest surviving book on the planet. Another fact, is, the Bible has been attacked for ever since it's publication (many, many, moons ago), in hopes of it being put to death. What's the outcome? It is the BEST SELLER of ALL time! And, it has managed to be refined to the point, of backing it's claims! The Bible has put critics to SHAME! There is nothing left to criticize.

Government_Controlled/DEA_AGENT

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: March 01, 2010, 03:31:43 PM »
I know one thing, the Bible IS the oldest surviving book on the planet. Another fact, is, the Bible has been attacked for ever since it's publication (many, many, moons ago), in hopes of it being put to death. What's the outcome? It is the BEST SELLER of ALL time! And, it has managed to be refined to the point, of backing it's claims! The Bible has put critics to SHAME! There is nothing left to criticize.

Government_Controlled/DEA_AGENT

yes proven by the data showing lower iq and positive correlation with religiousness, or the rise in atheism. Ya noahs ark has been proven without a doubt, noah really was 600 years old right? i mean thats been proven, must of been on a greens supplement. The book is full of magic, moses parting a sea, parting a sea a physical impossibility. Strange how none of these magiczzzz never occur nowadays, dude walking on water, rising from the dead, talking snakes. I wish my cats could talk, is there a way to make it happen according to the bible? thanks in advance for you answer.

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #174 on: March 02, 2010, 02:09:01 PM »
yes proven by the data showing lower iq and positive correlation with religiousness, or the rise in atheism. Ya noahs ark has been proven without a doubt, noah really was 600 years old right? i mean thats been proven, must of been on a greens supplement. The book is full of magic, moses parting a sea, parting a sea a physical impossibility. Strange how none of these magiczzzz never occur nowadays, dude walking on water, rising from the dead, talking snakes. I wish my cats could talk, is there a way to make it happen according to the bible? thanks in advance for you answer.

LMCO! PLENTY of EVIDENCE to show a flood DID occure on this planet.   :o

Government_Controlled/Dea_Agent