Author Topic: NPC Natinals: Palumbo's Predicitns ...... And DA fight details....  (Read 6470 times)

Yorkie T

• Getbig III
  • Blades Business Crew.
Re: PALUMBO`S PREDICTIONS for Nationals......And DA fight details....
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2006, 12:05:07 PM »
Adam:  What's your weight?  DA's looks about 250.  Do you weigh 150?  100 lbs. in a boxing match is like a man fighting a child.  Their is a reason why welterweights don't fight heavyweights.  The impact of a trained heavyweight's punch is like getting kicked by a mule.  You say you're sparing.  Are your sparing partners heavyweights and are they trained boxers, or your friends.  I don't know what kind of background DA has in boxing, but I hope you have some experience under your belt.  A trained boxer will destroy a tuff guy.  Which one are you?  We play football, baseball and hockey.  No one plays boxing.  It's no game my friend.  I boxed armature for 6 years.  Now I train fighters a few nights a week.  I can tell after the first session if the kid is gonna be a boxer or if he should go for swimming or basketball instead and I won't train someone I know is gonna get hurt or worse.  Take this with a grain of salt, but if your not prepaired in every way, forgetabouit.

You do realise that probably 70 pounds at least of Derek Anthony's muscle, is just pointless added weight, and probably another 20 pounds of synthol.

If you really are a trainer you would know that Derek is in no where near any shape that would help him in a boxing match, unless hes going to sit on him.
8) B.B.C. 8)

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
Re: NPC Natinals: Palumbo's Predicitns ...... And DA fight details....
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2006, 12:12:17 PM »
Is TA dn Derek Anthony really going to get into a street fight???

HAHAHA, man, you guys reached an ALL TIME LOW!!!!!!!

GROW UP YOU IMMATURE, CYBER NERD CLOWNS.

:'( :'(

amc1980

• Getbig III
  • Thats a special hat, Spirit, give it baaaaack!
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2006, 01:30:27 PM »

This is true, if both guys know how to fight, but if the little guy knows how to fight, and the big guy doesn't, then the little guy can easily win. The former lightweight boxer Greg Haugen was notorious for fighting and beating much bigger guys in "toughman" contests back in the 80's,before his pro carreer took off. Ever hear of: "A good little man will beat a good big man". Well a good little man will destroy a bad bigman.

It's the other way round, chap.

"A good big man will always beat a good little man."

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2006, 02:12:18 PM »
It's the other way round, chap.

"A good big man will always beat a good little man."

I would have to agree here. I think the romantic notion that skilled little guys can go around ringing the bells of bigger guys is ignorant and potentially dangerous. Most big guys don't want to fight because they generally have very little to prove, while on the other hand smaller men need to assert themselves to feel whole.

Anyways, I agree skill in a fight can make a huge difference, but to entertain the thought that a skilled lightweight could beat an equally skilled heavyweight is really dangerous.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2006, 02:19:55 PM »
I would have to agree here. I think the romantic notion that skilled little guys can go around ringing the bells of bigger guys is ignorant and potentially dangerous. Most big guys don't want to fight because they generally have very little to prove, while on the other hand smaller men need to assert themselves to feel whole.

Anyways, I agree skill in a fight can make a huge difference, but to entertain the thought that a skilled lightweight could beat an equally skilled heavyweight is really dangerous.

Rocky Marciano was the best fighter to EVER live and has the MOST DESTRUCTIVE punch ever MEASURED.  He was 185 lbs.

Bruce Lee posessed the same kind of power at 135.

You guys know nothing of fighting skill or the mechanics of power.  It is clear.

MY family was best Friends with all of the Top Boxers in the 1900s and up.  Jack Dempsy being my grandfathers best friend.

I know a thing or three about Boxing my friends.

Luinitari

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2006, 02:25:10 PM »
So where are the promised DA fight details?

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2006, 02:27:09 PM »
Rocky Marciano was the best fighter to EVER live and has the MOST DESTRUCTIVE punch ever MEASURED.  He was 185 lbs.

Bruce Lee posessed the same kind of power at 135.

You guys know nothing of fighting skill or the mechanics of power.  It is clear.

MY family was best Friends with all of the Top Boxers in the 1900s and up.  Jack Dempsy being my grandfathers best friend.

I know a thing or three about Boxing my friends.

For the record, I said equally skilled. All of the men you listed have taken some beatings too. Furthermore, as to who the greatest fighter of all time was, well that could be have its own board on here for debates.

Freakish things have happened in boxing, that I will give you, however, you are posting arguably some of the greatest fighters of all time, which could be misleading.

The example of George Burns drinking and smoking until he was about 100 is similar in that the majority of people that would follow that particular kind of lifestyle would end up with liver problems and cancer likely before they turned 70.

What I am trying to say is that the odds are on the big man when the fighters are equally skilled. It is completely possible a smaller man could beat a larger man that is equally skilled, however, it is not common.

For the record, if this fight actually occurs, I hope you win.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2006, 02:30:18 PM »
For the record, I said equally skilled. All of the men you listed have taken some beatings too. Furthermore, as to who the greatest fighter of all time was, well that could be have its own board on here for debates.

