Author Topic: As requested: Palumbo caricature  (Read 8824 times)

Slick Vic

Re: As requested: Palumbo caricature
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2006, 06:52:41 AM »
Damn, Sexual Mustard!  :o

Good drawing! You've got talent!  8)

Sexual Mustard

• Getbig III
  • DC Comics Pro and TEAM MUSCLECENTER
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2006, 06:57:11 AM »

you should work for one of those magazine out there, dude. I'd like to see one for Jay cutler or ronnie coleman. I'm laughing already ;D

Believe it or not, Jay is aware of my work and said there's a possibility he'll contact me.  He has my email from an appearance he did this past summer.

I am technically self-employed --full time freelance artist, but have done work for both Marvel and DC.

NYCBULL-- true, schools everywhere are cutting their budget for the arts here in the states...music, art, photography...anything creative.  :(

Thanks to the rest...I'm off to bed.
SM

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2006, 07:00:22 AM »
Believe it or not, Jay is aware of my work and said there's a possibility he'll contact me.  He has my email from an appearance he did this past summer.

I am technically self-employed --full time freelance artist, but have done work for both Marvel and DC.

NYCBULL-- true, schools everywhere are cutting their budget for the arts here in the states...music, art, photography...anything creative.  :(

Thanks to the rest...I'm off to bed.
SM

I wish you great luck, Man. Marvel and DC are marvelous. I wish I could draw like that. :)
Get Big, or Die Trying

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2006, 07:12:00 AM »
How come you didn't use a thumbs up pose? Palumbo and a thumbs up pose are synonymous with one another. 

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2006, 07:14:27 AM »
is Palumbo part black? he looks it.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2006, 07:21:10 AM »

I'm from a french speaking country, and we learn art in school and learned to appreciate it.

the French although irritating in many ways, are paradigms in their appreciate for art and they consider art to be a nobel pursuit and they support them. Architects and Landscape Architects are revered in France, the way scientists or doctors are here. The French would never put up with the raping of the landscape as our country has done to itself. Just look at Southern California. They would never stand for an thoughtless piece of architecture. Their towns people are very involved in what gets built and what doesn't. America is about raping the land for profit, putting up the cheapest building. Americans drive by with their music on and the Slurpies and could care less.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2006, 07:24:48 AM »
the French although irritating in many ways, are paradigms in their appreciate for art and they consider art to be a nobel pursuit and they support them. Architects and Landscape Architects are revered in France, the way scientists or doctors are here. The French would never put up with the raping of the landscape as our country has done to itself. Just look at Southern California. They would never stand for an thoughtless piece of architecture. Their towns people are very involved in what gets built and what doesn't. America is about raping the land for profit, putting up the cheapest building. Americans drive by with their music on and the Slurpies and could care less.

I totally agree with that. I'm wondering if Europeans have an edge on Americans when it comes to Arts
Get Big, or Die Trying

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2006, 07:27:04 AM »

I totally agree with that. I'm wondering if Europeans have an edge on Americans when it comes to Arts
Ans: More history.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2006, 07:27:47 AM »

Europeans have an edge on Americans in everything.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2006, 07:27:53 AM »
good one, how about one of adonis and derek anthony fighting
Z

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2006, 07:45:24 AM »
hahahahaha That's great! You made him look extra gay!
~

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2006, 07:57:41 AM »
Europeans have an edge on Americans in everything.

not necessarily, in fact mid century and current day American artists, designers and architects are my favorites. My complaint is in the general American public just having no appreciation for them or for what art or architecture surrounds them on a daily basis. Ironicly they admire old European masters and then nothing. Art didn't stop hundreds of years ago.  We have great artists in Amercia but they just don't seem to inspire or influence middle class America. They are in museums and discussed amoungst intellectuals but then it stops there.  

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2006, 08:02:16 AM »
not necessarily, in fact mid century and current day American artists, designers and architects are my favorites. My complaint is in the general American public just having no appreciation for them or for what art or architecture surrounds them on a daily basis. Ironicly they admire old European masters and then nothing. Art didn't stop hundreds of years ago.  We have great artists in Amercia but they just don't seem to inspire or influence middle class America. They are in museums and discussed amoungst intellectuals but then it stops there.  

I don't know if I should blame  Pop culture for that
Get Big, or Die Trying

huge285

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2006, 08:05:14 AM »
nice job!!!

