Author Topic: 'Kramer' Shocks Los Angeles Comedy Club Audience by Spewing Racial Slurs  (Read 11917 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: 'Kramer' Shocks Los Angeles Comedy Club Audience by Spewing Racial Slurs
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2006, 05:26:24 PM »
GO F**K YOURSELF!

ps - don't be offended, ...just following your instructions  :D
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=108577.0
LOL... Score!!!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2006, 05:28:11 PM »
Jag, I was asking why you thought whites aren't offended by being called cracker, not that's what you said. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2006, 05:48:46 PM »
Jag, I was asking why you thought whites aren't offended by being called cracker, not that's what you said. 

For the reasons I explained earlier, ...that and the fact that most whites I've ever heard called that burst out laughing.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2006, 06:41:52 PM »
i laugh at that name, but i instantly recognize the person using it is trying his hardest to insult my race, a ploy that - if reversed- would make put me on CNN.  Go figure!

Kramer is a racist but so were those kids.  Only difference is, they went to his job and attempted to disrupt his livelihood.  Heckling, they were the aggressors. Then, after his very wrong rant, they did threaten to go to their cars and return with something (presumably a weapon). 

I will make it my mission to put up a website punking the shit out of those 2 idiots if they get one cent.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2006, 07:51:53 PM »
i laugh at that name, but i instantly recognize the person using it is trying his hardest to insult my race, a ploy that - if reversed- would make put me on CNN.  Go figure!

Kramer is a racist but so were those kids.  Only difference is, they went to his job and attempted to disrupt his livelihood.

:-\  man oh man I could say a gadzillion things about "attempting to disrupt peoples livelihoods, ...but I won't.  :-X

They were paying customers who paid to be entertained, not personally attacked.

Heckling, they were the aggressors.

I heard they weren't so much heckling as they were speaking too loudly while ordering their drinks. And when one said he wasn't funny, that's when Richards lost it. {shrug}

Sinbad was in the audience that night, and here's what he had to say about the whole thing. I really have to agree with his perspective on his apology. It was a joke, even the Letterman audience agrees, as they could barely contain their laughter as he spoke. Sinbad's perspective

Then, after his very wrong rant, they did threaten to go to their cars and return with something (presumably a weapon).

I didn't hear that part. 

I will make it my mission to put up a website punking the shit out of those 2 idiots if they get one cent.

If the $5 million figure I've heard thrown about is true, ...you couldn't possibly punk them no matter how hard you tried. {lol} I'd even let you call me a NeoCon Republican Rush groupie for $5 mill.  :P
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2006, 07:54:32 PM »
I watched the Sinbad clip last night.  Great perspective. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2006, 10:38:20 AM »

WOW lot of anger and dedication in that proclimation there. MAKE IT YOUR MISSION.  Jesus Christ thats a life goal for ya,

body88

« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2006, 10:43:43 AM »
WOW lot of anger and dedication in that proclimation there. MAKE IT YOUR MISSION.  Jesus Christ thats a life goal for ya,

Are you looking to have a reason to call 240 racist? These two people do not deserve a cent from this. An apology yes. Money? Give me a break.

If Kramer had just attacked them with that rant for no reason then they would deserve money. But they goaded him into it. Does not make what Kramer did right. But they also called him a cracker lol. Guess they are racists to? You know if one should not spew hateful rhetoric when angry.

I do not like what Kramer said. It was wrong. But these guys do not deserve a single cent over this. The point about african americans being able to call people crackers at will is valid. Same thing with the giant double standerd that is going on today with race.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2006, 10:45:56 AM »

If you go to a comedy club and sit in the front OR interact with the comedian, you WILL become part of the entertainment and should expect that.

Like other said, many (most) black comedians insult whites in their act...this case should be thrown out of court after the first judge looks at it.

body88

« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2006, 10:50:46 AM »
If you go to a comedy club and sit in the front OR interact with the comedian, you WILL become part of the entertainment and should expect that.

Like other said, many (most) black comedians insult whites in their act...this case should be thrown out of court after the first judge looks at it.

In every African American show they pick on whites and Asians. Hell the put the spotlight on the white members of the audience at times. I wonder what would happen if Dane Cook did that ::) Jesse Jackson would be on the news 4 min later ::)

Not to mention yelling things and antagonizing a comedian during his show negates the point they where attacked. They where insulted after they started the altercation. WHy is this so hard? What he said was wrong, but they called hom a cracker! Sounds like they said racial things when angry. Both of em are exploiting this for money.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2006, 11:04:59 AM »
I heard comedian Billy Connelly brought the house down in Toronto last night with his take on the whole Richards thing. I wasn't there, ...but the news showed a clip of him pointing to the balconey and screaming "Look it's whitey, ...he's white, ...he's white, ...throw that man out!" Then he turned to the audience and asked, "...does it have the same effect?" The audience was roaring with laughter.
w

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2006, 01:23:07 PM »
2 Mistakes:

I have a few friends who are full-time professional comedians.
One of them even shared a stage with Jay Leno once.
They’ll tell you that there are RULES for dealing with hecklers.