Freakish things have happened in boxing, that I will give you, however, you are posting arguably some of the greatest fighters of all time, which could be misleading.

The example of George Burns drinking and smoking until he was about 100 is similar in that the majority of people that would follow that particular kind of lifestyle would end up with liver problems and cancer likely before they turned 70.

What I am trying to say is that the odds are on the big man when the fighters are equally skilled. It is completely possible a smaller man could beat a larger man that is equally skilled, however, it is not common.

Marciano never lost a fight. 49-0  43 knockouts.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2006, 02:33:02 PM »

Well you are being misleading.

There is NO EVIDENCE that when fighters are equally skilled, bigger wins.  That is just stupid. Listen to how that sounds.  What would big do?  Big does not win a fight my friend.

Furthermore, the best heavyweights champs were never Big, but more skilled.  The size of a person has nothing to do with their power to hit at all.

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2006, 02:38:08 PM »
Marciano never lost a fight. 49-0  43 knockouts.

That is fine, he was also a freak as you put it. I really don't think you comparing yourself to him is a good idea. Furthermore, boxing and integrity shouldn't even be used in the same sentence. Rankings and fights can be fixed.

Anyways, that isn't the point here. I don't know you, so I can't say what you are capable of, however, odds are Marciano was better than both you and DA. However, when comparing two athletes of equal skill in the ring, and you put a 240lb fighter against a 150lb fighter, the smart money is on the bigger man.

My posts weren't intended as a flame, so if they were interpreted as such, I am sorry. You have enough to handle here without arguing with me. If you do actually fight DA, don't write him off. Regardless of what you believe to be true, assume he is dangerous, give him some respect in the ring and things will go better than if you go in assuming he is a bitch and that the fight will be a cakewalk.

Anyways, best of luck to you in this.

P.S. I just read your other post. My ideas aren't stupid. I have seen too many fights in my life to assume a smaller man will beat a bigger one. I will just have to agree to disagree with you on this point and wish you luck. Take care.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2006, 02:41:36 PM »
I will also add that I will be a heavyweight for this fight.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2006, 02:43:24 PM »
you meen an excuse to get fat?

amc1980

• Getbig III
  • Thats a special hat, Spirit, give it baaaaack!
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2006, 02:47:31 PM »
Well you are being misleading.

There is NO EVIDENCE that when fighters are equally skilled, bigger wins.  That is just stupid. Listen to how that sounds.  What would big do?  Big does not win a fight my friend.

Furthermore, the best heavyweights champs were never Big, but more skilled.  The size of a person has nothing to do with their power to hit at all.

TA- if size is irrelevant in boxing, why do fighters starve themselves to make the lowest weight class possible?

Oh yes, it is so that they can benefit from a size advantage over their opponent.

To be honest, your boxing credentials are starting to appear a little shaky.

Governor

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2006, 02:51:48 PM »

Best boxer, maybe.  Fighter?  Not even close.

Fedor would dispatch rocky in under 2 minutes.

Governor

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2006, 02:57:37 PM »
Big does not win a fight my friend.

You have never heard of Bob Sapp. 

He has beat very high quality fighters---ONLY becuase he outweighed them by 100-150 pounds.

Governor

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2006, 03:05:11 PM »
The size of a person has nothing to do with their power to hit at all.

Force = MASS x acceleration

Power = force x velocity

Methinks size and power are correlated

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2006, 03:17:01 PM »
one of the reasons i love watching boxing and mma is face shots.  it's always fun seeing a guy drop on his knees faster than derek anthony at a motel room when he gets punched in the jaw with what seems like a bitch slap.

you can't train against having a glass jaw.

look at arlovski vs. sylvia.
Deep Tissue Massage

Grundle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • "Ruining lives and ratting on friends since '93"
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2006, 03:18:46 PM »
WHEN IS THE FUCKING FIGHT?
Int. Fed.of Booty Bandits

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2006, 04:08:44 PM »
Force = MASS x acceleration

Power = force x velocity

Methinks size and power are correlated

You are failing to realize that Power in a punch does not come from a bigger muscle.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2006, 04:13:26 PM »
I am thinking Cruiser weight actually as that is what I am right now. but I may go up to 201 lbs, and they do let Cruiser fight as heavy usually.

