Author Topic: Has anyone reached 20,000 posts yet?  (Read 4157 times)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: Has anyone reached 20,000 posts yet?
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2006, 01:42:20 AM »
OMG, i gotta get a life.  I never logout does that make me stay online all the time.  Cause I basically just leave the window open while I work or do something else.  I wish I could get back those 75 days. 

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2006, 01:49:46 AM »

I wish.  I'm working lotsa hours every day.

No offense 240,but I have a very different definition of the word "work" than you do.  ;)

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2006, 01:49:55 AM »
OMG, i gotta get a life.  I never logout does that make me stay online all the time.  Cause I basically just leave the window open while I work or do something else.  I wish I could get back those 75 days. 

Keith

Let me summarise what I said in that novel I just posted.

If you leave the window open, getbig is not communicating with your browser, absolutely nothing is happening in the background.  Getbig only talks to your computer when you ask it to give you a page or a thread.

dawakaman

• Getbig III
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2006, 02:36:11 AM »
i am the administrator.

hahahaha, that's cool, i tried it!

Peace
D

Whiskey

• Getbig III
  • Team Billy Of Peace
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2006, 05:04:44 AM »
hahahahaha, i haven't posted as Sarcasm in almost a month and i'm still number 5.
Dude switch off your computer,get up,go to the front door,open it step outside and go for a walk.
Its a lovely day today

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2006, 05:26:21 AM »
Dude switch off your computer,get up,go to the front door,open it step outside and go for a walk.
Its a lovely day today

not here it isn't.Cold and cloudy. >:(

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2006, 09:52:50 AM »
I wish I could get back those 75 days. 

you would probably just waste them anyways

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2006, 12:32:06 PM »
i had a feeling that's what was going on, rocket. so if i make a post on here, then leave the page open and come back six hours later, when i refresh that's going to add 6 hours onto my online time, right?

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2006, 12:34:43 PM »
i had a feeling that's what was going on, rocket. so if i make a post on here, then leave the page open and come back six hours later, when i refresh that's going to add 6 hours onto my online time, right?

IF I understood him correctly..NO.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2006, 12:39:12 PM »
IF I understood him correctly..NO.

"As I've said several times here, the time online function is almost certainly an amount of time incremented onto your time online everytime you refresh a page (that is, everytime you refresh one and a login is performed).  The reason I say this is because the system tracks how many people are online at one time which is actually just how many people have logged in in the last 30/60 mins."

it looked like he was saying that it takes the time you logged in and then increments it based on your refresh. i only ask because my online shot up from about 19 hours to over five days in what seemed like about five days, but i sure as hell haven't been just sitting here reading the board nonstop for that long.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2006, 12:39:54 PM »
Based on my average daily post count on my current account, multiplied by 365, multiplied by the 8 years I've been posting here, I have 28,791 posts!  :o

Worship me, bitches!  >:(
Ron: "I am lazy."

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2006, 12:48:27 PM »
"As I've said several times here, the time online function is almost certainly an amount of time incremented onto your time online everytime you refresh a page (that is, everytime you refresh one and a login is performed).  The reason I say this is because the system tracks how many people are online at one time which is actually just how many people have logged in in the last 30/60 mins."

it looked like he was saying that it takes the time you logged in and then increments it based on your refresh. i only ask because my online shot up from about 19 hours to over five days in what seemed like about five days, but i sure as hell haven't been just sitting here reading the board nonstop for that long.

well,I said IF I understood him correctly... :)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2006, 12:53:34 PM »
well,I said IF I understood him correctly... :)

well i might not have understood either. just trying to see if there's an error in my logic.  8)

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2006, 03:29:52 PM »

Its possible thats what it is but what I actually meant that I believe it adds 30 or 60 minutes on to your online time every time you log in.  Of course it doesn't add more if you've already been credited for those minutes.  But theoretically the time online would increase the most if you regularly checked getbig every 30/60 mins. 

So in your case you log in at a time, get 30/60 mins added and then 6 hours later you do the same, you get another 30/60 minutes.

The value of the amount of minutes that are added on is almost certainly directly the same value that is used to calculate "most users online" which is somewhat of a bs concept as there has never been 1000 concurrent people browsing the board.. only 1000 people active in a certain timeframe. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2006, 03:34:04 PM »
perhaps you are credited 30 seconds for every 'refresh' action.  That is my estimate - that it adds a # of seconds every time a page is opened or you F5

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2006, 04:28:17 PM »
perhaps you are credited 30 seconds for every 'refresh' action.  That is my estimate - that it adds a # of seconds every time a page is opened or you F5

I sincerly doubt that.  Consider that that requires multiple calculations every refresh.  On a high volume board that would kill it.

As far as I could tell from the SMF board (the actual support board) I am correct.