Author Topic: Michigan Week!!!  (Read 2211 times)

paul84

• Getbig II
  • Nuke 'em, Rico!
Re: Michigan Week!!!
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2006, 01:08:34 PM »
Either way, I'm PUMPED. Cal plays USC this weekend, too. What a week for college football.

That's gonna be a huge game.  If USC wins and then loses to Notre Dame, ND could weasel their way into the BCS National Championship game.  Arkansas is in a pretty good spot also.  If they beat Florida in the SEC championship, they could get the bid also.  I'm not sure who else can hang with OSU or Mich right now though.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2006, 01:11:03 PM »
That's gonna be a huge game.  If USC wins and then loses to Notre Dame, ND could weasel their way into the BCS National Championship game.  Arkansas is in a pretty good spot also.  If they beat Florida in the SEC championship, they could get the bid also.  I'm not sure who else can hang with OSU or Mich right now though.

Yeah, I'm a Notre Dame fan but I really don't see them beating either team. I thought Cal stood a chance until last week but I've been thinking that Arkansas might stand the best shot. They've been playing almost flawless football since the first game. McFadden is a beast.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2006, 01:18:36 PM »
These are college kids, bro.

Some as young as 18.

It's very possible that a mental mistake or two might happen, or some kids might be intimidate by the situation (esp Michigan) playing on the road.

It's not the NFL.

DIV

These kids are in school to make money for the University and to win.  There are some that are actually there for an education (Troy Smith has already graduated), but for the most part, they are there to play football or basketball.  Ohio State has a 7'0" center named Greg Oden.  He is supposed to be AMAZING (he's out until January).  Do you think he would be at school if the NBA didn't have an age limit?  We have him for a few months, then he turns pro.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2006, 01:21:31 PM »
These are college kids, bro.

Some as young as 18.

It's very possible that a mental mistake or two might happen, or some kids might be intimidate by the situation (esp Michigan) playing on the road.

It's not the NFL.

DIV

Not showing up and making a mental mistake are two different things. Not showing up generally means you don't even want to be there playing the game. Mental mistakes happen on all levels, even the NFL, so you're making a pretty dumb point. To say that a team won't show up means that you're saying one of them doesn't want to be there playing or isn't ready to. This is the biggest game of their lives.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2006, 01:23:11 PM »
These kids are in school to make money for the University and to win.  There are some that are actually there for an education (Troy Smith has already graduated), but for the most part, they are there to play football or basketball.  Ohio State has a 7'0" center named Greg Oden.  He is supposed to be AMAZING (he's out until January).  Do you think he would be at school if the NBA didn't have an age limit?  We have him for a few months, then he turns pro.

Well, see Michael.

If it's a blowout, though, you'll know I was right.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2006, 01:23:41 PM »
Arkansas is no joke!!!  I've seen them play twicw this year and they are explosive on offense.  If they had not lost to USC they would probably be #2 in the country

Carmen Ohio

Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
And songs to Alma Mater raise
While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
Time and change will surely (truly) show
How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

These jolly days of priceless worth
By far the gladdest days on earth
Soon will pass and we not know
How dearly we love Ohio
We should strive to keep thy name
Of fair repute and spotless fame
So in college halls well grow
And love thee better ... OHIO!

Though age may dim our mem'ry's store
We'll think of happy days of yore
True to friend and frank to foe
As sturdy sons of Ohio
If on seas of care we roll
Neath blackened sky or barren shoal
Thoughts of thee bid darkness go
Dear Alma Mater...OHIO!

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2006, 01:25:54 PM »
Arkansas is no joke!!!  I've seen them play twicw this year and they are explosive on offense.  If they had not lost to USC they would probably be #2 in the country

Didn't Arkansas get blown out by USC?

It wasn't a close game.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2006, 01:27:40 PM »
Didn't Arkansas get blown out by USC?

It wasn't a close game.

DIV

It was also the first game of the season and they have been completely unstoppable since, demolishing Auburn and Tennessee. I would expect them to beat USC right now.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2006, 01:28:03 PM »
Yes they did.  But I think they are a much better team now.  They changed QB's and it made a huge difference.  There is no definite number 3 team this year.  

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2006, 01:30:15 PM »
There is plenty of football left to play, lets keep on 'chopping wood'...
I hope Rutgers gets the Orange Bowl bid (Championship Game would be fine too but realisticly speaking) ...
I wouldnt mind going to Miami for New Years !!!
I have money saved up for this trip already!!1
The Number 2 in Scranton

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2006, 01:33:23 PM »
There is plenty of football left to play, lets keep on 'chopping wood'...
I hope Rutgers gets the Orange Bowl bid (Championship Game would be fine too but realisticly speaking) ...
I wouldnt mind going to Miami for New Years !!!
I have money saved up for this trip already!!1

Rutgers won't beat West Virginia. They only reason they beat Louisville is because they completely shut down the passing game blitzing in the second half and WVU usually throws the ball 15 or less times a game. Slaton and Smith will run wild on Rutgers. Not to mention it's in West Virginia with the Big East crown most likely on the line.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2006, 01:35:55 PM »
I don't think Rutgers goes undefeated, if they do, i'd like to see them vs Bosie St in a BCS game.  I don't think Rutgers could keep up with some of the bigger schools.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2006, 01:36:11 PM »
You're not wrong, it's just that our buckeye friend only looked at undergrad programs (granted college football is for undergrads). when it comes to grad programs, there is no comparison, as Michigan has many top 10 programs *business school, law school, medical school for starters . . .

Yeah, I was going to mention that but I thought I could be off by 3-4 ranking spots and didn't want a lashing again!

mar10s

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2006, 01:37:23 PM »
As much as I dislike both teams, I'm gonna say OSU is gonna school Michigan.  The game was a while back, but Michigan did not impress me against the Badgers (Wisconsin), and that game was at the Big House.  Being at the Shoe, I think the Buckeyes will take it.  

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2006, 01:39:05 PM »
tressel and troy smith are probably better than carr and manningham/breaston.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2006, 01:40:45 PM »
That is not an original Michigan joke; Steve Spurrier said this several years ago while at Florida when a room at the University of Tennessee library caught fire.

makes no sense to apply it to michigan as Michigan has one of the ten biggest libraries in the nation . . . in fact, google wants to digitize their collection.