Author Topic: Rocky 6 movie  (Read 8991 times)

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Rocky 6 movie
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2006, 04:27:44 AM »
I agree.

I feel the whole movie saga was about.....Rocky w/o Adrian =  a bum.

I am thinking this movie is going to prove that Rocky is a champ....regardless.

Isn't Talia Shire still very well alive & kicking? Why the feck wouldn't she return when Paulie (Burt Young) is returning? Haha, everyone sure hated scummy, scammy Paulie, the way he busted up Adrian in Rocky 1...shouting at her feckin' bedroom door LOL.
Team Goodrum!

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2006, 05:29:00 AM »
Comes out Christmas....

Rocky same old story line, gets pissed off, Adrienne gets pissed at him for getting back in the ring, fights, wins.

I think they should have done it differently and had his son fight.

Movie Trailer link:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4567299813927100331&q=rocky+6+movie&hl=en

They had a different storyline written up several years ago, they were going to have MR T leap on stage at Rockys retirement annnouncement  and bite half Rockys ear off.  Then after another event unfolded they said 'well there goes the originality in that idea!'
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2006, 05:30:38 AM »
They had a different storyline written up several years ago, they were going to have MR T leap on stage at Rockys retirement annnouncement  and bite half Rockys ear off.  Then after another event unfolded they said 'well there goes the originality in that idea!'

You are not funny. Go shoot some insulin.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2006, 05:46:21 AM »
You are not funny. Go shoot some insulin.

i now know who you are, it was obvious from day one,

you are bro_in_the_know, where you been bro?

you always nailed those skanks for us bro. 8)

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2006, 07:37:16 AM »
Isn't that Tarver playing the champ in that movie?
Lee

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2006, 07:42:53 AM »
Isn't that Tarver playing the champ in that movie?

yes, Antonio Tarver.
E

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2006, 08:29:43 AM »
This is an actual picture of Rocky and Ali in the ring fighting. I think Rocky looked pretty good for 45, both physically and his boxing skills. Pretty cool to see this. I don't think most people know about this.

That was a cool virtual match up.  I remember it.  Rocky Marchino knocks out Ali in the 15th. They had a few different endings so nobody, even Ali or Rocky didn't know how it would end.  I was so young that I thought they were really fighting.  I believe this was the first and I'm not sure why they didn't do more.  I caught it on ESPN Classic about 2 years ago and was awsum the second time.  Their are so many possibilities that they could a series and I believe it would be successful.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2006, 06:41:05 AM »
Rocky rocks... ;D
Team Goodrum!

Debussey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2006, 08:47:08 AM »
i now know who you are, it was obvious from day one,

you are bro_in_the_know, where you been bro?

you always nailed those skanks for us bro. 8)

This is member 34 being tied to Debussey.

Debussey is neither Rocket, Jaejonna, Jeff Miller, LSD guy, Alexx, Corinth, BigKev, MikeOxbig, Yaroni, natural al,  Flöwer, Davidpaul, Ski, BelieverinHit, Chad Mover, BrianX, Goatboy, Geo, Slippy, Jimmy, bro_in_the_know, Tomr76, DF, EM, Tredders, 240, AE, Tomcat,  Adam Adonix Abeles, Knny187, Bastiano Bast Insana, Blockhead, Juni, BSB or anybody else.

If Debussey had an alter ego at Getbig, a smart stalker would find the identity of it in 20 minutes.

Debussey = Debussey.  ;D

The great one:

Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2006, 08:49:56 AM »
This is member 34 being tied to Debussey.

Debussey is neither Rocket, Jaejonna, Jeff Miller, LSD guy, Alexx, Corinth, BigKev, MikeOxbig, Yaroni, natural al,  Flöwer, Davidpaul, Ski, BelieverinHit, Chad Mover, BrianX, Goatboy, Geo, Slippy, Jimmy, bro_in_the_know, Tomr76, DF, EM, Tredders, 240, AE, Tomcat,  Adam Adonix Abeles, Knny187, Bastiano Bast Insana, Blockhead, Juni, BSB or anybody else.

If Debussey had an alter ego at Getbig, a smart stalker would find the identity of the alter ego in 20 minutes.

Debussey = Debussey.  ;D

The great one:

are you brian dennehy gimmick account?

Debussey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2006, 08:51:13 AM »
are you brian dennehy gimmick account?

No

Debussey = Debussey
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2006, 08:55:36 AM »
No

Debussey = Debussey

are you old rooster?

jimmy?

