Author Topic: Bring back the draft!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 4031 times)

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
Re: Bring back the draft!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2006, 05:23:56 PM »
people preaching bring the troops home is very offensive to those who volunteered to go there.

in all honestly, its hard for me to fathom the state of mind required to commit to such a task. being shipped away to fight, to be scared everyday. how does one retain patriotism when fighting in another country?

MKD

• Getbig II
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2006, 08:31:32 PM »
in all honestly, its hard for me to fathom the state of mind required to commit to such a task. being shipped away to fight, to be scared everyday. how does one retain patriotism when fighting in another country?

Robert Kaplan wrote a book titled "Imperial Grunts" that explains the mentality pretty well.  Patriotism is important, but the sense of trying to make life better for the average Afghani or Iraqi is pretty important as well.  Unfortunately, acts of kindness are not featured much in the media.  There is a lot of satisfaction when a US troop sees Afghan girls going to a school he helped build or a impoverished kid drinking potable water from a recently purified well...
strong mind, strong body

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2006, 11:32:18 PM »
MKD..I have to disagree. I've been on a ton of those humantitarian missions and evey little Afghan girl that goes to school or that we inoculate leads to some afghan boy grabbing an AK and fighting for the taliban. The males in Afghanistan hate that shit... We have made a big mistake hoisting womens rights on these people. These are not rational folks....they are very lazy..easily swayed and everything we do 'offends" them. We have tried to do so much for the Afghan people but they could care less..they continue to stick their hand out without doing much for themselves.
L

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2006, 08:28:12 AM »
The recruiters are already scrapping the bottom of the barrel. Before, you couldn't have Probation Before Judgement on a misdemeanor criminal case...now they accept that.

I had helped a kid going into Navy get copies of his crim record. The recruiter came in the next day, and said that the kid said a Asian man had helped him, and he was looking for him. Thing is, I'm black , the kid was black and so was the recruiter. These are people that are in the the "best military in the world".

If the draft is instituted, there will so much of a backlash it won't be funny. You got hackers, mercs, all those with grudges coming for elected people heads, shutting businesses and corporations down.

I say send the incarcerated to go fight. You wanta to shoot guns and kill and maim people...go at it.