Weight WBA WBC IBF WBO BoxRec
201+ lb (91.4+ kg) Heavyweight Heavyweight Heavyweight Heavyweight Heavyweight
176 to 200 lb (90.7 kg) Cruiserweight Cruiserweight Cruiserweight Junior heavyweight Cruiserweight
169 to 175 lb (79.4 kg) Light heavyweight Light heavyweight Light heavyweight Light heavyweight Light heavyweight
161 to 168 lb (76.2 kg) Super middleweight Super middleweight Super middleweight Super middleweight Super middleweight
155 to 160 lb (72.6 kg) Middleweight Middleweight Middleweight Middleweight Middleweight
148 to 154 lb (69.9 kg) Super welterweight Super welterweight Junior middleweight Junior middleweight Light middleweight
141 to 147 lb (66.7 kg) Welterweight Welterweight Welterweight Welterweight Welterweight
136 to 140 lb (63.5 kg) Super lightweight Super lightweight Junior welterweight Junior welterweight Light welterweight
131 to 135 lb (61.2 kg) Lightweight Lightweight Lightweight Lightweight Lightweight
127 to 130 lb (59.0 kg) Super featherweight Super featherweight Junior lightweight Junior lightweight Super featherweight
123 to 126 lb (57.2 kg) Featherweight Featherweight Featherweight Featherweight Featherweight
119 to 122 lb (55.3 kg) Super bantamweight Super bantamweight Junior featherweight Junior featherweight Super bantamweight
116 to 118 lb (53.5 kg) Bantamweight Bantamweight Bantamweight Bantamweight Bantamweight
113 to 115 lb (52.2 kg) Super flyweight Super flyweight Junior bantamweight Junior bantamweight Super flyweight
109 to 112 lb (50.8 kg) Flyweight Flyweight Flyweight Flyweight Flyweight
106 to 108 lb (49.0 kg) Light flyweight Light flyweight Junior flyweight Junior flyweight Light flyweight
96 to 105 lb (47.6 kg) Minimumweight Strawweight Mini flyweight Mini flyweight Minimumweight

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2006, 04:15:14 PM »
i used to box for the navy.

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2006, 07:44:55 PM »
I am thinking Cruiser weight actually as that is what I am right now. but I may go up to 201 lbs, and they do let Cruiser fight as heavy usually.

Weight WBA WBC IBF WBO BoxRec
201+ lb (91.4+ kg) Heavyweight Heavyweight Heavyweight Heavyweight Heavyweight
176 to 200 lb (90.7 kg) Cruiserweight Cruiserweight Cruiserweight Junior heavyweight Cruiserweight
169 to 175 lb (79.4 kg) Light heavyweight Light heavyweight Light heavyweight Light heavyweight Light heavyweight
161 to 168 lb (76.2 kg) Super middleweight Super middleweight Super middleweight Super middleweight Super middleweight
155 to 160 lb (72.6 kg) Middleweight Middleweight Middleweight Middleweight Middleweight
148 to 154 lb (69.9 kg) Super welterweight Super welterweight Junior middleweight Junior middleweight Light middleweight
141 to 147 lb (66.7 kg) Welterweight Welterweight Welterweight Welterweight Welterweight
136 to 140 lb (63.5 kg) Super lightweight Super lightweight Junior welterweight Junior welterweight Light welterweight
131 to 135 lb (61.2 kg) Lightweight Lightweight Lightweight Lightweight Lightweight
127 to 130 lb (59.0 kg) Super featherweight Super featherweight Junior lightweight Junior lightweight Super featherweight
123 to 126 lb (57.2 kg) Featherweight Featherweight Featherweight Featherweight Featherweight
119 to 122 lb (55.3 kg) Super bantamweight Super bantamweight Junior featherweight Junior featherweight Super bantamweight
116 to 118 lb (53.5 kg) Bantamweight Bantamweight Bantamweight Bantamweight Bantamweight
113 to 115 lb (52.2 kg) Super flyweight Super flyweight Junior bantamweight Junior bantamweight Super flyweight
109 to 112 lb (50.8 kg) Flyweight Flyweight Flyweight Flyweight Flyweight
106 to 108 lb (49.0 kg) Light flyweight Light flyweight Junior flyweight Junior flyweight Light flyweight
96 to 105 lb (47.6 kg) Minimumweight Strawweight Mini flyweight Mini flyweight Minimumweight

What's that shit mean?
Team Goodrum!

Governor

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2006, 08:45:11 PM »
You are failing to realize that Power in a punch does not come from a bigger muscle.

Who said anything about bigger muscles?  I didnt; you didnt.

We are talking size...mass.

more mass at the same speed is more power.

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2006, 08:52:20 PM »
Who said anything about bigger muscles?  I didnt; you didnt.

We are talking size...mass.

more mass at the same speed is more power.

More mass = more force needed for acceleration. If DA don't know how to punch, he will not be able to apply the speed needed to match Adonis in the force department. Also, it's not just body mass that creates the force, but body usage = technique. Derek is one dumb f**k. He might train, but he is not analytical in his approach. A bull might be strong, but it always charges in a straight line, thus, the small bullfighter wins. The same is true here. TA is practically as strong as DA in most exercises, thus, DA only has the mass variable at his advantage when generating force.

TA will kill DA because:

* Both are equally strong. Remember, TA has deadlifted 600 pounds. DA could not do that at all.
* Adonix is faster
* Adonix is smarter, thus, he will train much more efficient
* DA is like a bull, a dumb agressive fuck. Always uses the same inefficient approach, without observing ego.
* DA is slower
* DA will tire out
* TA has at least as much fighting experience as DA
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

tomr1976

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2006, 08:55:20 PM »
I am thinking Cruiser weight actually as that is what I am right now. but I may go up to 201 lbs

I thought you said after dieting down for the Mr Getbig that you would never allow yourself to get fat again?