Author Topic: Had to have our dog put down today.  (Read 2637 times)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
Re: Had to have our dog put down today.
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2006, 06:14:14 PM »
oh brother  ::)

Shouls have sent that sick dog to me.. I'd have disposed of it in an entertaining way!
That weeds messing with your head bro  ;)
follow the arrows

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2006, 09:18:05 PM »
   My parents actually have 2 dogs(well,1 now of coarse). The one who died was a male,the other is a female. It is very obvious that dogs grieve just like people. The other dog has no idea where he is,and it shows.She has not eaten all day and just mopes around.She isn't as old as he was,but she is around 8 I think.It has been the two of em her whole life.This is the first time since she was a very small pup,that he was not there.This makes me think of that book "Where the Red Fern Grows". I certainly hope she snaps out of it after awhile.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2006, 09:25:44 PM »
oh brother  ::)

Shouls have sent that sick dog to me.. I'd have disposed of it in an entertaining way!

Sure you would have.  ::) 

Idiots like you are a dime a dozen,but it is hard to find a more loyal friend than a good dog. :)

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2006, 04:44:03 AM »
   My parents actually have 2 dogs(well,1 now of coarse). The one who died was a male,the other is a female. It is very obvious that dogs grieve just like people. The other dog has no idea where he is,and it shows.She has not eaten all day and just mopes around.She isn't as old as he was,but she is around 8 I think.It has been the two of em her whole life.This is the first time since she was a very small pup,that he was not there.This makes me think of that book "Where the Red Fern Grows". I certainly hope she snaps out of it after awhile.

Give her some time to adjust ...my dog went thtough the same thing and she snapped out of it just fine. You got to remember that dogs have an instinct to survive so she must go on even if it is without her buddy!
Doing the things she loves most like throw a ball or go for an extra walk will get her mind off of him so she can heal...
?