RULE #1 (and the biggest): ALWAYS KEEP YOUR COOL.
Never let emotion get involved and NEVER make the attack a personal vendetta.
In other words, never do what Michael Richards did – that was his 1st mistake.

Instead, I’ve seen performers successfully turn the audience on the heckler (as if proving the heckler is impeding the audience’s enjoyment of the show).
Sometimes, the comedian can “work with” the heckler to enhance the performance: this takes quite a knack. You must know not only how to handle, but IF you can handle a troublemaker.

A lot of comedians have “planned ad-libs” they use to deal with problem situations if and when they arise – sort of like stock comebacks on reserve.
Richards should have known better, and if he’s so far out of touch with real life that he didn’t, then he had no business being on stage in the first place. Stand-up comedy is NOT SOMETHING EVERYONE CAN DO!!!

2nd Mistake:
C’mon, Mike…
Regardless if you feel that white people have the right to say “the word in question” or not, you know what kind of  sh it  you’re gonna get if you do say it, especially when you’re a mainstream(?) celebrity in today's PC-sensitive climate.
I don’t feel sorry for people who cause their own problems simply out of stupidity.

Bottom line:
Gibson was drunk.
What’s Richards’ excuse?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2006, 01:25:13 PM »
Montague I agree with you, but I think his biggest mistake was not telling funny jokes.   :)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2006, 02:01:32 PM »
Montague I agree with you, but I think his biggest mistake was not telling funny jokes.   :)

Funny helps.
Okay,
New RULE #1...

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2006, 03:01:50 AM »
What’s Richards’ excuse?

...a previously undiagnosed case of Tourettes?  ;)
w

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2006, 11:43:41 AM »
I heard they weren't so much heckling as they were speaking too loudly while ordering their drinks. And when one said he wasn't funny, that's when Richards lost it. {shrug}
That’s heckling.
When you make negative comments about the show/performer and the comments are loud enough for multiple people to hear, THAT IS HECKLING.

Expect to be:

Involved? YES.
Attacked? NO.

But to insult anyone’s livelihood (or the way they conduct it) and not expect a retaliation is STUPID.
And when you attack a STUPID person’s livelihood, you’ll likely see a STUPID retaliatory effort in turn.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2006, 12:16:02 PM »
Haven’t caught any news lately, but last I heard, the “racially attacked” victims refused to accept Richards’ apology, but they want to sue for five million dollars.
I can see many of you shaking your heads.
Listen,
If you were offered 5 million bucks or an apology, WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE?

I don’t think it’s at all pretentious of these guys to go after the money. They’re pursuing it because they know there’s an excellent chance they’ll get it (or at least something).

So don’t blame them for trying.
Instead blame the system and the society that rewards this type of behavior and makes (made) it possible for a dumb bitch who spilled coffee on herself to win an incontrovertibly frivolous settlement from a billion dollar fast food chain.

And if you believe it and it gives you a red ass that badly, then go do something to change it.
Obviously you’re not the only one(s) who feel this way.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2006, 12:18:20 PM »
They acted all sad, pathetic, and helpless on the news.

I'm guessing they were a tad more bravado when telling Kramer they were going to their cars to return with something to 'show him what's up'.

Allred knows she has no case - her request to "all of us sit down with a retired judge and talk about it" shows she probably has a handpicked judge in mind and knows her clients would look like absolute shit when put on the stand and asked about THEIR actions.

OneBigMan

« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2006, 01:00:27 PM »
People should not get attached to their emotions so easily when it comes to race. Just look at racial jokes and take it with a grain of salt because some of them are not far fetched. You have to be honest, neutral, and realistic when you think about what people like Kramer says or even that germ Jimi Foxx says to arouse himself and his audience.

Just remember the comments by those four ameri-negro comedians when they refered to Bill Clownton as their labeled first black president ???

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2006, 01:46:00 PM »
i think the hecklers were wrong but for his first comeback to be racial was tasteless. He could have gotten back at them a different way.  The first thing out his mouth was  racial.
he hurt em where it'd hurt the MOST...i'd have done EXACTLY the same....