Debussey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: November 18, 2006, 09:53:00 AM »
are you old rooster?

jimmy?

This is member 35 being tied to Debussey.

Debussey is neither Rocket, Jaejonna, Jeff Miller, LSD guy, Alexx, Corinth, BigKev, MikeOxbig, Yaroni, natural al,  Flöwer, Davidpaul, Ski, BelieverinHit, Chad Mover, BrianX, Goatboy, Geo, Old_Rooster, Slippy, Jimmy, bro_in_the_know, Tomr76, DF, EM, Tredders, 240, AE, Tomcat,  Adam Adonix Abeles, Knny187, Bastiano Bast Insana, Blockhead, Juni, BSB or anybody else.

If Debussey had an alter ego at Getbig, a smart stalker would find the identity of it in 20 minutes.

Debussey = Debussey.   ;D

The great one:

Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2006, 10:04:16 AM »
Isn't Talia Shire still very well alive & kicking? Why the feck wouldn't she return when Paulie (Burt Young) is returning? Haha, everyone sure hated scummy, scammy Paulie, the way he busted up Adrian in Rocky 1...shouting at her feckin' bedroom door LOL.

Actually...I like Paulie.  To me...everyone had a "paulie" that you grew up & became friends with.  He's a character that you're not exactly sure why you're friends....especially when no one else would want him as a friend.

My thoughts (w/o even knowing the script) is that Rocky needs an obstacle.  Age to a fighter is a huge enough obstacle...but what about losing the thing in your life that mattered most?

As you look at every Rocky movie...the obstacles get bigger & the situations get worse.  They had to do a step higher & kill off Adrian.  Hell, they killed Micky in Rocky 3, Creed in Rocky 4.....do you think killing Paulie would make great ratings or a severe obstacle?

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2006, 10:07:33 AM »
Actually...I like Paulie.  To me...everyone had a "paulie" that you grew up & became friends with.  He's a character that you're not exactly sure why you're friends....especially when no one else would want him as a friend.

My thoughts (w/o even knowing the script) is that Rocky needs an obstacle.  Age to a fighter is a huge enough obstacle...but what about losing the thing in your life that mattered most?

As you look at every Rocky movie...the obstacles get bigger & the situations get worse.  They had to do a step higher & kill off Adrian.  Hell, they killed Micky in Rocky 3, Creed in Rocky 4.....do you think killing Paulie would make great ratings or a severe obstacle?

Can't kill Paulie, period.
E

Rottmag

« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2006, 10:12:23 AM »
No doubt Sylvester got the computer simulation idea from back in the late 60's when Rocky Marciano and Ali did a mock fight and let a computer pick the winner. Rocky won. Rocky actually trained hard for the mock fight and took it seriously. He lost about 50 pounds training for this. Ali needed the cash since at the time he was not allowed to fight because of his refusal to go to war. Anyway, it is on fim and I have seen it. Pretty freakin cool to see this. Heard some pretty good stories about them really goin at it. Rocky never got to see  the completed fim as he died in a plane crash a few months later the day before his 46th birthday..

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #91 on: November 18, 2006, 10:34:07 AM »
Rocky 6 generates all the excitement of a morning shave..it's really just the latest implicit admission that he has absolutely nothing going on & never had talent to be original. Governor's job is taken.. :-\

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=107555.msg1552413#msg1552413

thisiskeith12

« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2006, 10:06:15 PM »
Unless it's a real fight, there's no purpose. I feel this will make it worse than 5.

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2006, 03:25:40 AM »

I don't know if killing everyone substantial off is good for the series. Of course Rocky needs an obstacle but perhaps getting over the hump of age & public underestimation of his senior abilities is enough? Not good to see Balboa alone and depressed. But maybe Talia just didn't wish to return for the 6th film. I'm sure the story on that is out there somewhere. As for ol' Paulie; luv him or hate, you just can't do without the foaming little bugger. I sure would have loved to see (still would truth be told) Paulie duke it out in the ring with one of Rocky's enemies as a memorable subplot! :D
Team Goodrum!

Tesla

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2006, 06:47:05 AM »
Rocky V was lame and this one sounds lame too, but I'll still see it.  I'd probably watch Rocky 500 if they made it that far  8)

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #95 on: November 19, 2006, 12:21:13 PM »
He got knocked out during the filming of the movie.  Had to go to the hospital.  He wanted the fight scenes to be as real as possible