Author Topic: THE MISTAKE NON CHRISTIANS MAKE  (Read 10283 times)

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
  • The easiest person to deceive is one's own self
Re: THE MISTAKE NON CHRISTIANS MAKE
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2006, 08:36:48 PM »
it ALWAYS comes down to one thing, and no true christian can deny that: You think that people that don't believe in your god are inferior to you.

DonkeyKong, I did not read in-depth, the responses from the christians to this question.

Inferior may not be the most appropriate word, however all other religions are looked upon as "cults".
So in categorizing someone as being in or believing in a "cult" are they in fact looking down upon them?  Perhaps so, perhaps not.

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2006, 08:48:28 PM »
I've never seen a scripture that says sex outside of procreation (w/your spouse) is wrong.

And no, there is nothing about "unless you are doing it missionary ....you are being sodomized."

Did you hear that is in the bible?   Because it's not in the bible.

There are handfuls of quotes about sex between mates. They are very open for interpretation, most now
are interpreting it that anything goes between husband/wife. I do believe that this is a looser interpretation
of scripture within the past 50 years give or take, to conform christianity into todays lifestyle and what
is expected of christian behavior. (i.e. these people want to have unbridled sex lives and still be accepted into
gods kingdom).

I mean really, homosexuals have interpreted scripture to conveniently make their lifestyle acceptable and ensure
their ticket to eternal life. I even work with a lesbian, who is a very devout churchgoer.

You could literally put together a book of scripture that contradicts itself (it's probably been done already). It is
easy to fit scripture to make it accepting of a less than ideal christian lifestyle that someone is living.

Deviant sexual intercourse is a legal term for any act of sexual gratification involving the sex organs of one person and the mouth or anus of another or involving penetration of the anus or vagina of one person by a foreign object manipulated by another person.

This is a generally accepted legal definition of sodomy.

a) Do you really think the bible meant anything different? Perhaps gods definition of sodomy is even MORE stringent than todays legal system. (I would think so).

b) Honestly, I can guarantee this covers about 90%+ of todays christian community. So where does this leave them?
btw, the other 9% are just sick of their s/o's and won't do those things for them and of course there's always 1 in a 100!   :D

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2006, 09:04:14 PM »
I think that people that are truly saved realize they DON'T DESERVE salvation.

I would not argue this point, but you may not be aware of this, you are boiling it down
to a very tiny percentage of self-proclaimed christians here Stella.

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2006, 09:05:21 PM »
I don't condemn people for not being christians.

are you accepting of them?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2006, 10:45:51 AM »
There are handfuls of quotes about sex between mates. They are very open for interpretation, most now
are interpreting it that anything goes between husband/wife. I do believe that this is a looser interpretation
of scripture within the past 50 years give or take, to conform christianity into todays lifestyle and what
is expected of christian behavior. (i.e. these people want to have unbridled sex lives and still be accepted into
gods kingdom).

I mean really, homosexuals have interpreted scripture to conveniently make their lifestyle acceptable and ensure
their ticket to eternal life. I even work with a lesbian, who is a very devout churchgoer.

You could literally put together a book of scripture that contradicts itself (it's probably been done already). It is
easy to fit scripture to make it accepting of a less than ideal christian lifestyle that someone is living.

I'm not sure where you are finding "handfuls of quotes about sex between mates" or that these may quotes have to do w/married couples.

There are very few in my bible.  I read a regular bible, perhaps you are referring to a Catholic Bible (which has extra books)?

Deviant sexual intercourse is a legal term for any act of sexual gratification involving the sex organs of one person and the mouth or anus of another or involving penetration of the anus or vagina of one person by a foreign object manipulated by another person.

This is a generally accepted legal definition of sodomy.

This is the legal definition of sodomy that I found at thefreedictionary.com (note there isn't anything about oral sex):

sodomy n. anal copulation by a man inserting his penis in the anus either of another man or a woman. If accomplished by force, without consent, or with someone incapable of consent, sodomy is a felony in all states in the same way that rape is. Homosexual (male to male) sodomy between consenting adults has also been found a felony, but increasingly is either decriminalized or seldom prosecuted. Sodomy with a consenting adult female is virtually never prosecuted even in those states in which it remains on the books as a criminal offense. However, there have been a few cases, including one in Indiana, in which a now-estranged wife insisted that a husband be charged with sodomy for sexual acts while they were living together. Traditionally sodomy was called "the crime against nature." Sodomy does not include oral copulation or sexual acts with animals (bestiality). (See: rape, bestiality)

The following is from themarriagebed.com, which is a site that pretty much states what I believe about sex between married spouses:

We often get questions like "Is oral sex OK?" or "My husband wants to make a video of us in the bedroom. Is this a sin?" The reason that we get so many of these questions is probably because the Bible does not specifically speak to everything that a couple can do sexually. Where scripture is silent we must look at Biblical principles to try to build outlines for what is, and is not allowable in the marriage bed.
Let's start with what the Bible does say.

We are to abstain from immoral sex. The Bible indicates the following are sin:
fornication/unmarried sex (Ga 5:19, 1 Co 7:2 & 36)

adultery (Ex 20:14, Mt 5:27)

homosexuality (Le 18:22 , Ro 1:26-27)

bestiality (Le 18:23 & 20:15-16)

prostitution (Le 19:29, De 23:17, Pr 23:27, 1 Co 6:15-16)

incest (Le 18:6)

We are to have sex only in marriage; one man with one woman. (Mt 19:4-5, 1 Ti 3:2 & 12)

We are to lovingly meet the legitimate sexual needs and wants of our spouse. (1 Co 7:3-5)

The preceding are all direct Biblical commands. In addition there are requirements set out for us as believers, and as husbands and wives, which add the following restrictions:

Love for our spouse, and respect for the bodies and minds God created, requires us to avoid anything which can cause serious problems: (Eph 5:29 & 33, 1 Co 6:19)

We should never push our spouse to compromise their beliefs. (Ro 14:1 & 14 & 23)

We are not to be controlled by anything. (1 Co 6:12 & 10:23)

Anything that does not violate these principles should be okay within the marriage bed.

If you go to the site, they even specifically cover oral sex, anal sex, sex toy use etc.

These people seem to know their bible and what it does and does not say about consensual sex between married couples. 

http://www.themarriagebed.com/pages/bible/app/whatisokay.shtml

R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2006, 10:51:22 AM »
are you accepting of them?

Of course.  I have many friends that are not saved.
R