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2006, 08:47:48 AM »
nice job!!!
HAHA!!! from the man himself.......
-

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2006, 09:04:07 AM »

I don't know if I should blame  Pop culture for that

nah, I blame teachers and parents. Pop culture will feed our kids the lowest common denominator that exists after they are raised and educated.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2006, 09:32:29 AM »

You are very very talented, SM...excellent work! You should submit your stuff to various BB publications. Maybe a monthly thing...where you can submit caricatures of BB's and 'who's who' in the industry as related in a story or something. Something to think about but I know comic book artists hate DEADLINES so...
?

christinafitness

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2006, 10:42:57 AM »
The drawing is a caricature of a black bodybuilder,
Dave Palumbo is a living cartoon or a white bodybuilder.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2006, 10:48:24 AM »

That is a cariacture of Jumbo Palumbo and it is no secret Dave has features in the face area similair to that of a negroe. Lips, nose etc...

I honestly believe if a Bigfoot or a Sasquatch was shaven down you would have a identicle clone of Dave.

Ever see Dave walking through an expo? Ever see that 'Patterson Film' of a Bigfoot retreating back into the woods on film? It can't be argued with.
?

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2006, 10:52:25 AM »
Dave isnt tall at all....when I saw him he wasnt even huge like I thought he would be...

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2006, 11:05:01 AM »
Dave isnt tall at all....when I saw him he wasnt even huge like I thought he would be...

I would say he's around 5'8''
Get Big, or Die Trying

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2006, 11:34:38 AM »

I would say he's around 5'8''

I don't think so.  I think Dave is closer to 5'10" or 11" and he looks great!!! Looks very healthy, yet still carrying lots of muscle and of course very lean.  I say he looks much better now than while he was competing. 

finurface

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2006, 11:37:44 AM »
Ya know people talk big about art, but when it comes down to paying the artist they disappear. Amercans do not really have an appreciation for art or artists. Just look around the city you live in. Look at the curriculum in your schools.

yeah, but "artists" doesnt build nations...  Its working people.

We have plenty of "artists" here in europe, and 99% of em have their card to the communist party...

Douche bags who talk cause they cant do shit and always chose the side of the worst terrorists or criminals.

Europe is full of useless"artists" who are usefull idiots, speaking their mind about things they have no clue about.

Thats the kind of homos you want in the usa?

You have em alrdy, they re in holywood, leftists bullshiters...what are they doing for america? buying third world childs like madonna did recently?

We have the same here in europe, and they are as useless as yours, so no need to wish for more!

just to say, enough with this "great ultimate europa" most of you guys are talking about..you re totally clueless... europa is doomed, socially, economically ... We re getting replaced by african people, from spain to denmark. South is heading north...  I laugh when a guy said somewhere on the boards "there s no unemployment in europe, or its below 10 %"

WTF? are u smoking pot?  In france unemployment is about 20% and its common knowledge that our leftist biased medias do their bst to hide the facts. We have close to 15 millions of muslims already, and its a leak from our national secret services that surfaced recently...

Most european want to immigrate in north america cause they can smell that the shit is about to hit the fan again with this muslimification of our nations.

You re dremaing about somethign that doesnt exist, the place to be for an occidental is north america, not europe anymore.

Lets make it clear: there is no future in europe, "art" , superior way of life and taste or anythign like that anymore, you re living in dreams that are 100 years old...

If you stop by any european main city, you ll see gang of arab or black youths from africa or middle east, wearing scarves or ghetto style clothes hunting  whites (especially tourists who are so easy to rob) people down ugly dark streets full of garbage.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2006, 01:14:31 PM »
nah, I blame teachers and parents. Pop culture will feed our kids the lowest common denominator that exists after they are raised and educated.
nycbull, I hear what you're saying but this is a bit harsh and over-arching. Most parents are usually too busy or tired raising kids to be the art-loving cosmopolitan, witty bon mots throwers that movies portray, and teachers have sadly been reduced to classroom wranglers rather than infusers of 'art' curiousity. I love art, collect books and go out of my way to support the arts. Know how many of my circle do the same? None. They all give it lip service but none will vote with their feet, and these are smart, well-rounded people. Sad? Sad. Ah well, keep up the good fight.  :'(

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2006, 01:25:21 PM »
that's dead on

how about Derek anthony?
X