Author Topic: Just bought a new LCD tv!  (Read 2703 times)

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
Re: Just bought a new LCD tv!
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2006, 12:52:02 PM »
The higher they are the clearer they will sound.  The only reason I went nuts is because of a long over due insurance settlement.  Otherwise it would of been back ole the old 27"er. which I gave to the in laws and they think they have a movie screen ;D

But if Anyone in the New England area is looking to invest PM me and I'll give you the phone to the dude who does the Pats.  Costly, but quality.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2006, 01:05:07 PM »
I'm not sure what a HDMI input is as yet  :-[ I have my ps2 and dvd plugged into it atm though?

It has a plug for my monitor as well, built in digital box...all the bells and whistles. The surround has 4 tall speakers a sub twice the size of my pc box...its off tha hook!

Be cool to see some pics of other getbiggers entertainment setups

That description almost made me hard.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2006, 01:05:26 PM »
The higher they are the clearer they will sound.  The only reason I went nuts is because of a long over due insurance settlement.  Otherwise it would of been back ole the old 27"er. which I gave to the in laws and they think they have a movie screen ;D

But if Anyone in the New England area is looking to invest PM me and I'll give you the phone to the dude who does the Pats.  Costly, but quality.

Using professionals is nice but not needed and it can be very expensive. With some research and some shopping around someone could save themselves thousands and still build an excellent system.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2006, 01:46:25 PM »
I'll post some pics next week when I figure out how I want it for the room

Sub...maybe under the bed? suggestions....I'm thinking to have two of the tall speakers each side of the set and two in the two back corners of the room

Put the Sub in the corner, don't be afraid to move the sub around though, because different locations can really affect the sound and feel. Buy a really good centre channel. If you are gong to watch lots of movies. The center channel speaker carries most of the dialogue and sound. Only get towers if you plan on playing music separate from your video.

I have a 7.1 set-up with mirage nanoset speakers and Yamaha Amp for sound. Also I have 50" LCD Projection TV, my TV is a few years old so I only have 1080i, Oh well.

Sounds like you have a killer system. I want to buy one of those TV's for Upstairs.

I almost forgot. Make sure you get an HD Receiver. It is the best purchase you can make. Sports are absolutely amazing in HD. If you like Soccer, it helps because you can see the defenders and wingers in the play an this helps tp see how the plays are set up.
Z

Bast175

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2006, 07:45:26 PM »
I bought a 42" westinghouse lcd today.   :D

body88

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2006, 07:55:59 PM »
Just got the Sony Bravia 40 inch lcd for xmass from the wifey!!!!! It has 1080p and all those outputs and shat. Thing is pretty crazy. Effin helped me pick it out. He knows a ton of shit about tv's.

Thanks again effin.

Bast175

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2006, 07:58:44 PM »
Just got the Sony Bravia 42 inch lcd for xmass from the wifey!!!!! It has 1080p and all those outputs and shat. Thing is pretty crazy. Effin helped me pick it out. He knows a ton of shit about tv's.

Thanks again effin.

nice, I spent only 1g for a 42" lcd (has a pretty good review on cnet.com), and I got a $200 gift card.  So i bought a surge protector and stand. 

and all i payed was $1075 with tax, with $43 left on my gift card.  :o

Bast175

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2006, 07:59:55 PM »
i'll get an audio system for it later on.  Your Sony probably has a good sound system already huh?

body88

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2006, 08:03:23 PM »
nice, I spent only 1g for a 42" lcd (has a pretty good review on cnet.com), and I got a $200 gift card.  So i bought a surge protector and stand. 

and all i payed was $1075 with tax, with $43 left on my gift card.  :o

Sounds like a good deal to me. Did you hook it up? It has a system she bought for me. I do not know the model name. It is also a Sony. I will try to hunt down the receipt. The tv is being deliever on the 23rd.

They say it takes a long time to set up? I am having them do it, lol.

Bast175

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2006, 08:08:35 PM »

Sounds like a good deal to me. Did you hook it up? It has a system she bought for me. I do not know the model name. It is also a Sony. I will try to hunt down the receipt. The tv is being deliever on the 23rd.

They say it takes a long time to set up? I am having them do it, lol.

i get it delivered thursday.   now i need a monster rug for my living room.   a clear glass fridge would be nice for booze for guests.

body88

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2006, 08:53:07 PM »
Ikea is your friend!

scooter

• Getbig III
  • the fvckin priest deserved to die
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2006, 09:01:40 PM »
we have a 62'' projection in the house with a good sound system I dont know exactly what it is because its the roomates good set up IMO that thing was a bitch to get up the stairs. plus a bar right behind the couch because you dont want to have to go to the kitchen to get a beer

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2006, 09:59:04 PM »
Congrats mang!

all set for the world cup!  8)
carpe` vaginum!

body88

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2006, 06:21:11 AM »
i'll get an audio system for it later on.  Your Sony probably has a good sound system already huh?

Bast this is the set up. Sony intergrated sound system. With the 40 inch, Sony bravia lcd. I thought it was 42. It is actually the 40 inch.

PUERTOROCKS

• Getbig II
  • Get big or die tryin
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2006, 09:07:18 AM »
I got a 50 inch TOSHIBA rear projection lcd and a jvc 37 inch lcd in my bedroom.  Once you go HDTV you cant go back!! 

Anyone own a Vizio??  You can get a 42 lcd for like 1200 bucks.

http://www.viziotv.com/Default.aspx
Get big or die tryin!

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2006, 09:15:43 AM »
I just got the 42" Samsung Plasma for the bedroom, comes next Wed.