\
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2006, 01:49:27 PM »
True.  On the other hand, people tend to say things in anger that they truly believe, but otherwise wouldn't say if they weren't angry.  I would imagine "Kramer" uses this kind of language in private all the time. 

you're starting to REALLY piss me off now ....

STFU...you think everyone should go around loving everyone ....riiiight..its not a fucking perfect world..and most american blacks DO have a " ooo i'm oppressed''i'm pmsing...ooo give me preferred treatment cause i'mppressed" attitude...hense most of my black friends..well no ALL my black friends are africans...i frankly dont like amreekan blacks..with VERY few exceptions..u the kinda person why ...
so he does not like blacks..GET OVER It....

yanno when i say i dont like black chicks the nignogs all start calling me a racist..but when i say i dont like asian chicks the chinese and japs dont give a FLYING f**k....why is that? do tell mate..? plez explain...why is it a big no no for me to say i dont like black chicks here in the US....yanno what an african chick would say if i said that....she wouldn't give a flying fuck....cause she dosen't walk around all day  boohooing about how she feels oppressed..pathctic...if the situation were reversed and a black dude had used the word cracker it wouldn't be prime time news...pathetic i tell ya..

its not societies problem to baby you..up your self esteem ...booofuckain hoo he used the word ni gger..get the f**k over it....unless you really see your self as a nignog..only then you'd take such offence..no?
carpe` vaginum!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2006, 04:19:29 PM »
Montague,

Those are all very good points you make, however where I have to deviate is this one

Instead blame the system and the society that rewards this type of behavior and makes (made) it possible for a dumb bitch who spilled coffee on herself to win an incontrovertibly frivolous settlement from a billion dollar fast food chain.

At first blush the award for the coffee case seems excessive and opportunitistically litigious, ...and that was my first reaction, ...but when I delved deeper into the case, and understood all the factors behind, I see why the damage award was so high. McDonald's needed to be held accountable for what on their part was a clear case of negligence IMO. They knew it would happen sooner or later, but were going for the odds. When the number came up, the jury saw to it that they paid a steep price.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2006, 04:36:43 PM »
most of my black friends..well no ALL my black friends are africans...i frankly dont like amreekan blacks..with VERY few exceptions..u the kinda person why ...

:'(  what about Canadians?

It's funny you say that, because you sound like an African. Most Africans don't like North American Blacks either ...with few exceptions.

It's funny that people expect people to be the same all over the world, based on nothing more than skin colour, ...despite different cultures, histories, traditions, and paradigms. To expect that a Black person growing up in a ghetto is going to think the same way or have the same attitudes as someone raised in Africa, or would attract the same friends, is akin to thinking a silver spoon fed kid from a London prep school, is going to be buddies with or attract the same friends as one growing up in the backwoods of Kentucky or Appalachia. Or that the two would feel an automatic kinship.

That said, ...Toxie, you can't move into the heart of Appalachia and declare all those toothless inbreds who may have married their own cousins as representative of all whites, or even all American whites. Look where you are located for crying out loud.
w

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2006, 05:36:25 PM »
beach Bum, who cares if kramer uses that language all the time in his life...it's no ones business.  I know many people that say that and much worse, just talk to anyone that works the police department in NYC and you'll hear worse all the time.  Also, there are many, many blacks that make that talk look like kidergarten talk when talking about whites.  Once again, just spend time in a black neighborhhood and you'll see that they all basically hate whites, it works both ways.  My view is that there is good and bad in all races and people should be judge individually not as a group.   

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2006, 05:39:11 PM »
Montague,

Those are all very good points you make, however where I have to deviate is this one

At first blush the award for the coffee case seems excessive and opportunitistically litigious, ...and that was my first reaction, ...but when I delved deeper into the case, and understood all the factors behind, I see why the damage award was so high. McDonald's needed to be held accountable for what on their part was a clear case of negligence IMO. They knew it would happen sooner or later, but were going for the odds. When the number came up, the jury saw to it that they paid a steep price.

Sometimes I use a bit of poetic license to prove a point.
Just seems more artistic than many comedians who drop f-bombs faster than Paramount dropped Tom Cruise.

Respectfully, the line where “steep” crosses from justified to frivolous is left to personal interpretation.

Yea, I used to get frustrated when I couldn’t suck a McDonald’s milk shake through the straw they give you, and I remember having to wait for what seemed like hours for their coffee to cool enough to drink it. And I even burned my lip and tongue a few times, but the idea of suing them for it never occurred to me.

Specific to the terms of the case:
I’ll accept the notion that the woman deserved "SOME" compensation. But I also agree that limitations had to be implemented in order to prevent other people from TOTALLY abusing it.