Author Topic: acne- worsening  (Read 2336 times)

musclebutt

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
acne- worsening
« on: November 09, 2006, 07:14:03 PM »
I have bad acne on my back and shoulders, I have been taking smz-tmp(antibiotic) and a topical clyndamiacin and benzoil peroxide solution with no results, also using antibacterial soap for over a months. anyone able to help, why dont any pros have acne- what do they use?

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: acne- worsening
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 07:14:54 PM »
soap?
E

musclebutt

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 07:17:56 PM »
I have been using antibacterial soap, outbeak is new this year- I am 32 years old

durbax

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 07:18:48 PM »
use oil free products so it will dry your skin

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 07:20:03 PM »
I have been using antibacterial soap, outbeak is new this year- I am 32 years old

I actually just noticed that this was the gear board. I was just reading from the most recent posts, I can't really help you out, my bad.
E

SPRINKFSU

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 07:26:35 PM »
use LAVA soap it works

musclebutt

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 07:27:11 PM »
acne is probably from gear

Puller

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 07:48:26 PM »
Try Accutane. It works very well. It is somewhat harsh on the liver and I believe the recommendation is for it to be cycled. I'm not sure about the lengths of time, I haven't tried it. I know some with acne problems and this has always helped them clear up.

SuperStu

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 08:24:34 PM »
is Accutane prescribed by a doctor or??

SPRINKFSU

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 08:26:11 PM »
is Accutane prescribed by a doctor or??

yes and it does more damage then good get LAVA soap from the store and yes its from the gear.

musclebutt

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 09:12:54 PM »
lava soap did not help, went through 4 bars of it with any help, trying dial now. accutane is an option, but i hear not to use it while on

musclebutt

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 09:27:49 PM »
DIV, you seem to pretty knowledgable- what do you think, can you help a brother out?

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2006, 09:43:41 PM »
I have bad acne on my back and shoulders, I have been taking smz-tmp(antibiotic) and a topical clyndamiacin and benzoil peroxide solution with no results, also using antibacterial soap for over a months. anyone able to help, why dont any pros have acne- what do they use?

Benzoyl Peroxide should work if you are using it right.

Take a long hot shower, wait for the pores to open up and then saturate the area, let it sit for a few minutes and then scrub it with a washcloth.

Depending on the severity, the next step would be Retin-A or Accutane.

Both have sides, so make sure the other medications don't work before going to something stronger.

I don't understand how a hot shower isn't working......that opens the pores and cleans out the area.

You must really have bad acne.  :-\

DIV

I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

musclebutt

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2006, 09:44:56 PM »
it is new and severe, progressed from spring

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2006, 09:47:14 PM »
it is new and severe, progressed from spring

Well, I gave you the best advice you're going to get, so take it and proceed with caution.

DIV

musclebutt

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2006, 09:50:56 PM »
would you sugest holding off on the accutane until after a cycle?

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 09:52:37 PM »
would you sugest holding off on the accutane until after a cycle?

It's up to you and how bad the acne is.....

I don't get acne so I can't relate to your issue.

It's a quality of life question, really.

DIV

musclebutt

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2006, 09:55:57 PM »
I never really got any either, except a couple on my back here and there. but it has hit me pretty hard this time, my shoulders are what bothers me the most. just wondering if accutane affects the test

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2006, 10:05:49 PM »
I never really got any either, except a couple on my back here and there. but it has hit me pretty hard this time, my shoulders are what bothers me the most. just wondering if accutane affects the test

No.

DIV

krazee

• Getbig III
  • It's all about the next shirt size....
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2006, 02:51:18 AM »
The peroxide works well, and any chance you can sit around the house with no shirt on to air out your shoulders and back will help. Also anythime you sweat try to take a shower as soon as possible. I used to wash my face 15 times and upwards a day when I was on a cycle because my face is prone to acne. Rubbing alchol dry's the shit out of them but it can cause redness and iritation so don't touch that stuff. Hopefully the tips I gave you work, also when you sleep at night how much do you sweat, I keep my window open a crack all winter long because my room will get to hot and get me to sweat alot.
Just spot me BITCH!!!

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2006, 07:52:48 AM »
Krazee and Div gave good advice...

i take 2-3 burning hot showers a day depending on how active i am. i get acne on my shoulders and back during every cycle. i've tried everything except prescription drugs and the best advice is to shower often and tan. Tanning has made a pretty good impact on my acne but mine isn't that bad.

8)

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2006, 08:42:13 AM »
Some oral medications can interfere with the absorbtion of roids. I think those that end in myacin are the ones too stay away from.  Ive gotten some acne on shoulders and upper back but it can go away.  Use persagel its over the counter by other zit creams.  douse that on all over thick twice a day.  Shower twice a day, and go to a tanning salon at least twice a week for 8-10mins.  This will pretty much kill it.

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2006, 02:28:49 PM »

Try Accutane. It works very well. It is somewhat harsh on the liver and I believe the recommendation is for it to be cycled. I'm not sure about the lengths of time, I haven't tried it. I know some with acne problems and this has always helped them clear up.

No Accutane.

Accutane is isotretinoin, which inhibits sebaceous gland function and keritinization. 

Biggest side effect is to females of child-bearing age--it is a MAJOR inducer of serious birth defects.  This should give you some idea of it's level of toxicity.

For our (gear-headed) purposes, major side effects can include depression, psychosis and, rarely, suicidal ideation.  NOT a good thing for those on AAS who can experience this anyway.  I am particularly concerned about those who take accutane post cycle, when (as many of you have noticed) acne can become particularly bad, even when you made it through the cycle without any eruptions.  Many of us are prone to post-cycle depression, and this combination could prove to be particularly harmful. 

Other side effects include intracranial hypertension (also known as pseudotumor cerebri), pancreatitis, elevated triglycerides, hepatoxicity and vision impairment (sound like good things for someone taking AAS?? or taking nolva post-cycle which can also lead to visual changes), as well as hearing impairment and decreased bone mineral density.

I think it would be reasonable to suggest avoiding accutane at all costs.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2006, 08:51:57 PM »
No Accutane.

Accutane is isotretinoin, which inhibits sebaceous gland function and keritinization. 

Biggest side effect is to females of child-bearing age--it is a MAJOR inducer of serious birth defects.  This should give you some idea of it's level of toxicity.

For our (gear-headed) purposes, major side effects can include depression, psychosis and, rarely, suicidal ideation.  NOT a good thing for those on AAS who can experience this anyway.  I am particularly concerned about those who take accutane post cycle, when (as many of you have noticed) acne can become particularly bad, even when you made it through the cycle without any eruptions.  Many of us are prone to post-cycle depression, and this combination could prove to be particularly harmful. 

Other side effects include intracranial hypertension (also known as pseudotumor cerebri), pancreatitis, elevated triglycerides, hepatoxicity and vision impairment (sound like good things for someone taking AAS?? or taking nolva post-cycle which can also lead to visual changes), as well as hearing impairment and decreased bone mineral density.

I think it would be reasonable to suggest avoiding accutane at all costs.

From those who have used Accutane extensively, the main complaint I hear is that it dries out the lips and skin in general to an extreme degree and that it is very harsh on the liver.

The hepatoxicity is such that running 17AA orals with it could really be a problem.

DIV

arigato

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2006, 02:18:02 AM »

have you tried pro-active? dude... no shit!  it will clear up your skin within 2weeks! if it's an emergency goto walgreens look for something similar looking to proactive! i think it's also 40bucks but for sure proactive will work! only bad thing is... once u stop using it... all that shit comes back.. LOL but it works dude...